Chelsea Vs Olympiakos

BlueLion.

HT

they come very close with a header just wide, i think drogba needs some more supports i think we should bring anelka on and play with 2 up front in the middle..

but yes i think we can get the win..

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best of matches so far they have probably had the slighly better chances. Drogba seems very frustrated at the moment. Most of the play is coming through Malouda.

On another note how the hell was Materazzi sent off? Torres dived on at least one if not both the occasions!

Liverpool just scored... again :thumbsdown:

tossers. dodgey spanish wanker torres dives for someone to get sent off and they go and nick it late on.... all we will read about for a week now is "the magic of anfield on a european night" blah blah blah blah... my arse you cheating scouse tossers

Dull, terrible, dire, just three of the words that could sum up this match. Nobody played well, all it would have taken is for one player such as Ballack to stand up and start playing a bit of football. If we would have taken the game to them the tie would have been over. This must have been the worst knock out round champions league game ever?? Anelka was only plus when he came on, Kalou's touches were awful no control at all. Missed opportunity, if they score at the bridge I will be crapping myself lol might be like against Porto who are a much better team.

Terrible.

We went there to draw obviously. So much for Avram Grant's attacking football. You can stick yer attacking football up ya arse! We really should have been going for at least an away goal, to come away with a 0-0 makes the whole game completely and utterly pointless.

I feel really fucking sorry for everyone who made the huge effort to travel over there in their horrific weather. The club should refund every single one of you for having to endure that torrid display.

Terrible.

We went there to draw obviously. So much for Avram Grant's attacking football. You can stick yer attacking football up ya arse! We really should have been going for at least an away goal, to come away with a 0-0 makes the whole game completely and utterly pointless.

I feel really fucking sorry for everyone who made the huge effort to travel over there in their horrific weather. The club should refund every single one of you for having to endure that torrid display.

Glad you've finally figured out what a load of crap that is.

The Times says Grant has actually hired an image consultant for himself.

Needs one after that game to bridge the reality gap between the crap he spouts and what happens on the pitch.

We should beat them at the Bridge though, pity about tubby getting out of jail with that win against Inter, lets hope Inter can bounce back in three weeks times.

Somehow though I doubt it sadly.

We should win at the bridge,made it harder for ourselves not getting an away goal.

Scum defo all gana be hearing about 'oooo they're wonderful oo ooo' erm they played against 10 men side,the ref was bloody harsh.

Only amusing thing about the match were the random clips ITV4 shoved in at random points lol the one with people sorry hugging haha wtf was that about?

Lol I think that was Greek TV -'showing the emotional side' funny though.

Well I thought Kalou was going to give us that needed away goal at the death, but not to be. For our domination we should be coming away with a lead, and I'm not sure changing all 11 was a good idea tbh.

The result is a good one but the game was not! Olympiakos have an excellant record at home in the CL this season and it was clear why, they know how to snuff a game out. We lacked the personel to open the game up, slow approaches and not enough thrust in the team.

We came alive somewhat with the inclusion of Anelka and Kalou and showed up exactly what the problem was, playing cole AND Malouda just doesn't give us the attacking impetus we need. Anelka and Kalou are always happy to run at the defenders and commit them and open up gaps for other players.

For me this just highlighted what i have been saying for a long time now that our squad and team balance is not right, we need one of the midfield 3 to be creative and inventive and we need our wingers to be more direct and inventive.

The result is a good one but the game was not! Olympiakos have an excellant record at home in the CL this season and it was clear why, they know how to snuff a game out. We lacked the personel to open the game up, slow approaches and not enough thrust in the team.

We came alive somewhat with the inclusion of Anelka and Kalou and showed up exactly what the problem was, playing cole AND Malouda just doesn't give us the attacking impetus we need. Anelka and Kalou are always happy to run at the defenders and commit them and open up gaps for other players.

For me this just highlighted what i have been saying for a long time now that our squad and team balance is not right, we need one of the midfield 3 to be creative and inventive and we need our wingers to be more direct and inventive.

We were Ok on the left, but Cole and Belletti weren't reading from the same hymn sheet' as they say.

Should be OK for the return leg - but they only need a score draw to knock us out -and they've been better on the road than they have in Athens :o