Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Conte so far clearing out Emenalo's questionable buys like Baba, Papy, soon Miazga and Hector on loans. To quote this from a blog called Pride of London, a nice summary of Emenalo the leader and legend... "

Emenalo became Technical Director of the club in 2011. Here are some stats (via transfermarkt.com). Since 2011 Chelsea have been involved in 186 player transactions (either sales or loans). Of those players only 20 ended up staying with the club and during that time Chelsea have spent the not-so-small sum of £568.65 million.

Just so we’re clear that is a hit rate of 9.3%. That’s right, less than one in every ten players that Emenalo has brought to the club has ended up staying to be a helpful contributor.

4 hours ago, Blue Gino said:

Conte so far clearing out Emenalo's questionable buys like Baba, Papy, soon Miazga and Hector on loans. To quote this from a blog called Pride of London, a nice summary of Emenalo the leader and legend... "

Emenalo became Technical Director of the club in 2011. Here are some stats (via transfermarkt.com). Since 2011 Chelsea have been involved in 186 player transactions (either sales or loans). Of those players only 20 ended up staying with the club and during that time Chelsea have spent the not-so-small sum of £568.65 million.

Just so we’re clear that is a hit rate of 9.3%. That’s right, less than one in every ten players that Emenalo has brought to the club has ended up staying to be a helpful contributor.

What about KDB,Kante,Hazard,Lukaku,Courtois etc all these players have been bought from Emenalo and are all great players there could have been more if Mourinho had a brain.

9 hours ago, Blue Gino said:

That figure is inaccurate as it looks like it includes the Torres and Luiz transfer deals in them. Emenalo became TD in the summer, not the winter. Poor, poor article with clear bias. 

Isco. Marquinhos. Ricardo Rodriguez. 

3 signings that would take us to the next level. 

Starting 11:

Hazard - Costa - Isco

Fabregas - Matic - Kante

Rodriguez - Marquinhos - Zouma - Azpilicueta

Courtois

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Isco. Marquinhos. Ricardo Rodriguez. 

3 signings that would take us to the next level. 

Starting 11:

Hazard - Costa - Isco

Fabregas - Matic - Kante

Rodriguez - Marquinhos - Zouma - Azpilicueta

Courtois

I like Marquinhos, and I think he could be a good value transfer.  The only thing that concerns me is his height.  I'm not sure he's big enough for the Prem.

9 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I like Marquinhos, and I think he could be a good value transfer.  The only thing that concerns me is his height.  I'm not sure he's big enough for the Prem.

Exact same height as Ricky Carvalho :)

It is unbelievable that we still haven't signed a new defender yet.

I was laughing at Arsenal fans some weeks ago for them not signing a new striker, but now I feel the same way as them. 

We're going for the 10th place again. 

16 hours ago, Sh0n3x said:

I'm really happy with the buys of Batshuayi and Kante. Both are the kind of players we needed and both play in positions we needed to reinforce, and both are below 26. 
I've also been impressed with Batshuayi play during pre season. He really plays nice football and seems a very complete player and a good lad.

With Costa, Batshuayi and Remy our CF position is secure.
With Cuadrado, Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Traore, Pedro and Kennedy our wings and attacking midfield is secure too.
With Fabreas, Mikel, Matic, Kante and Loftus-Cheek our midfield is alright also.

Only thing that worries me is the defense. We don't have a real left back. We only have one right back. Our wing play has been absolutely awful since...oh well I guess since first Jose Mourinho era and maybe 2009/10. It's a stupid limitation we put on ourselves and I've been getting angry with the club almost every bloody game. I really really hope we bring more defenders.

You missed Moses and hes really impressed me both this preseason and last year. Him and Cuadrado offer us great alternatives to Eden/Willian and I might even give the RW to Cuadrado iver Willian. Hes much more direct and loves running straight at defenders putting them off balance. Hes re joined us a different player. Juve has been great for him. I just hope we now dont sell him on!

Ooops how do I always mix up those two countries. Nevertheless, about time for Finland to produce another proper football player after Litmanen.

He was a promising prospect at Schalke, but it went down hill after he left (was at Celtic for a bit). Trying to rebuild his career now at 26.

On 8/6/2016 at 3:58 PM, Sh0n3x said:

I'm really happy with the buys of Batshuayi and Kante. Both are the kind of players we needed and both play in positions we needed to reinforce, and both are below 26. 
I've also been impressed with Batshuayi play during pre season. He really plays nice football and seems a very complete player and a good lad.

With Costa, Batshuayi and Remy our CF position is secure.
With Cuadrado, Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Traore, Pedro and Kennedy our wings and attacking midfield is secure too.
With Fabreas, Mikel, Matic, Kante and Loftus-Cheek our midfield is alright also.

Only thing that worries me is the defense. We don't have a real left back. We only have one right back. Our wing play has been absolutely awful since...oh well I guess since first Jose Mourinho era and maybe 2009/10. It's a stupid limitation we put on ourselves and I've been getting angry with the club almost every bloody game. I really really hope we bring more defenders.

I would agree but the centre midfield isn't enough for our supposed ambitions unless Kante can clone himself and include it in his contract.