Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

it looks like altintop transfer to madrid last season. i cant say it is impossible, but madrid is looking for someone on rb to permamently replace arbeloa in next season. someone younger and in better form.

We are not getting Eriksen, Hazard etc. after last night. We are not qualifying for champions league and i guess we have to settle for other players from other clubs who haven't qualified. I suggest we raid Newcastle and Napoli. Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cavani, Lavezzi will be immense although I doubt that's what the new manager will do

I seriously hope we get the new manager in by the end of MAY itself because we HAVE to sign bargains before EURO 2012. I know this might sound like a silly little thing but look at last season, Mata joined after season started. Meireles joined on deadline day while ManU finished all their deals very early on in the summer. (they got chicharito for 7m before the WC)

Do you think we going to have a huge clean out? I am hoping we don't sign a whole bunch of big names they come with too much Baggage. We need to find players that are young and hungry for the game and to make a name. That Frei kid from Fulham was class.

Big names are fine as long as they fall into the 'young and hungry' category aswell. I have no problems if Roman wants to splash the cash in a serious manner this summer to rebuild the squad (in fact I would f*cking love it!) aslong as the big money signings are the likes of Hazard and Hulk, as opposed to Kaka and Ribery!

Based on our signings recently of Ramires, David Luiz, Mata, Lukaku, KDB, Courtois, Romeu and Cahill it does seem we are going to head more down that line of 'young, hungry' players rather than seasoned campaigners.

maybe we should of kept avb just to sign hulk, moutihno, falcao in the summer . they probaly would of came for avb regardless of no cl

To be fair I think Hulk and Falcao would still jump at the first chance they got to come to Chelsea.

We are not getting Eriksen, Hazard etc. after last night. We are not qualifying for champions league and i guess we have to settle for other players from other clubs who haven't qualified. I suggest we raid Newcastle and Napoli. Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cavani, Lavezzi will be immense although I doubt that's what the new manager will do

I seriously hope we get the new manager in by the end of MAY itself because we HAVE to sign bargains before EURO 2012. I know this might sound like a silly little thing but look at last season, Mata joined after season started. Meireles joined on deadline day while ManU finished all their deals very early on in the summer. (they got chicharito for 7m before the WC)

If we don't get into the Top 4 and somehow still manage to raid Newcastle for Cabaye/Ba/Ben Arfa etc and especially Napoli for Cavani/Hamsik/Lavezzi (World class players) than I would call that a magnificent Transfer window.

Also I agree a manager needs to be announced very soon after the season so the new manager can quickly assess and buy and sell players. We don't want a repeat of AVB's idiocy.

We COULD still get players like Eriksen, Lucas etc

I think players who were maybe interested in joining us last summer would still be interested now. This season has been a blip which I believe Roman in particular will be keen to address this summer by going a long way to rebuilding the squad.

A lot of players will see Chelsea as a 'step up' regardless of Champions League football, and they'll understand that with our pedigree in recent years we are likely to challenge again. Inter Milan will be in the same boat next season because they won't get european football at all.

The likes of Hazard and Hulk will still be interested - the attractiveness of playing in the premier league, living in London and the wages we can pay compared to other european clubs are still huge pulling points. If they can also see that they are just part of significant changes to the side for the future then we can still lure them.

I personally would love a three of Mata, Hazard and Hulk to play behind Torres next season. Pace, creativity, brute power, and hopefully a fully firing and confident Torres being given bundles of chances - teams would be scared shitless of that attack.

I personally would love a three of Mata, Hazard and Hulk to play behind Torres next season. Pace, creativity, brute power, and hopefully a fully firing and confident Torres being given bundles of chances - teams would be scared shitless of that attack.

This would be the strongest attack in the world?

-----------Torres-----------

-Hazard---Mata----Hulk-

I'd like to think it would rival the attacks of Real Madrid and Barcelona. And in the long term Lukaku to replace Torres?!

We desperately need an attack which will scare teams! The reason why our defence has looked dodgy and conceding a lot more goals over the last couple of seasons is because our attack has become so poor and lacklustre. In the past teams were scared to come at Chelsea because they would be opened up at will and annihilated - and as a result with opponents attacking less, the defence naturally concedes less and looks on the whole better.

All the best teams in the world - Barcelona, Madrid, United, I would say none have as good a backline as we do, yet aren't conceding as many goals. It's because their attack pins teams back, not allowing them to attack very often.

We need an attacking quartet alongside a deeper midfield craftsman and midfield general capable of dismantling teams at will. The fear factor at the Bridge must return. Add that to our defence and we'll once more have potential to dominate.

