Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

You just have to wonder what the hell are we doing.
Currently in our roster we have only 1 established FB and none of our healthy CBs are good enough to start.
Yes I'm sure we are trying, but maybe we're not trying hard enough; the outrage at our lack of (more) signings is perfectly justifiable.
1 month to sign a CB and a FB, I sincerely hope we can pull it off in this time.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

You just have to wonder what the hell are we doing.
Currently in our roster we have only 1 established FB and none of our healthy CBs are good enough to start.
Yes I'm sure we are trying, but maybe we're not trying hard enough; the outrage at our lack of (more) signings is perfectly justifiable.
1 month to sign a CB and a FB, I sincerely hope we can pull it off in this time.

And we are trying to spend stupid money on a donkey of Lukakua.....

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

City were already miles better than us and unlike Chelsea aren't fighting to get back into the CL yet they've just made their sixth signing. United are on the verge of making their fourth signing with Pogba.

The team that most needed new players have signed...two. None in a couple of weeks now. With the preseason nearly over. Not one player in the most crucial position.

Let's just say that I'm getting a tad nervous. Not shitting it yet, but nervous.

There is no news because they are working diligently on the mega transfer on Lukaku, which will set us  back a decade. So you better hope there is no more news until the season starts. 

You think he is that good? I haven't seen him enough, i'm not impressed with his physique, it's a lot of money and they have a lot of attackers, mhh.

I aimed for their spending spree in general, didn't mean to singling out this kid.

1 hour ago, Ryan Fong said:

I aimed for their spending spree in general, didn't mean to singling out this kid.

An almost always injured German player, a Euros flop and a raw talent who is hiding his English. That's what i tell myself at night. Then taking a look at £41.4m (Mirror) donkey Mangala and there you have the grin. :)

8 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Can't see us signing a CM tbh. Too stacked there. Don't see any of our CMs leaving either. 

Unfortunately agree. Think next summer is when we upgrade. Imagine going into another CL campaign (hopefully) with Cesc & Matic.

You worried at the lack of defensive signings yet? Aina, Terry, Cahill & Azpi is arguably the worst backline amongst all the other contenders.

6 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Unfortunately agree. Think next summer is when we upgrade. Imagine going into another CL campaign (hopefully) with Cesc & Matic.

You worried at the lack of defensive signings yet? Aina, Terry, Cahill & Azpi is arguably the worst backline amongst all the other contenders.

Yeah, I think so too. There aren't many top class CMs up for grabs at the moment anyway, it's going to be difficult to pry away the scarce talent available. I.e. Rubén Neves for Porto. We should perhaps try for him next season when we secure CL football. 

I'm not too worried about the lack of defensive signings. I think the fact that we shipped out Baba means we're definitely going to get a fullback in which is good. I think we'll get a top CB in as well hopefully soon. 

Personally, right now I'd be trying to for Marquinhos - think he'd complement Zouma superbly. 

Kante is such a fantastic signing, probably the best signing in Europe this summer. Also, I feel very confident about Batshuayi and what he can bring to the team now and especially in the coming years. But why stop there? All we need is a top, top centreback and possibly another fullback. Get these sorted out and CFC will fight for the title for sure. With this defence, however, even top4 finish will be a huge struggle. Emenalo wake up for fuck sake!

RM apparently bidding for David Alaba. http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2922741/real-madrid-to-bid-€65-million-for-bayern-munichs-david-alaba

Funny how big clubs look for great fullback and centre midfield talent and go for it.

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

RM apparently bidding for David Alaba. http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2922741/real-madrid-to-bid-€65-million-for-bayern-munichs-david-alaba

Funny how big clubs look for great fullback and centre midfield talent and go for it.

Pisses me off

Real Madrid are prepared to offer more than £55m to sign Bayern Munich's left-back David Alaba.