Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

This attitude is why our club will never be good with transfers. We'll let all the Demba Ba's and Papiss Cisse's of the world slip under our radar and spunk it all on Andriy Shevchenko and Fernando Torres.

No more 'top players', thanks. Let's buy them when they have potential and then turn them into top players.

well said. I have had it with some people disregarding Hoilett and Cabaye simply because they are not top expensive players. Well, guess what? they have been there and done that in the premier league unlike Hazard, Gotze and Willian

What is wrong with that? Hazard is not top player to be correct, but he might become one, Hoilett would be free, Azpi is good for 12 mio and then comes another top player. Here I take Modric just to bust up torres form. Second option being cabaye, but the guy is more dm than creative player. same with martinez, mvila or tiote. Maybe witsel is more attackingly oriented, but not in playmaker way. What is not reasonable at this list of players? Modric 40, Hazard 40, Azpi 12 and hoilett free. that makes 92mio max. Sell few players an get 15-20 mio for them. Overall spending is then 72 mio. But I keep essien and mikel, if no dm comes. For 72 mio, that is very good option. Cheap for such players. Barca spend that just for ibra...

A lot of clubs are interested in Hazard, it will cost us upward of 40 million to get him. Azpilicueta is a good shout, he's the kind of player we need. Modric is too expensive, we'll need 50 million for him. Tiote and M'Vila would be excellent and fairly cheap. We need to spend no more than 30-45 million this summer or we'll be in trouble with UEFA. But the point I'm making is not about money, its that our club has always looked at players that aren't expensive and said "they must be crap or everyone will be trying to buy them for 30 million". There are many quality players that are cheap. Podolski, for example would have been an excellent signing for us but we let Arsenal get him. He can provide some width on the left and cover for Mata.

You have right, but when will you know if such players will work out here? From top players, there is more money, but also more guarantee (count off torres, he was already having trouble, when we signed him). If cheaper players than I would go for this:

Azpi, Cabaye, Hoilet, Ayew and Belhanda. but here, you get what you see, no surprise inside really.

Do we really want to have another Ben Haim, Steve Sidwell, Shaun Wright Phillips??!!!

Very unfair, Steven Fletcher is a very good player who seems to suffer from Cahill Syndrome. Just because he plays for a shit club does not make him a bad player, look at van Persie for instance.

For a big club like chelsea whose target is to win epl/ucl, you cannot just buy plenty of cheap player. If you do that, it means you are trying to be a middle tier club.

Player like demba ba/papis cisse is a big gamble. If you buy them to be part of your rotation then fine, if you want them to be your main guy then you are actually joking.

Arsenal has rvp, mu has rooney, Totehnham has adebayor, city has aguero.All of them are world class player, we need a player to be able to compete against them.

For a big club like chelsea whose target is to win epl/ucl, you cannot just buy plenty of cheap player. If you do that, it means you are trying to be a middle tier club.

Player like demba ba/papis cisse is a big gamble. If you buy them to be part of your rotation then fine, if you want them to be your main guy then you are actually joking.

Arsenal has rvp, mu has rooney, Totehnham has adebayor, city has aguero.All of them are world class player, we need a player to be able to compete against them.

I think its clear that we have already established ourselves as a big club and who we buy will certainly not affect our status.The fact that not many clubs are not interested in our players can be a good thing but its also shows that we really haven't developed young players which would make other clubs interested in them for their own future.I am not suggesting that we should change to a seller club but its highly important to know that the attributes of a player doesn't solely depend upon the transfer value.

Its time we buy players such as Holliet and others who have already adjusted to the league and who are capable of succeeding at this club.Granted,expensive targets such as Hulk,Cavani etc are some great talents but then again so are the not well known ones

Developing our players like Josh,Piazon,Danny etc to world class players will be a better choice than buying high class players directly,who may not always succeed at this club as we have a different football style altogether.

I think its clear that we have already established ourselves as a big club and who we buy will certainly not affect our status.The fact that not many clubs are not interested in our players can be a good thing but its also shows that we really haven't developed young players which would make other clubs interested in them for their own future.I am not suggesting that we should change to a seller club but its highly important to know that the attributes of a player doesn't solely depend upon the transfer value.

Its time we buy players such as Holliet and others who have already adjusted to the league and who are capable of succeeding at this club.Granted,expensive targets such as Hulk,Cavani etc are some great talents but then again so are the not well known ones

Developing our players like Josh,Piazon,Danny etc to world class players will be a better choice than buying high class players directly,who may not always succeed at this club as we have a different football style altogether.

It's all well and good using youth but when we are buying players we need to aim higher than the likes of Ba, Cabaye, Hoilett etc Players like Gotze and Hazard will take a bit of time to develop but they will turn into amazing players. The cheaper players should be our backup options.

It's all well and good using youth but when we are buying players we need to aim higher than the likes of Ba, Cabaye, Hoilett etc Players like Gotze and Hazard will take a bit of time to develop but they will turn into amazing players. The cheaper players should be our backup options.

Valencia moved from Wigan to Utd,he wasn't really Hazard material and yet he has succeeded at Utd.I know its unfair to take Utd as an example but still shouldn't underrate such players.

Very unfair, Steven Fletcher is a very good player who seems to suffer from Cahill Syndrome. Just because he plays for a shit club does not make him a bad player, look at van Persie for instance.

fletcher is a brilliant finisher with his head, very under-rated! he gets next to no service at wolves but still managers to notch a few goals, he is a good player but not good enough for chelsea i think! surely you would rather have lukaku coming off the bench?

INS: Cheick Tioté, Demba Ba, Eden Hazard, César Azpilicueta, Hulk + use McEachran, Piazon, Courtois, Lukaku, De Bruyne

OUTS: Kalou, Malouda, Drogba, Essien, Bosingwa, Hilario, Benayoun, Meireles, Mikel, Ferreira

Where is CAM? Someone to pass in midfield with Mata? Rest is good.

^

Good, but he is more dribbler, than passer. Looking for someone to be on same level of passing, like Mata. Maybe Ander Herrera, De Marcos or Javi Martinez. Also Gaitan...

We need dribblers like Kagawa. He can go on Messi-like runs through the midfield and beat players. That's what we need, someone with direction and drive in the midfield that will push forward and has the x-factor to change games. He's link up play is also very good. His passing is also good. He can give those killer through balls and accurate passes. Him and Mata in the midfield would be immense.

^

Good, but he is more dribbler, than passer. Looking for someone to be on same level of passing, like Mata. Maybe Ander Herrera, De Marcos or Javi Martinez. Also Gaitan...

Shinji Kagawa is a great passer too. Whenever I watch the highlights of the German league, Kagawa carves open the defence with a toe-poking pass or outside of the boot chip or something. All chelsea do is pass it to the fullbacks and dump the ball into the box, so i think kagawa will be a great signing

Shinji Kagawa is a great passer too. Whenever I watch the highlights of the German league, Kagawa carves open the defence with a toe-poking pass or outside of the boot chip or something. All chelsea do is pass it to the fullbacks and dump the ball into the box, so i think kagawa will be a great signing

EXACTLY, Plus he'll be cheap and is 23 so can get better.