If Torres wont get in form till end of seaon, he never will. There is small chance if we buy 2 new midfielders and try that, but Torres had some really good chances recently (after it was announced ''he is back in form''), but he blow them all. The guy should try to score from more difficult positions and actualy score, create chances by himself. Not just 100% chances for him and even then, he misses. I'll never stop believing in him, but this is now going for over a year...

Also, if we will be buying too much, where will Sturridge, Ramires play? If we get Hulk AND Hazard would be good, but if Torres wont get in form, I'd pick Danny as our main striker. Also we dont have consistant DM. Mikel plays hot and cold, Essien is getting old, Romeu is just too young to start regulary and play important matches.

While about Meireles, I wont say anything...

That means, we should look at DM aswell, picking Mvila or Witsel would be great.

We have so many players, but most of them plays shit and yet we will keep them and then they will complain they want to play (Didi, Lamps,...).

We have 4 strikers: Drogba is old, Torres is lacking of form, Sturridge is selfish and more winger, Lukaku...where is he? Buying another striker would mean we have to get rid of at least Drogba and than maybe Torres aswell. Because I dont expect let say Falcao will sit on bench and Torres will play. Turn around, if Falcao would play, than Torres would never get back in form and it would be meaningless to keep him...Than again, we can hope Torres will get in form, and if he does, it would be stupid to buy another striker, if he wont get in form and buying no striker, we are doomed.

Should Sturridge play on wing or CF? If first, we need striker, if second, we should get two wingers than. Is Ramires good enough to play regulary, or we should buy another midfielder and use Rami as sub? Should we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3?

4-2-1-3

----------Cech---------------

Ivan-Luiz-Terry-Cole/Bert

--Mvila/Witsel/Moutinho-Cabaye/Hamšik/Ramires or someone--

-----------Mata---------------

Sturridge/Hulk-Torres/Sturridge/Falcao or someone-Hazard/Ayew/Lavezzi/James Rodriguez or someone

Defense is good, one or DM should be bought, Mata as playmaker. new, left winger desperately needed, maybe also right winger and/or striker. In this case, we would buy max 5 players, 2 DM, left and right winger, and striker. + Right back; Azpi or someone. 6 players. My choice would be one DM (Mvila), left winger(Hazard), RB(Azpi) and striker(Falcao or Cavani) or right winger(Hulk). 5 players to buy. But dont forget for Mata to rest, than we need another playmaker, maybe Belhanda/Cabaye type, who is cheaper and would do great to replace Mata. Or maybe work together. If Torres at best, buy winger, Danny and Lukaku should be good replacement, if Torres bad, get another striker...

or 4-3-3

-----------Cech------------

Ivan-Terry-Luiz-Cole/Bert

--Ramires/Hamšik-Mvila/Cabaye-Mata

Hulk/Danny-Danny/Torres/Falcao...-Hazard/Lavezzi/...

Here we see, new deffensive midfielder should be bought. Mata would be playmaker and would require another playmaker or Ramires. And then we need left winger + right winger and/or striker...In most case 5 new players (almost new team :) ). And dont forget for new RB, since Ferreira and Bossingwa leave, Azpi or somone there. That makes 6! new players and in this case, all new attack would mean Sturridge and Torres on bench...My choice (not dream one, but most real one) would be RB, 1 new DM(Mvila or Cabaye), playmaker (Hamšik...) to work with Mata, left winger(Hazard) and striker(Cavani or Falcao) or right winger(Hulk). 5 players total. We would have stronger midfield and attack, that is what we need. Maybe another midfielder to rotate, when more games have to be played and players need to rest. About Torres form, I told in previous formation who to buy, another striker or winger.

I guess, second formation is more possible, because we might need someone to work along Mata as playmaker, but I like first one more, because it is more suitable for Mata. There are so many possibilities and questions about strikers, wingers, playmakers,....

I left defence like it is, it is most strong part of team, only RB required. Cahill, Luiz, Terry and Brana CB, Cole, Bertrand LB, Azpi and Brana RB...But the money we would have to pay for those 5 or 6 players is too much...striker 30mio, winger 30mio, playmaker 20mio, RB 12mio, DM 25mio...Hazard, Mvila, Hulk, Moutinho, Witsel, Falcao, Cavani, Hamšik, Lavezzi, Rodriguez,...they would cost more, while Belhanda, Cabaye, Ayew, might cost less. In all, we need some quality players, not Lukakus, de Bruynes or other young ones. Dont even think 28+ ones...Young, experienced , talented and ready for 1st team action is what we need. Abramovich might decide to really open his wallet, because of terrible team we have. Too many old players or average ones...We need better now. To actualy rebuild team, we should spend around 100mio or more, dont expect we will get Cabaye for 10mio, they will want 20mio...and so. But I dont see, we will actualy spend that much. Once again, we wont buy until 25th august and then another Meireles style player and I say f*ck you Chelsea board...I wont be happy if we get one player. 3 top class at minimum, just look how we play and its neccesary to get big players.

