Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Finish in today's game was sumptious as usual. Very few other players would have been able to not only react but put it in the back of the net - & Frank did so with the kind of style & class that even the world's finest players would be envious of - & that is why he still belongs in that category regardless of all the nonsense that has been spewed in this thread trying to exaggerate the most remotely negative nitpicking things they can possibly conjure.

If England are going to have any chance of making the last major competition of their golden generation one to remember, Lamps is undoubtedly going to play a huge part in it - just as if our club are going to somehow cling on to a top 4 finish this season, he is going to be the catalyst for that.

So for fuck sake, show your colours & show some respect for the greatest player this club has & likely ever will be lucky enough to call their own - or if you are unable to swallow your self-righteous ego, then just shut the fuck up, because the ridiculous negativity & pessimism is equally as annoying as any exuberant praise the rest of us have given him - the only difference being that he has fully deserved the latter.

He scored a great goal today but i actually thought he was average, when he's on we play a lot deeper to accommodate him and that made us play like the old England.

If i was Roy Hodgson, Lampard would remain in my squad but he wouldn't be a starter, instead i will have a midfield of -

Gerrard
Cleverly - Wilshere

We could replace Lampard with Gerrard but i think Gerrard offers more in that role.

Lamps still the best player in England - as so so often. Haters gonna hate and if haters include the Chelsea board, be it, everyone can see Lamps still got it and is still one of our very best players. The board are making absolute clowns of themselves when they let him go. You build your team around your best players and a 4-3-3 is not only the best system for him but also for hazard, Oscar, Ramires and all our other midfielders including de Bruyne, Mceachran etc.. It simply makes no sense letting him go.

Btw once again on the pitch against his old adversary Ronaldinho. And once again Lamps emerges as the winner.

He scored a great goal today but i actually thought he was average, when he's on we play a lot deeper to accommodate him and that made us play like the old England.

If i was Roy Hodgson, Lampard would remain in my squad but he wouldn't be a starter, instead i will have a midfield of -

Gerrard

Cleverly - Wilshere

We could replace Lampard with Gerrard but i think Gerrard offers more in that role.

Did you actually watch the game mate? The reason England had to play deeper in the second half is because Brazil pressed the fuck out of them, Oscar & Neymar were up Cahill & Johnson's arses right up until the final whistle. That's how Brazil's goal was scored, because Cahill tried to bring it out under pressure when there was no space & that forced him to take a bad touch & make the mistake.

In fact the converse is true, Lampard dropped deeper to accomodate England's more-than-obvious inadequacies at the back & Gerrard did the same, to at least give them some kind of outlet because Smalling & Cahill's distribution was really quite poor at times. Brazil upped the ante in the second half & that is why England had to drop deep - I fail to see how that is down to Lampard whatsoever.

I'm not saying that he necessarily put in an amazing performance today, I think the only player on the field from both sides to even come close to doing so was Wilshere; & it was really only for about 60 minutes in reality. Neymar & Oscar did well, but they weren't overwhelmingly impressive by any means. But what do you expect, it's a friendly & it only became the kind of intense international atmosphere you would expect after 45 minutes. He only came on at half time & did add some solidarity in possession at least, & the fact is that he finished the opportunity he was presented - & it was an undeniably superb goal to beat one of the best keepers in the world in empthatic fashion.

How can you call yourself an England fan & not celebrate a win against Brazil at Wembley & give a player credit when he was what made the difference at the end of the day? I've always found some of the Lampard hate from certain England fans utterly perplexing to be honest.

& you must be smoking some seriously good shit to think that Cleverely deserves a place in the starting line up ahead of Lamps or even Milner. Pretty much invalidates everything you say once you make such an absurd claim...

Gerrard

Cleverly - Wilshere

Actualy it's cleverly/lampard. Lampard cannot play in gerard role.

I've gone through 8 different laptop screens, everytime I see your sig I punch my screen and break it. You owe me monies...

I had to lock my laptop away. Everytime Ron Gourlay is on the monitor, the laptop tries to fuck me. WHY? Because Ron Gourlay loves fucking Chelsea fans [over].

What a jerk.