Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvin123

Closed Cesar Azpilicueta

Started by Marvin123,

972 posts in this topic

Chelsea have also begun talks with Marseille over £16m-rated full back Cesar Azpilicueta, 22.

Villas-Boas has made a new right back one of his top priorities and could complete a deal in the January window.

Same report in the mirror and daily mail!

I signed him for Chelsea on fifa :lol:

On a more serious note i have liked what all be it little i have seen of him and his arrival will reduce the chances of us having to see that Bosingwa at the right back and Ivan in the centre dreaded combination.

I signed him for Chelsea on fifa :lol:

On a more serious note i have liked what all be it little i have seen of him and his arrival will reduce the chances of us having to see that Bosingwa at the right back and Ivan in the centre dreaded combination.

I think Ivan should be considered a right back with the ability to play in the centre. He's just so much better on the right.

Marvin123 likes this

I think Ivan should be considered a right back with the ability to play in the centre. He's just so much better on the right.

Agreed.

So many times in recent season's injuries have forced Ivan to play in the centre which means Bosingwa at right back, his arrival should it happen will significantly reduce the odds on that happening again.

s

If I remember correctly in ancelottis first year he played RB all season and was RB in premiership team of the season?

Signed him in FM.. if it's any indication, but he has 20 long throw skill there :D And he can't be worse than Bosingwa, surely

I asked a friend who is a marseille fan and he said: he can cross has great view for a defender and his positioning is top class!

Despite having an interest in Ligue Un I've seen very little of OM and of this young man.... hopefully Peace. or SeB can enlighten us.

He doesn't play that much with Marseille. Not because he is poor or average, but because he doesn't fit Deschamps' vision. I.e. he is an attacking-minded right back, and the coach wants a big fat right back who only does clearance. However, that doesn't mean he is poor at defending. And don't be worry, he might be attacking-minded player, but unlike Bosingwa he has the qualities to be attacking-minded lol. And it wouldn't be hard to get him, since I think it woul be good for both parties (the players and the club).

Tomo and HeadHunter like this

Okay, so let me get this straight ... we could potentially be offering £16m for a player I don't even know much about??

Okay, so let me get this straight ... we could potentially be offering £16m for a player I don't even know much about??

If you played FM you would've :D