But than again, we have young players, I guess De Bruyne and Lukaku and Bertrand and Romeu should stay to replace main players. Bossingwa, Ferreira, Kalou, Essien/Mikel, Drogba, Lampard, Malouda, Meireles out Hate to say Lampard and Drogba out, but they just dont play consistantly and take place instead younger or new players should play...Piazon, Mceachran on loan...

That means 8 players out and 5, 6 players in. + use 3 Lukaku, KDB and Romeu if needed.

Team of season 2012/13 should be

Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

Brana,Azpi,Cahill,Terry,Cole,Bertrand,Luiz

Mata,Mvila,Cabaye/Belhanda,Romeu,Mikel/Essien,Ramires,Hamšik

Torres,Lukaku,Hazard,Danny, Hulk/Falcao,DeBruyne

P.S.: Any young prospect bought for less than 10mio as part of ''future plan'' should be offloaded on loan...

And honestly, I would keep Roberto di Matteo. Only if Mou comes, the guy should stay. It is not his fault, Lampard and co. play so sleepy this times...When they give everything, like against Napoli, we see how they play, but for less important matches, they just dont care really.If Torres wont get in form till end of seaon, he never will. There is small chance if we buy 2 new midfielders and try that, but Torres had some really good chances recently (after it was announced ''he is back in form''), but he blow them all. The guy should try to score from more difficult positions and actualy score, create chances by himself. Not just 100% chances for him and even then, he misses. I'll never stop believing in him, but this is now going for over a year...

Also, if we will be buying too much, where will Sturridge, Ramires play? If we get Hulk AND Hazard would be good, but if Torres wont get in form, I'd pick Danny as our main striker. Also we dont have consistant DM. Mikel plays hot and cold, Essien is getting old, Romeu is just too young to start regulary and play important matches.

While about Meireles, I wont say anything...

That means, we should look at DM aswell, picking Mvila or Witsel would be great.

We have so many players, but most of them plays shit and yet we will keep them and then they will complain they want to play (Didi, Lamps,...).

We have 4 strikers: Drogba is old, Torres is lacking of form, Sturridge is selfish and more winger, Lukaku...where is he? Buying another striker would mean we have to get rid of at least Drogba and than maybe Torres aswell. Because I dont expect let say Falcao will sit on bench and Torres will play. Turn around, if Falcao would play, than Torres would never get back in form and it would be meaningless to keep him...Than again, we can hope Torres will get in form, and if he does, it would be stupid to buy another striker, if he wont get in form and buying no striker, we are doomed.

Should Sturridge play on wing or CF? If first, we need striker, if second, we should get two wingers than. Is Ramires good enough to play regulary, or we should buy another midfielder and use Rami as sub? Should we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3?

4-2-1-3

----------Cech---------------

Ivan-Luiz-Terry-Cole/Bert

--Mvila/Witsel/Moutinho-Cabaye/Hamšik/Ramires or someone--

-----------Mata---------------

Sturridge/Hulk-Torres/Sturridge/Falcao or someone-Hazard/Ayew/Lavezzi/James Rodriguez or someone

Defense is good, one or DM should be bought, Mata as playmaker. new, left winger desperately needed, maybe also right winger and/or striker. In this case, we would buy max 5 players, 2 DM, left and right winger, and striker. + Right back; Azpi or someone. 6 players. My choice would be one DM (Mvila), left winger(Hazard), RB(Azpi) and striker(Falcao or Cavani) or right winger(Hulk). 5 players to buy. But dont forget for Mata to rest, than we need another playmaker, maybe Belhanda/Cabaye type, who is cheaper and would do great to replace Mata. Or maybe work together. If Torres at best, buy winger, Danny and Lukaku should be good replacement, if Torres bad, get another striker...

or 4-3-3

-----------Cech------------

Ivan-Terry-Luiz-Cole/Bert

--Ramires/Hamšik-Mvila/Cabaye-Mata

Hulk/Danny-Danny/Torres/Falcao...-Hazard/Lavezzi/...

