Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I don't know about you guys, but even the sight of Frank returning to training has got me pumped!

I know he won't solve all of our problems, but he will solve the biggest one we've had for the past couple of weeks: leadership. Let's hope it has the same effect on the team!

Honeslty, it will be very interesting to see how he does when we play him CAM, we have lacked leadership so much, i can bet Lampard will sort out a lot of problems, especially in midfield.

Why exactly?, Lampard is a good squad player and vital in the dressing room for me, losing someone like Lampard just now would be a bigger loss than you think. He has a good mentallity, and I'm hoping he can help us out when he gets back.

And by the way we didn't refuse to give Drogba contract, infact Drogba refused it, because why would he turn down China when they can pay for all his foundations when Chelsea cannot do that?. Not to mention Drogba was going on about leaving earlier, look at his celebration against Villa when he scored his 150th goal. Besides for me he's left the greatest legacy ever in football, "his last kick of the ball is what won Chelsea there first Champions League ever", i don't think there will be a better legacy yet.

So your saying paying over £120,000 a week for someone who is no where near his prime and and really should be only used as a squad player is a good idea? Because I highly doubt he is going to take a pay cut. I would love to be told he has, but even then that is not enough to just give him 2 more years and keep him until his 36/37.

By the way, Drogba made it perfectly clear that he wanted to stay, but only if it was for two years.

So your saying paying over £120,000 a week for someone who is no where near his prime and and really should be only used as a squad player is a good idea? Because I highly doubt he is going to take a pay cut. I would love to be told he has, but even then that is not enough to just give him 2 more years and keep him until his 36/37

I think so, does it occur to you that our club is owned by a billionaire?, finances haven't bothered me since the Champions League and i doubt they will do for a while, when you look at the wages some of the other clubs are dishing out.

And you're looking at squad player to negative, squads win games, Lampard will prove vital, Lampard and Terry being injured at the same time really cost the team in my opinion, put is in a real rough patch. He's without a doubt past his prime but still a good leader, leadership and intelligent players is what we seriously lack, no one in our midfield or defence is even close to intelligent when Lampard and Terry are not involved.

I think so, does it occur to you that our club is owned by a billionaire?, finances haven't bothered me since the Champions League and i doubt they will do for a while, when you look at the wages some of the other clubs are dishing out.

And you're looking at squad player to negative, squads win games, Lampard will prove vital, Lampard and Terry being injured at the same time really cost the team in my opinion, put is in a real rough patch. He's without a doubt past his prime but still a good leader, leadership and intelligent players is what we seriously lack, no one in our midfield or defence is even close to intelligent when Lampard and Terry are not involved.

Of course its bad financially. Considering we will lose a lot of revenue now that we are knocked out of the Cl and have the new financial rules to contend with (as well as needing to again change our wage structure since we are paying god knows how much money to Torres and Hazard), paying someone (and I don't care if it was Zidane coming out of retirement) who is 34 and is clearly on the decline is flipping ridiculous.

And the "leadership" card is being played again likes the fucking goddamn key to enlightenment. I'm sorry but that's NOT is not good enough to continue paying massive, massive wages to a player who is 34, much more injury prone and is not even the half the player he once was. Face it, Chelsea have bottle it to stop a few fanatics bawling like a baby.

Of course its bad financially. Considering we will lose a lot of revenue now that we are knocked out of the Cl and have the new financial rules to contend with (as well as needing to again change our wage structure since we are paying god knows how much money to Torres and Hazard), paying someone (and I don't care if it was Zidane coming out of retirement) who is 34 and is clearly on the decline is flipping ridiculous.

And the "leadership" card is being played again likes the fucking goddamn key to enlightenment. I'm sorry but that's NOT is not good enough to continue paying massive, massive wages to a player who is 34, much more injury prone and is not even the half the player he once was. Face it, Chelsea have bottle it to stop a few fanatics bawling like a baby.

Whatever floats your boat then, but i don't know what you were watching the past month.

Whatever floats your boat then, but i don't know what you were watching the past month.

Then again I seem to remember as soon as RDM dropped him we looked much more in control of the games for a couple of months and got some important victories away to Arsenal and Spurs without him.

He can score the winner today and I will still be far from convinced that he should be a first team regular again and will make us PL title contenders again this season, so year the club have bottle it. Are fans every going to try and imagine a team without him (it will have to happen eventually unless the club plan to keep him until he is 50) our our we going to have this bad mentality that we will never achieve anything after he has left, because then we are fucked judging by some of things fan say.

If Lampard got a new 2 year deal I honestly expect Ashley Cole to get the same or longer. Cole's younger and still the best LB around. Great to have Lamps back, maybe he might get some minutes vs Sunderland.. I don't expect him to start tbh, think the team that played vs Nordsjaelland will play.

Honeslty, it will be very interesting to see how he does when we play him CAM, we have lacked leadership so much, i can bet Lampard will sort out a lot of problems, especially in midfield.

That's what I'm hoping for mate, because we all know Frank isn't the best (to say the least) as a DM. I would imagine he will be deployed as CAM though, as Rafa has made it pretty clear that Mazcar are overused; and he can hardly play as one of the wide AMs, tracking full-backs all day.

I feel his mere presence on the pitch really shouldn't be underestimated.

That's what I'm hoping for mate, because we all know Frank isn't the best (to say the least) as a DM. I would imagine he will be deployed as CAM though, as Rafa has made it pretty clear that Mazcar are overused; and he can hardly play as one of the wide AMs, tracking full-backs all day.

I feel his mere presence on the pitch really shouldn't be underestimated.

Exactly, instead of playing Ramires or Bertrand on the wing, Lampard coming back to help out in midfield just like he used to will benefit us much more. Then we can play Hazard on the wing with his acceleration then have our playmaker out of Mata/Oscar, but we have so many options to rotate with Marin and Moses so we might just be able to look forward to something hopefully.

So we should just sell him because he's declined as a player? Forgetting that he can still be a great squad player and forgetting that he's one of the few experienced heads left at this club? Forgetting that he's one of Chelsea's best ever players?

Giggs and Scholes aren't anywhere near the players they used to be but I guess because they're old and are wasting the wage budget they should be moved on as well right?

So we should just sell him because he's declined as a player? Forgetting that he can still be a great squad player and forgetting that he's one of the few experienced heads left at this club? Forgetting that he's one of Chelsea's best ever players?

Giggs and Scholes aren't anywhere near the players they used to be but I guess because they're old and are wasting the wage budget they should be moved on as well right?

Are they on wages of over £100,000? In fact some argue that United have suffered the last couple of years for being a bit too reliant on them (i.e asking Scholes to come out of retirement)