Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

It would be nasty if Chelsea sign Zenit duo - Witsel and Hulk :D just what we need to push for the CL title

Ohhhh please no more with the Hulk! We've had bloody years being linked with him. I reckon (HOPE) if it was going to happen it would have done by now. And he signed a 2 year extension in Feb

Anyways Kenedy is supposedly the 'NEW HULK'

So Di Maria signed for PSG, what do you think about them? can they make the step-up right now?

In 3 seasons in CL their biggest achievement was probably knocking us out last season, and imo they didnt made a real progress for all this time, interesting to see how they will look now, they have a lot of quality in the squad. Probably more than us.

So Di Maria signed for PSG, what do you think about them? can they make the step-up right now?

In 3 seasons in CL their biggest achievement was probably knocking us out last season, and imo they didnt made a real progress for all this time, interesting to see how they will look now, they have a lot of quality in the squad. Probably more than us.

Much more quality than us.

It seems to me theres about as much passion on here right now as there is on the pitch.

I know we cant do fuck all about it apart from bitch and whine but its hurting me just how bad we are right now.

You cant go saying that someones a troll just because he doesn't agree with the consensus.

Much more quality than us.

They've got some quality players (Silva, Verratti, Di Maria, Cavani/Ibra) and some brilliant young players (Marquinhos, Aurier, Rabiot, Lucas), along with good and solid players. I'd sell Ibra and start a new team (Ibra alone hugely influences the way they play, he's so dominant). They could use two extra squad options though, one in midfield and one up front. And they should've appointed Klopp.

Sirigu

Aurier Silva Marquinhos/Luiz Maxwell

Verratti Motta

Lucas Pastore Di Maria

Cavani

I'd rather invest in developing Marquinhos but Luiz cost a lot of money.

Motta wants to leave though. They'll lack a good holding midfielder without him.

Good team but also with it's issues. Their attacking line is light on goals. 3 creators and 1 scorer. Downside of the team. But an abundance of technique in midfield.

They'll probably end up playing Cavani on the wing, waste Marquinhos and Lucas on the bench and play everything through Zlatan though.

They've got some quality players (Silva, Verratti, Di Maria, Cavani/Ibra) and some brilliant young players (Marquinhos, Aurier, Rabiot, Lucas), along with good and solid players. I'd sell Ibra and start a new team (Ibra alone hugely influences the way they play, he's so dominant). They could use two extra squad options though, one in midfield and one up front. And they should've appointed Klopp.

Sirigu

Aurier Silva Marquinhos/Luiz Maxwell

Verratti Motta

Lucas Pastore Di Maria

Cavani

I'd rather invest in developing Marquinhos but Luiz cost a lot of money.

Motta wants to leave though. They'll lack a good holding midfielder without him.

Good team but also with it's issues. Their attacking line is light on goals. 3 creators and 1 scorer. Downside of the team. But an abundance of technique in midfield.

They'll probably end up playing Cavani on the wing, waste Marquinhos and Lucas on the bench and play everything through Zlatan though.

I agree about Zlatan, but im not sure they can afford to let him go without bringing another top Winger or a versatile striker like Lacazette. Lucas is still not there, it seems.

I think playing Cavani on the wing is just not good enough especially when facing the best teams of Europe, it holds them back. So i agree about your formation, But dont think it will happen.

Zlatan, Cavani, Di Maria and Verratti will be starters, so its another 2 from Motta (was not the same last season), Matuidi (big desicion for Blanc to bench him) and Pastore (who seems to show his talent more and more).

Btw Khelaifi said today that Zlatan and Motta will stay (both contracts ends in a year).

We might still be favorites for the EPL but, by being complacent during the transfer window, Chelsea has effectively forfeited it's chances in the champions league this season, and this is not typical of Jose or Abramovic. Something else is going on.

Its tempting to say that, but on the other hand we're bidding 26m pounds for freaking John Stones. Money that could be spent on that one midfielder that will actually improve our XI. So i dont think its a money thing...

Which midfielder exactly?

Stones is overpriced but he's quality and signing a ball playing CB is crucial to the right developement of the team.