Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Did you actually watch the game mate? The reason England had to play deeper in the second half is because Brazil pressed the fuck out of them, Oscar & Neymar were up Cahill & Johnson's arses right up until the final whistle. That's how Brazil's goal was scored, because Cahill tried to bring it out under pressure when there was no space & that forced him to take a bad touch & make the mistake.

In fact the converse is true, Lampard dropped deeper to accomodate England's more-than-obvious inadequacies at the back & Gerrard did the same, to at least give them some kind of outlet because Smalling & Cahill's distribution was really quite poor at times. Brazil upped the ante in the second half & that is why England had to drop deep - I fail to see how that is down to Lampard whatsoever.

I'm not saying that he necessarily put in an amazing performance today, I think the only player on the field from both sides to even come close to doing so was Wilshere; & it was really only for about 60 minutes in reality. Neymar & Oscar did well, but they weren't overwhelmingly impressive by any means. But what do you expect, it's a friendly & it only became the kind of intense international atmosphere you would expect after 45 minutes. He only came on at half time & did add some solidarity in possession at least, & the fact is that he finished the opportunity he was presented - & it was an undeniably superb goal to beat one of the best keepers in the world in empthatic fashion.

How can you call yourself an England fan & not celebrate a win against Brazil at Wembley & give a player credit when he was what made the difference at the end of the day? I've always found some of the Lampard hate from certain England fans utterly perplexing to be honest.

& you must be smoking some seriously good shit to think that Cleverely deserves a place in the starting line up ahead of Lamps or even Milner. Pretty much invalidates everything you say once you make such an absurd claim...

In the first half we had the players who could press, Cleverly and Wilshere, while having Gerrard drop deep, when Lampard came on we had to play deep because he doesn't have the stamina to press for 45 mins non stop.

Secondly Neymar wasn't pressing, he was mostly on the wing letting Johnson fly up and down., he hardly touched the ball. Oscar was pressing but that's what he did in the first half, he was class in that game. The goal Brazil scored was because Cahill ran into trouble, when he first received the ball he was in a comfortable position but then he got too overconfident and suffered the consequences.

Neymar was poor, so to say he did well is beyond belief. I know you say it's just a friendly, but mate i've watched when Lampard plays for us (England) this year, we are miles better when we have Cleverly and Wilshere playing. simple.

As i said, Lampard scored a great goal but overall he was average and with him and Gerrard in the team it makes us go too defensive. Lampard hate you say? i love him as a player, i'm just being realistic, for ENGLAND (not Chelsea) he shouldn't start.

Haha Milner? seriously... Cleverly is a smart player, he's good with the ball and has a good engine, Wilshere's obviously better but Cleverly is a talent.

I honestly think most England fans would agree, i'm not hating, it's just time for England to move on, we have younger players to come in and offer something different.

Gonna offer him a new contract?!

Make it happen, Roman!!

Good news if true, not just because it means he'll stick around for another year but it coincides nicely with reports of someone special texting him lately. :yay:

It's a nice feeling to know he might be staying, but you've got to think he's going to be largely a squad player. He's just not what we need right now in that midfield, but he can still come off the bench and make an impact. I also think this means Josh gets another year out on loan which he really does seem to need.

Errr, weren't you like against the idea of keeping Lampard at the club previously??

In the first half we had the players who could press, Cleverly and Wilshere, while having Gerrard drop deep, when Lampard came on we had to play deep because he doesn't have the stamina to press for 45 mins non stop.

Secondly Neymar wasn't pressing, he was mostly on the wing letting Johnson fly up and down., he hardly touched the ball. Oscar was pressing but that's what he did in the first half, he was class in that game. The goal Brazil scored was because Cahill ran into trouble, when he first received the ball he was in a comfortable position but then he got too overconfident and suffered the consequences.

Neymar was poor, so to say he did well is beyond belief. I know you say it's just a friendly, but mate i've watched when Lampard plays for us (England) this year, we are miles better when we have Cleverly and Wilshere playing. simple.

As i said, Lampard scored a great goal but overall he was average and with him and Gerrard in the team it makes us go too defensive. Lampard hate you say? i love him as a player, i'm just being realistic, for ENGLAND (not Chelsea) he shouldn't start.

Haha Milner? seriously... Cleverly is a smart player, he's good with the ball and has a good engine, Wilshere's obviously better but Cleverly is a talent.

I honestly think most England fans would agree, i'm not hating, it's just time for England to move on, we have younger players to come in and offer something different.

Well I'm not going to bother arguing semantics over the tactics - but the fact is that England played with what was essentially a 4-3-3 for most of the first half & obviously wanted to employ that pressing game due to Brazil's physical frailty in the midfield in order to disrupt & prevent them from playing their usual possession game - & due to coming into the break leading by a goal, switched to a 4-2-3-1 so they could absorb the inevitable pressure that Brazil were going to exude being a one down & chasing the game. That is why Lampard & Gerrard were both in deeper positions with Wilshere just ahead of them.

As for Neymar, he wasn't amazing, I made that quite clear - considering the hype he was an obvious disappointment. However, I don't actually rate him among those upper echelons of the game just yet as he is yet to show his quality where it matters on the big stage in Europe - so in my objective opinion, I thought he had a decent game since he was at least trying to make things happen & worked hard to make space for himself; he had plenty of the ball contrary to your claims.

& yes, he was putting Johnson under pressure at times during the second half, most distinctly in the build up to Cahill's mistake. I didn't say he was tracking back with Johnson, because I don't think he did that once. But when Johnson had the ball around his own area, Neymar made sure he was always blocking the direct path in front of him.

But back to Lampard - when exactly have you seen him play in an England shirt this year prior to last night? Pretty certain this was the first fixture of the year for the national side...

& if you're referring to since after the Euros, then you might want to consider the fact that he scored 3 goals in two games, thereafter being out injured until Christmas - so this has been his first England game in four months. You also have to consider the fact that the opposition up until the Poland & Sweden matches was meagre & mediocre at very best - & against Sweden, England were arguably missing Lampard rather dearly considering how average Cleverely was. Admittedly, he's had two exceptional games prior to that - but they were against Moldova & San Marino - nations that aren't exactly renowned for their footballing prowess. & last night, he really wasn't anything special from what I saw.

If you think Cleverely deserves a place in the team ahead of Milner, that's understandable & depending on the game I would imagine most England fans would agree. But the fact is that if you think he should be picked ahead of both Carrick & Lampard - you're fucking delusional. Maybe I'm biased since I love Lampard & think Cleverely is massively overrated & over-hyped - but even the most die-hard Manure fans wouldn't bother attempting to disagree with that.

I didn't say he doesn't have potential, but he is simply nowhere near Wilshere, Gerrard or Lampard in terms of ability at this moment in time. He may just improve rapidly & exponentially & may even achieve & possess something similar to the capabilities of that trio one day, but he's got a hell of a long way to go before that happens - & I highly doubt he's going to be ready to step up to that level in time for the World Cup next year.

In any case, if the rumours hold any inkling of truth, as most of us hope with all our hearts that they do - then you're just going to have to deal with Lamps at this club & in the England side until he is no longer the first class player that he always has been & still remains to this very day.

Classic media ploy, will only attract more hate once the situation is put to bed again

Once again lots of rumours that #CFC have offered Frank #Lamparda new contract. There have been no talks and no offer. Situation the same.

:lol: Ian McGarry is probably one of the last, if not THE LAST, person that should be trusted from the media.

Wasn't there a news earlier on Sky earlier stating that the club refuse to comment on this situation? If there is nothing new on this contract situation, then why didn't the club just state the truth?!