Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Manchester City have officially signed Otamendi from Valencia.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2572054/nicolas-otamendi-joins-manchester-city-from-valencia

Don't like this signing at all.

But on another note:

There was astonishment, even outrage in some quarters, at how much Manchester City had paid for a player who Manuel Pellegrini admitted was a work in progress? That fee was £44 million, plus the possibility of a further £5m in add-ons, as Raheem Sterling completed his controversial move from Liverpool and the winger's City career begins with the pressure to justify that price tag.

Yet, especially considering the premium attacking footballers command, Sterling's fee is not the only significant amount City have committed to a developing player in the past 12 months. The 20-year-old is the most expensive Englishman ever but Eliaquim Mangala is the costliest defender in Premier League history, and the Frenchman's true price was concealed for months by obfuscation. He was not, as had been thought, a £32m signing, but a £42m addition.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2549306/manchester-city-need-eliaquim-mangala-to-justify-record-fee

Mangala is the most expensive defender of all time. And now he's benched?

We wouldn't hear the end of it if it was Chelsea.

Don't like this signing at all.

But on another note:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2549306/manchester-city-need-eliaquim-mangala-to-justify-record-fee

Mangala is the most expensive defender of all time. And now he's benched?

We wouldn't hear the end of it if it was Chelsea.

Just saw this on Squawka. City have spent close to 143m on 8 CBs since they bought Kompany in 2008...

CM2EXjKWUAAlhaR.jpg

6, if not 7, of those have turned out to be flops.

Chelsea have made a €55M offer for Monaco forward Anthony Martial. #CFCcfc.png [AS] Michael Emenalo (Technical Director of Chelsea) was at Monaco's game last-night, involved with Anthony Martial. #CFCcfc.png [@khaledmercato]

Lol /

Read that report on Martial. Looks like BS and anther 19 year old for £40 mill hummm. Cant see it. But theres never any knowing just WHO Emenalo was there looking at (OR who he was offeing!!! Maybe sound a bit Willian like eh?)

I would've liked him ahead of Baba tbh. Very good fullback, similar price.

Same.

I see Man City actually signed the one season wonder Otamendi, I think he will be another Flop at city! not convinced by him at all.

Don't start with that. Otamendi is a top cb. I'm sure he'll do very well at City, unfortunately. It's not like he was facing slouches over there in Spain.

http://www.espnfc.com/juventus/story/2572478/alex-sandro-signs-at-juventus-after-porto-agree-26m-euro-fee

Juventus have bought Alex Sandro for 26m euros, which is about 18.6m in pounds.

Juve do the best business tbh.

Don't start with that. Otamendi is a top cb. I'm sure he'll do very well at City, unfortunately. It's not like he was facing slouches over there in Spain.

Dont start what? its a fact he is a one season winder until he can prove otherwise, which i dont think he will

Dont start what? its a fact he is a one season winder until he can prove otherwise, which i dont think he will

Had he come here everyone would be over the moon. It's a top signing for City, one that makes them the favorites for the title imo.

Had he come here everyone would be over the moon. It's a top signing for City, one that makes them the favorites for the title imo.

He is a decent player, but he ain't as good as people are making out. His form at Porto and Mineiro wasn't great to say the least.