Shevchenko

Whenever Grant was brought in he was said to be going to be a massive influence on getting Sheva back to his best. Now that he is manager, Grant has carried on where Jose left off reguarding Sheva. I would have thought he'd have got more games, even as a sub, but for some reason that hasnt happened.He played the full 90 minutes for Ukraine on Saturday, so he's obviously fit and able to play.With that in mind, what do you think of the current Sevchenko situation ???

Edited by Tri-Blue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant hasn't carried on where Jose left off with Shevchenko. Jose was always trying to accommodate Andriy into the side somehow, yet Grant has hardly played him at all, he's been treated as a back-up. That clearly puts to bed the idea that Roman brought Grant in to try and get Sheva playing well again, because he has hardly played at all.Personally, I think this is fine for now. Soon we will need him during the African Nations and perhaps before, so he will have a good shot at proving himself.

Grant hasn't carried on where Jose left off with Shevchenko. Jose was always trying to accommodate Andriy into the side somehow, yet Grant has hardly played him at all, he's been treated as a back-up. That clearly puts to bed the idea that Roman brought Grant in to try and get Sheva playing well again, because he has hardly played at all.Personally, I think this is fine for now. Soon we will need him during the African Nations and perhaps before, so he will have a good shot at proving himself.
Don't you think he will be out of form if he doesn't play that long?

I reckon Sheva will be offski in January if the right offer comes in for him, One that appeals to him personally. At his age he'll be wanting to play as often as is possible, he's nothing more than bit part with us. I have nothing against the guy but he should have refused Roman's advances, He was a hero at Milan yet, apart from the occasional goal, done very little with us. Lets face it, having Crespo back would have been a far bigger impact than Sheva. I know Crespo didnt want to come back but his overall contribution to the squad was far greater than Shev'a. In short, Roman should have stopped trying to be a smart arse and leave Sheva well alone.Oh, And Grants still a cunt :whistling:

In view of what we have heard about the extra training Sheva is getting i would think that they are waiting until he is fully ready before bringing him back into the team. I would give him a go now and see what the difference is and then asses it again.

In view of what we have heard about the extra training Sheva is getting i would think that they are waiting until he is fully ready before bringing him back into the team. I would give him a go now and see what the difference is and then asses it again.
Well scoring a few goals against Derby won't impress no one.

Well scoring a few goals against Derby won't impress no one.
If he takes his goals well, it shows he is a good player. Not the maestro that we thought we had bought, but if he can come straight back into a team having been out of sorts for a while and grab a few goals against Premiership opposition, it shows he has got some confidence in his ability and is ready to fight for his place. That means an awful lot. That would give me confidence, because I'd know we have another option.

Hilets hope he plays against derby , as if there are easy games , this is one of them , we paid a lot of money for him and no matter what he wasnt doing it , his touch , his movement , his shooting , all way off .but i do like him because he is /was world class & you do not become bad that quick , remember drogba going through the same in the first year well this is last chance saloon for him i hope he takes it :whistling:

I think that Sheva is ready to play his best for CFC and we need just to give him chanse, but we are going really well with 4-3-2-1 formation right now so we don't need to change and he will need to wait a liite bit more(but he can still be a DD sub)and...... He will show his best when DD go to Africa

i dont see how his confidence can rise if he is not getting game time, start playing him and i really think he will come throught for us and i do think he is addapting to english football not as fast as we would of all liked but its gettin there and hes impressing me more and more with every game because he trys so hard but is just not getting that lucky opportunity to score

Another problem Sheva is facing is that he is not suited to the 4-3-3 formation really. He needs to get a few games and a few sub appearances would be a good start, but you would think he would get a run out against Derby..
well,after the first half today with Derby,one of the commentators said:"Wow,i forgot Shevchenko even played today!"he touched the ball just a couple of times.Too bad.Hopefully in the second half he'll do better.