Shevchenko

He got totally slated on the radio by the commentators.He was totally ineffective and way off the pace. It cant be down to fitness as he's played the last 2 internationals for Ukraine.FFS just bite the bullet and sell him in January and get someone in who will score us some goals. I hate to admit it, but Sheva must be sold asap

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shevchenko had one of his less productive days. By that I mean he didn't manage a single shot. However, that was down to the formation. The staff cocked up today by playing a 4-3-3. Derby used a 4-5-1 and totally bogged down our midfield so the only way that we could get any service to Sheva was through Kalou and Shaun Wright-Phillips, and the pair of them were quiet until the last half an hour in terms of providing crosses from the wings, although both were effective when they cut inside.

In my opinion Sheva looked tired and disinterested today. Apart from the tackle that led to Shauns goal he didn't get very involved. This is the first time I have had a pop at him as I was one of the ones that wanted him so badly to become a Chelsea player, But I am starting to think that the people who said he will not make it in the Premier League may unfortunately be right.

Shevchenko needs time? how long? damn, we might be here a while :tiphat: .Play him with drogs up front for like 10 games in a row, he wont get a chance if he's playing like 20 mins here and there, or one full match in a month. He was non-existant today, but i'm not sure it was his fault, we were just playing it around at the back, sideways and back again for the best part of 70 mins

People seem to forget that this man was once the best striker in Europe. You don't get shit overnight, but your confidence can be non-existant when you're not playing. If we are going to play Shevchenko, he needs a player to feed off. We need to play him and Pizarro together IMO. Pizarro is a clever striker, he gets himself in good positions.

We need to play him and Pizarro together IMO. Pizarro is a clever striker, he gets himself in good positions.
i totally agree with you i think they would play really well togeather and make a good partnership but what abouts drogs that would be the only issue something that would be good when the african cup is on.. Edited by STEV3O

Drogba is a different type of footballer to Pizarro. Pizarro is in the Latin American striker mould, a lot like Crespo. He is a true goal poacher, and it is that type of partner that Shevchenko benefits from. We only have to look at his record with Inzaghi and later Crespo to understand what a great end product he can give when playing with a fellow forward that he can feed off.

Drogba is a different type of footballer to Pizarro. Pizarro is in the Latin American striker mould, a lot like Crespo. He is a true goal poacher, and it is that type of partner that Shevchenko benefits from. We only have to look at his record with Inzaghi and later Crespo to understand what a great end product he can give when playing with a fellow forward that he can feed off.
Well if he cant benefit from playing with someone who is reguarded as the best striker in Europe then what hope do we have of him working with someone else?

I'd find that pretty hard to disagree with Blue Lion. I would love Sheva to find some of what we know he has. As you said in a previous post, He is class and you don't lose them skills overnight. But Im afraid peoples patience are running thin.

It's hard to make an evaluation from the highlights but from what I saw, yesterday once again Sheva wasn't getting anything from the rest of the team. One example is just before SWPs goal, look at him calling for it when Lamps has the ball, Frank went on and shot.

One example is just before SWPs goal, look at him calling for it when Lamps has the ball, Frank went on and shot.
yea true again he is always in the right positions for the play and to most likely score but he never gets the opportunity cos most the team don't look out for him even when he is in key positions.

we can't wait forever for him to find his goalscoring boots back.. we need someone who we can rely on to actually make an impact on the match.. how long have we been waiting for Sheva to get a good goalscoring run going.. he can't make an impact in the Prem.. waste of 30 million.. bring in someone in January who can actually SCORE in the Prem.

Poor Sheva didn't get a chance to show what he can do on Saturday. No service to him whatsoever.
Sheva's movement has always been pretty good for us. His finishing has not been so good.I fear that he will never recover now, i hope he does, but only by getting games will that happen and playing our system with Drogba fit it just won't happen