Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Lampard was okay today, but against the Manchester teams, who play rather direct he is not able to cover ground fast enough and his tendency to drift forward can leave us exposed or at least he will be too far away from the opponent to make the tackle. Mikel and Ramires are much more suited for the double pivot in these kind of games. Lamps would be more effective as sub in such a game. With him on in the last 20 mins we would have a better chance of scoring late. against teams like Arsenal, Barca or Bayern, where we will not have as much posession his distribution from deep to initiate the counter and his long-range passing are still important.

Frank I have to say has put up with a lot of bullshit thrown his way. Asking one of England's best midfielders of all time to sit way back and sit alongside a holding midfielder when he's been the 20 plus goal scorer for years is tough to take on the chin. But he's tried his best and obviously it's not his favored position but he's tried his best to help the team win and that's why he's so beloved.

He really should have broken the record today with a hattrick, but nevertheless I'm super delighted for him. I almost expected him to take off his shirt to reveal another shirt with the text "200 almost out, they're all for you, thanks" :D Just 5 years ago he had 100 less goals, amazing.

Do you think he would have scored more or less as a striker? I think less, because playing deep actually helps him score more imo. As a striker he would have to be in the box all the time and he couldn't make his trademark late runs which take up 20% of his goals easily.

He played really well today. Should have scored more. Put Ba through a couple of times as well. Did well. And for him to score his 200th as well. One of the best moments of the season, especially against west ham at home.