Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Is Neves realy that good? I hear porto is quite mediocre this days and Neves is not even playing. 

I remember he had great games against us, but that doesnt warrant he will be massive player. IMO if he was realy good, he would play regulary, no?

2 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

So Porto already accounted 116m€ from players' sales this season. oO Anyone interested in particular Porto player ? I feel we could do with Brahimi and especially Ruben Neves.

André Silva seem like a good player aswell 

By the look of the last few games we have 15 players that can play in the new system and that's the starting lineup vs United plus Willian, Nate, Begovic and Bats the rest for various reasons simply don't fit in. So January Isn't even about getting world class players or even instant first Xl improve in, its about signing more depth for the new system especially at wingback.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

By the look of the last few games we have 15 players that can play in the new system and that's the starting lineup vs United plus Willian, Nate, Begovic and Bats the rest for various reasons simply don't fit in. So January Isn't even about getting world class players or even instant first Xl improve in, its about signing more depth for the new system especially at wingback.

That said if we will insist on 3:4:3

While I think 3 man defenses today are outdated (Conte didnt get far with juve in CL, Guardiola experimented in bayern and city with no effect etc), BUT we play much much better with that formation. 

I definately look forward to see more of it, but I still have few questions. Will it work once opponents get prepared well? Did we establish it because its Conte's best formation or just best formation for current players? 

Alot will depend on formation we play. We cant go in january and summer buying players for 3:4:3, and then switch to 4:x:x next season because things wont work.

Also, assuming we do play 3:4:3, few years pass, Conte decides to leave for whatever reason and next manager is your typical 4:x:x and all he has are players for 3:4:3... (ok thats long term and if we are successful under Conte, it wont be a problem).

Im probably complicating alittle bit, but if we go 3:4:3, we go heavy for it. If we switch at some point soon, we will basicaly waiste few years.

Personaly I like 3:4:3 alot, but needs to pass more games to create valid opinion. Im not sure if I like the system because what it is, or because how much of improvement it is over 4:1:4:1 we played before. Certainly we play much nicer football, we look well on both ends, with or without the ball and if we bring 2 or 3 more players, I think it could be it. 

Also, it could be the formation, but soon as we replaced Iva and Oscar with Alonso and Moses, we instantly performed much much better. I dont think its coincidence. That gives another possibility that formation wasnt changed to 3:4:3 because it was better, but simply because it fits different players who are better than those that can play in 4:1:4:1. And perhaps with few better new players that fit well in 4:3:3; we could play even better than we do in 3:4:3.

Now if we could get same 11 be able to play 3:4:3 and 4:3:3, equaly well, that would be amazing, but I dont think football can work that way. If it would we would probably revolutionize football world.

On 29/10/2016 at 4:13 AM, BlueLyon said:

That said if we will insist on 3:4:3

While I think 3 man defenses today are outdated (Conte didnt get far with juve in CL, Guardiola experimented in bayern and city with no effect etc), BUT we play much much better with that formation. 

I definately look forward to see more of it, but I still have few questions. Will it work once opponents get prepared well? Did we establish it because its Conte's best formation or just best formation for current players? 

Alot will depend on formation we play. We cant go in january and summer buying players for 3:4:3, and then switch to 4:x:x next season because things wont work.

Also, assuming we do play 3:4:3, few years pass, Conte decides to leave for whatever reason and next manager is your typical 4:x:x and all he has are players for 3:4:3... (ok thats long term and if we are successful under Conte, it wont be a problem).

Im probably complicating alittle bit, but if we go 3:4:3, we go heavy for it. If we switch at some point soon, we will basicaly waiste few years.

Personaly I like 3:4:3 alot, but needs to pass more games to create valid opinion. Im not sure if I like the system because what it is, or because how much of improvement it is over 4:1:4:1 we played before. Certainly we play much nicer football, we look well on both ends, with or without the ball and if we bring 2 or 3 more players, I think it could be it. 

Also, it could be the formation, but soon as we replaced Iva and Oscar with Alonso and Moses, we instantly performed much much better. I dont think its coincidence. That gives another possibility that formation wasnt changed to 3:4:3 because it was better, but simply because it fits different players who are better than those that can play in 4:1:4:1. And perhaps with few better new players that fit well in 4:3:3; we could play even better than we do in 3:4:3.

Now if we could get same 11 be able to play 3:4:3 and 4:3:3, equaly well, that would be amazing, but I dont think football can work that way. If it would we would probably revolutionize football world.

Antonio has only had two stabs at CL so bit early to judge on how well his system is in that competition, after all no one was beating the Bayern side that knocked him out and even in the group stage elimination they had one game were they outplayed Real and were unlucky to not win.

The thing the wingback system gives is it can be as good as having two extra players on the pitch when implemented right, ajd it can he very hard to create against it.

based on our tactics now...

Pedro => Griezmann/Carrasco (proven goalscorer)

Matic => Veratti (dream signing)

Alonso => Kurzawa (this guy is really fast) or we can hijack Shaw???

as a Center Back, if Zouma and Christensen will improve and deserve in the first team than no need a new CB...

Sell :

Mikel, Oscar, Cesc, Pedro, Ivanovic to give some room for Youth....

8 hours ago, blu35_army said:

based on our tactics now...

Pedro => Griezmann/Carrasco (proven goalscorer)

Matic => Veratti (dream signing)

Alonso => Kurzawa (this guy is really fast) or we can hijack Shaw???

as a Center Back, if Zouma and Christensen will improve and deserve in the first team than no need a new CB...

