Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

question is why would the likes of Modric leave Spurs for no CL football ? yes these are some exciting names. But the likes of hazard will go to united or city , Hulk wont come because the only reason he wanted to be here was for AVB. Cavani will most likely go to another club in the CL and maybe city if they Sell Balotelli.

I feel we will have to look at different targets this summer. Plus the Daily mail are just doing there usual lazy journalism. Chelsea need new players + roman has money + players they have been linked with in the past = New Story.

Its a shame nowadays players only really care about CL football.

question is why would the likes of Modric leave Spurs for no CL football ? yes these are some exciting names. But the likes of hazard will go to united or city , Hulk wont come because the only reason he wanted to be here was for AVB. Cavani will most likely go to another club in the CL and maybe city if they Sell Balotelli.

I feel we will have to look at different targets this summer. Plus the Daily mail are just doing there usual lazy journalism. Chelsea need new players + roman has money + players they have been linked with in the past = New Story.

Its a shame nowadays players only really care about CL football.

Modric will come to Chelsea IF Twattenham miss out on CL football. From what I've heard Hulk still wants to come to Chelsea even if AVB is not here. City already have players and need to get rid of Tevez first before buying a new striker. Plus Napoli won't finish in the top 3, thus no Champions league. Hazard, well it's a slim chance but I hope we get him, even it if means overpaying, he is going to be out of this world.

I've said this on a previous post that Champions League won't be only reason for attracting players. Chelsea are now one of the world's most recognised sides due to our recent success, and especially if a project is sold to players and Roman shows his intent by splashing money and rebuilding a team, players will still join us because they know we will challenge for titles once again, and hopefully only be out of the Champions League for one season therefore. (That is on the basis that we either don't win it or finish 4th)

Add to that living in London, the training facilities and the wages we are able to pay to compete and we still should be able to attract players. I see no reason why the likes of Hulk and Hazard aren't attainable.

I've said this on a previous post that Champions League won't be only reason for attracting players. Chelsea are now one of the world's most recognised sides due to our recent success, and especially if a project is sold to players and Roman shows his intent by splashing money and rebuilding a team, players will still join us because they know we will challenge for titles once again, and hopefully only be out of the Champions League for one season therefore. (That is on the basis that we either don't win it or finish 4th)

Add to that living in London, the training facilities and the wages we are able to pay to compete and we still should be able to attract players. I see no reason why the likes of Hulk and Hazard aren't attainable.

As long as one of the Spanish Giants doesnt go for Hazard we have a decent chance of Getting Hazard. Like I said, all things considered missing out on 4th spot won't make too much of a difference. FFP is not really and obstacle. I think the Penalites of FFP is if you Don't follow it you miss out on Europen football for a year? Well that won't make any difference if we finish outside the top 4...So basically Finish top 4= Spend moderately, outside top 4= The overhaul begins

I think if we finish top 4 it will still be an overhaul. As I said the transfer spend isn't the immediate problem to breaking even - it's the enormous wage bill we have to manage. And if an overhaul means some of the higher paid older players being moved on and replacing with younger players on lower wages, despite the transfer fees, this will improve the long term outlook for the clubs profitability.

Well it's nice to Fantasize over world class players and potential teams, espcially given the Miserable season we're having

This is ONE HELL of a Wish list (except for Pereira)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2128432/Chelsea-owner-Roman-Abramovichs-247m-shopping-list.html

Well, the image at the bottom of that article claims that Cesar Azpilicueta play for Lille...

Those journalists are just stupid...

I dont know, should we spend enormously, getting besides hazard also hulk and cavani and modric and...

or just reasonably, but still enough top profile players like hazard and mvila, but also cabaye and hoilett. and use youth aswell.

sure paying 250£ mio is what everyone would like to see, having hulk, mata, hazard, falcao, modric and mvila in midfield/attack. that would mean we might win everything next year. but is this way good for our club and respect?

I don't even think we need any of those players. Here's like starting XI for next year:

Cech/Courtois

Hutch/Iva - Terry/Cahill/Luiz - Cole/Bertrand

Essien/Mikel/Romeu - Lamps/Meireles

Studge/Kalou - Mata/McEachran - KDB/Mata

Torres/Drogba/Lukaku

Really, Lamps/Meireles can rotate between Mata/McEachran and KDB. And also maybe promote one more defender for CB; a tough run of games and injures could stuff us. Ivanovic going to CB would mean Hutchinson for a lot of games, when he still needs to go through one breakthrough season coming off the bench and all.

I don't even think we need any of those players. Here's like starting XI for next year:

Cech/Courtois

Hutch/Iva - Terry/Cahill/Luiz - Cole/Bertrand

Essien/Mikel/Romeu - Lamps/Meireles

Studge/Kalou - Mata/McEachran - KDB/Mata

Torres/Drogba/Lukaku

Really, Lamps/Meireles can rotate between Mata/McEachran and KDB. And also maybe promote one more defender for CB; a tough run of games and injures could stuff us. Ivanovic going to CB would mean Hutchinson for a lot of games, when he still needs to go through one breakthrough season coming off the bench and all.

No offence but this is such a Naive post...The old guard and dead wood needs to go. Are you not watching the same season as the rest of us are? We are getting worse with every year, and keeping alot of our current players is not the answer. Who cares if a Overhaul will get us some hate from other jealous fans, an overhaul is NEEDED. Not like in previous seasons when we were just Wanting top players for the sake of it, now we desperately need it. The youth isn't going to do anything this year, loan them out. Josh can't even start at Swansea which says alot.

We WILL spend, it's just a matter of how much. Hopefully alot.

No offence but this is such a Naive post...The old guard and dead wood needs to go. Are you not watching the same season as the rest of us are? We are getting worse with every year, and keeping alot of our current players is not the answer. Who cares if a Overhaul will get us some hate from other jealous fans, an overhaul is NEEDED. Not like in previous seasons when we were just Wanting top players for the sake of it, now we desperately need it. The youth isn't going to do anything this year, loan them out. Josh can't even start at Swansea which says alot.

even with that team, we would need another CB and leftwinger and kalou needs to go so another right winger? and lamps too hads got to be phased out and maybe even cole

Nah, not naive but if we phase out all of the old guard and bring in new peeps, that will be bad. Just a bunch of players with no chemistry; at least right now we can win games with the right people. With youth coming in we can get a bit more an edge to the way that we play. And note: Josh isn't playing for the Swans because they're always screwing up and Rodgers doesn't want to play Josh and make it worse. If they're winning, Josh can come in and continue the winning.

even with that team, we would need another CB and leftwinger and kalou needs to go so another right winger? and lamps too hads got to be phased out and maybe even cole

We could either get 2 wide players and a CM, or 1 wide player, a CAM and a CM. difficult choice