Chelsea Vs Olympiakos

BlueLion.

981.png
Olympiakos Vs Chelsea

The Champions League returns with unbeaten Chelsea F.C. facing Olympiacos in the first knockout round.

Following a poor run of form that has seen them surrender their grip on the Carling Cup and fall further behind Arsenal in the race for the Premier League, Chelsea will be desperate to defeat Olympiakos to progress in this season's Champions League.

The two teams fought out a dull affair in Athens which ended 0-0, though with Chelsea's recently-found inability to win crunch matches, the players and fans alike will be hoping for a morale-boosting victory to send them to the last eight.

Match chat here!blue%20scalf.gif
Edited by BlueLion

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah lowest rank teams always never what they're meant to be lol.

Think we can win this one though,got a team selection problem now finally and with luck Grant will get it right.We get away goals,dont concede and make the home leg a lot easier go into the next round and prob get sodding Barcalona lol.

Erm erm erm erm erm erm I'd say 2-0 us.Drogba and Analka and with luck that will be a killer partnership

Is it just me or are you all struggling to choose a team for this match? I don't envy Avram one bit on this! I think we must play our strongest possible lineup for both this and at Wembley. I'm thinking 4-3-3 here and then 4-4-2 at Wembley?

Is it just me or are you all struggling to choose a team for this match? I don't envy Avram one bit on this! I think we must play our strongest possible lineup for both this and at Wembley. I'm thinking 4-3-3 here and then 4-4-2 at Wembley?

I think you're spot on. But I'd rather have to choose between Kalou, Drogba, Anelka and Shevchenko to play up front rather than Anelka and Pizarro as we have had to rely on in the last month or so.

For Olympiacos I'd go 4-3-3 with... Cech; Belletti, Terry, Carvalho, A Cole; Essien, Ballack, Lampard; J Cole, Drogba, Anelka

Bench (assuming 7): Cudicini, Alex, Bridge, Mikel, Makelele, Shevchenko, Kalou

For Tottenham I'd go 4-4-2 with... Cech; Belletti, Terry, Carvalho, A Cole; Lampard, Ballack, Wright-Phillips, J Cole, Drogba, Shevchenko

Bench (assuming 5): Cudicini, Alex, Bridge, Essien, Anelka

Harsh on Mikel, Malouda and Wright-Phillips mind.

Benches assuming we have 7: Cudicini, Alex, Bridge, Mikel,

Edited by PaulHopkins

Playing in Greece is always difficult, their not to bad football+the ecstatic atmosphere that their quite fanatic fans create never makes it an easy place to play for any team..

If we can get a win there it would be great.. but I think probably a draw would do to

& another 3-0 at the Bridge will put the sweet seal on this stage of the CL.

Edited by Cracker

This will be very very interesting, if for no other reason than to see what team and formation we go with. Having a fully fit squad for the first time is going to be a great thing and now we need to see what we can do with that squad.

I think most people would like to see Anelka and Drogba tried together in some way and i think that is very likely.

The club ought to be fucking grateful to the fans out there due to the snow and athens airport being shut most fans who went today were diverted to another airport and have a 6 hour train ride to get to athens, people also flying to milan hoping to get the flights from there as everything tomorrow is booked. Im flying at 6.00 in the morning hopefully most of the snow should of cleared by then