Sell :

Mikel, Cesc, Pedro, Ivanovic to give some room for Youth....

I think buying from A. Madrid is too tough. 

PSG might be easier even though they have money. But players are getting tired of that league, so hence a bit much easier then Atletico. 

We can also go back to getting players from Serie A that are not Juventus. Dealing with Juventus is also hard because just like A. Madrid they are in a good situation. 

Napoli, Roma and such we should see if they are now willing to sell. 

I have been thinking about our team recently. The current formation together with Conte's micro-managing and passion has improved many performances. I saw warning signs in the early games of the season, where we worked hard but did not appear very coherent and stable, something I think we have improved upon immensely since getting destroyed by Arsenal. 

The formation has plugged some of the holes in the ship, but there is still room for improvement. I think the weak links currently in the setup we have are Cahill and Pedro. Neither players are terrible per se, but they are far from top class in my opinion. I also have some concerns regarding Moses and Matic, even though both have stepped up a lot in the last four games. I think for the latter two the jury is still out, but I just dont think Cahill and Pedro have the required skills to perform in our current setup. 

Since we are not playing in CL this year, I wonder of January might be a bit more busy than before. Regardless of whether it is this January or next summer, I am curious whether the club feel that it can justify another CB purchase. I do not see Ivanovic staying after this season, and Terry will most likely either retire or move. While we all love Christensen and Zouma, there are no guarantees Conte will find both/one of them good enough. I would personally love to see a summer purchase of Van Dijk, I think it would be difficult to find a better player for the CB position. 

I would also love to finally see us buy a truly class right winger. We have been stuck with players who do not perform there for what feels like an eternity. Willian/Pedro are just never going to be good enough to consistently threaten on that flank, and it is unfair on Hazard to carry the brunt each time. I honestly do not know who would be a good transfer here though, any thought?

Also, please sell Oscar.

3 minutes ago, Rekin said:

I have been thinking about our team recently. The current formation together with Conte's micro-managing and passion has improved many performances. I saw warning signs in the early games of the season, where we worked hard but did not appear very coherent and stable, something I think we have improved upon immensely since getting destroyed by Arsenal. 

The formation has plugged some of the holes in the ship, but there is still room for improvement. I think the weak links currently in the setup we have are Cahill and Pedro. Neither players are terrible per se, but they are far from top class in my opinion. I also have some concerns regarding Moses and Matic, even though both have stepped up a lot in the last four games. I think for the latter two the jury is still out, but I just dont think Cahill and Pedro have the required skills to perform in our current setup. 

Since we are not playing in CL this year, I wonder of January might be a bit more busy than before. Regardless of whether it is this January or next summer, I am curious whether the club feel that it can justify another CB purchase. I do not see Ivanovic staying after this season, and Terry will most likely either retire or move. While we all love Christensen and Zouma, there are no guarantees Conte will find both/one of them good enough. I would personally love to see a summer purchase of Van Dijk, I think it would be difficult to find a better player for the CB position. 

I would also love to finally see us buy a truly class right winger. We have been stuck with players who do not perform there for what feels like an eternity. Willian/Pedro are just never going to be good enough to consistently threaten on that flank, and it is unfair on Hazard to carry the brunt each time. I honestly do not know who would be a good transfer here though, any thought?

Also, please sell Oscar.

I would love for us to buy Draxler 

22 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Also, please sell Oscar.

In defense we are ok with christensen and zouma, of course if we will take: jimenez,varane or similar would be great! but we are ok
Midfield: we need a creative player:: verratti would be amazing or alcantara or like them
attack: i would love to see Dybala! but would be fantastic also griezzman 
I think we have to sell a lot! a lot a loans ( maybe 10-12) plus a players in the team, who can use to get money or like switch for our goals market

1 hour ago, Rekin said:

Also, please sell Oscar.

Griezmann 

Dybala 

Dimaria 

Aubumeyang 

James Rodriguez 

I agree with you that we need another goalscorer. I would hate to see that our current setup could be easily countered if the only two goalscorers we have are shut. We need one more goalscoring, (preferably left-footed) to put us as a very dangerous threat, and among Europe's strongest attack. 

Don't expect us to buy a left or right winger under Conte as I fully suspect him to move to his 3-5-2 formation ala Juve. So don't suspect Mahrez or Lazio's Felipe Anderson who we were linked with a few weeks back. 

We need a new CB. Even though Luiz, Cahill and even Dave as CB are doing fine we still need a new one. Would love to see us go for a big guy like Van Dijk. A no nonsense defender. 

As for the midfield...I don't know know. Matic is doing fine and you also have Chalobah who has potential. In a 3-5-2, Eden can play as offensive midfielder like he does in the Belgian team and what he likes to do as I believe he recently said he preferred the #10 position over the leftwing position. 

As for strikers, Tammy is just a prospect and Michy is still unproven in the PL but has the potential. I would love it for Michy to become a better version of Lukaku, even though Lukaku is great, but that really depends on how quick he adapts and how good he truly is. 

Wingbacks for the 3-5-2...Moses as RWB is good...even though the guy isn't from origin and Alonso is doing fine as well but more competition on those spots would be good to get those spots covered enough. 

Still plenty of work for Roman, Conte, Marina and Buckenalo. 

With this 3-4-3 we really could not know which players we will need. Only thing for sure is that we need one central defender and right winger, anything else depends on formation.

If we plan to stick with 3-4-3 we need wing-backs. Not just back-ups, you can't rely on Alonso/Moses for good, at least not both of them.

Matić and Kante are doing too good together to replace some of them.