Here we see, new deffensive midfielder should be bought. Mata would be playmaker and would require another playmaker or Ramires. And then we need left winger + right winger and/or striker...In most case 5 new players (almost new team :) ). And dont forget for new RB, since Ferreira and Bossingwa leave, Azpi or somone there. That makes 6! new players and in this case, all new attack would mean Sturridge and Torres on bench...My choice (not dream one, but most real one) would be RB, 1 new DM(Mvila or Cabaye), playmaker (Hamšik...) to work with Mata, left winger(Hazard) and striker(Cavani or Falcao) or right winger(Hulk). 5 players total. We would have stronger midfield and attack, that is what we need. Maybe another midfielder to rotate, when more games have to be played and players need to rest. About Torres form, I told in previous formation who to buy, another striker or winger.

I guess, second formation is more possible, because we might need someone to work along Mata as playmaker, but I like first one more, because it is more suitable for Mata. There are so many possibilities and questions about strikers, wingers, playmakers,....

I left defence like it is, it is most strong part of team, only RB required. Cahill, Luiz, Terry and Brana CB, Cole, Bertrand LB, Azpi and Brana RB...But the money we would have to pay for those 5 or 6 players is too much...striker 30mio, winger 30mio, playmaker 20mio, RB 12mio, DM 25mio...Hazard, Mvila, Hulk, Moutinho, Witsel, Falcao, Cavani, Hamšik, Lavezzi, Rodriguez,...they would cost more, while Belhanda, Cabaye, Ayew, might cost less. In all, we need some quality players, not Lukakus, de Bruynes or other young ones. Dont even think 28+ ones...Young, experienced , talented and ready for 1st team action is what we need. Abramovich might decide to really open his wallet, because of terrible team we have. Too many old players or average ones...We need better now. To actualy rebuild team, we should spend around 100mio or more, dont expect we will get Cabaye for 10mio, they will want 20mio...and so. But I dont see, we will actualy spend that much. Once again, we wont buy until 25th august and then another Meireles style player and I say f*ck you Chelsea board...I wont be happy if we get one player. 3 top class at minimum, just look how we play and its neccesary to get big players.

But than again, we have young players, I guess De Bruyne and Lukaku and Bertrand and Romeu should stay to replace main players. Bossingwa, Ferreira, Kalou, Essien/Mikel, Drogba, Lampard, Malouda, Meireles out Hate to say Lampard and Drogba out, but they just dont play consistantly and take place instead younger or new players should play...Piazon, Mceachran on loan...

That means 8 players out and 5, 6 players in. + use 3 Lukaku, KDB and Romeu if needed.

Team of season 2012/13 should be

Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

Brana,Azpi,Cahill,Terry,Cole,Bertrand,Luiz

Mata,Mvila,Cabaye/Belhanda,Romeu,Mikel/Essien,Ramires,Hamšik

Torres,Lukaku,Hazard,Danny, Hulk/Falcao,DeBruyne

P.S.: Any young prospect bought for less than 10mio as part of ''future plan'' should be offloaded on loan...

And honestly, I would keep Roberto di Matteo. Only if Mou comes, the guy should stay. It is not his fault, Lampard and co. play so sleepy this times...When they give everything, like against Napoli, we see how they play, but for less important matches, they just dont care really.

This would be the strongest attack in the world?

-----------Torres-----------

-Hazard---Mata----Hulk-

No this would be

----Hazard-----Cavani----Lavezzi----

--------------------Mata--------------------

Imagine

----Hazard------Cavani------Lavezzi----

--------------------Mata-----------------------

---------Cabaye-----------Romeu--------

----Cole-----Terry------Luiz------Ivanovic

-----------------------Cech-------------------

Mouth Watering

The mail has a fantastical, wonderful piece today about who Roman wants to bring in next season. Fantasy football time again

Well it's nice to Fantasize over world class players and potential teams, espcially given the Miserable season we're having

This is ONE HELL of a Wish list (except for Pereira)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2128432/Chelsea-owner-Roman-Abramovichs-247m-shopping-list.html

I'm certain Roman will splash huge amounts of cash this summer. All this worry of the FFP shouldn't be a concern in regards to transfer spending. Yes it has an impact, but the biggest problem causing the club to make losses year on year is the wage bill.

Looking towards the future a lot of these potential signings will not be earning anywhere near the huge amounts the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Cole and Terry earn. Those wages will not be paid again IMO as the club look to signing younger talents. As the old guard are moved on over the next couple of seasons, the wage bill will drop massively.

I honestly see at least 3 or 4 from this 'list' being signed in the summer, aswell as another couple not on this list. Some are certainly attainable regardless of whether we are in the Champions League or not.