Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

4 minutes ago, Nikarlc said:

The Sun,90 min:Chelsea Join West Ham in Race for Inter Striker Gabigol.

I think he would be a good signing.He's on fire after getting back to Brazil.

I seen that on social media, just seems an absolutely nonsense rumour to me.  

Manchester United are targeting Sean Longstaff and Emre Can in the January transfer window, reports claim as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to bolster his midfield options after revealing Paul Pogba requires surgery. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1223238/Man-Utd-transfer-targets-Sean-Longstaff-Emre-Can-Paul-Pogba-injury-surgery-news

Related image

1 hour ago, Nikarlc said:

I haven't watched him since he returned home but my prior opinion was that he was hopeless. I predicted that no top European club would take him, was shocked when Inter did but then predicted they would regret it. I think it's a fair assessment to say that they did quickly come to regret making that deal. Barring a remarkable, I might say unique, turnaround in his output, I have no interest in this player at all.

2 hours ago, Nikarlc said:

He failed at Inter but you can’t deny his talent, looks like a grown ass man now, not sure wheter he wouldve been a bad signing.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yikes!

yes, just read that

spoilt cunts all round

£60m dropped and out the door already perhaps

I do not understand fullbacks today

there are so so few great ones, or at least ones that can fit into any team

Cancelo was an absolute monster last year

now he is at a club tailor made for his skillset at least part of the time and he wants out

Pep is partly to blame

Walker can play CB and play it better than the horrid Otamendi and soon 35yo DMF Fernandinho, I have seen him play CB many times

and that opens up RB for Cancelo

but nope

Pep refuses to do it for the most part

he is too fucking stubborn

Klopp would never be that stubborn

lets ALL hope he leaves in the summer so Chilwell doesn't go there (he just said he wants to play for Pep at some point)

watch Pep leave and grab Chilwell for Barca!!!!!

:rant:

Manchester United 'lower Paul Pogba asking price'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/manchester-united-lower-paul-pogba-asking-price_384884.html

Manchester United have reportedly lowered their asking price for Paul Pogba ahead of next summer's transfer window.

The Frenchman is expected to leave Old Trafford in the summer after declaring in June that he wanted a "new challenge" elsewhere.

Real Madrid expressed keen interest in securing Pogba's services, only for United to hold firm on their £160m valuation of the player.

However, according to The Sun, the Red Devils are now open to offers of around £100m ahead of the summer window.

Pogba has 18 months left on his existing contract and is not expected to pen a new deal at Old Trafford amid interest from both Madrid and Juventus.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer recently confirmed that Pogba, impeded by injury since late August, will miss up to another month of action after undergoing surgery.

On 01/01/2020 at 11:16 AM, shrenshah said:

Buy

Werner 50m

Sancho 120m

Ake 40m

Chilwell 70m

Sell

Christeansen 30m

Giroud 10m

Pedro 10m

Batshuayi 20m

Barkley 15m

Alonso 25m

Emerson 20m

Total spends 280m and income 130m

End up spending within our 150m budget and get 4 wc starters while removing a lot of deadwood

Plus selling our loan players help bring that net spend down. 

Morata 55m 

Bakayoko 30m 

Kenedy 10m

Moses 8m

Pašalić 15m  

1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

@Vesper you know Kristian Thorstvedt from Viking? He signed for Genk, is he good? Does he have the same position as Sander Berge? Looks to me Berge is getting his transfer if the price is right (€20m)

Thorstvedt is a CMF/AMF type unlike Berge, who is a deep holding DMF. He is much more of a goal scorer than Berge as well, he had (in 4000 total minutes) 22 goals and 7 assists all comps for Viking, 13 and 3 of them last year which was at the highest Norwegian level, in around 2400 minutes total play. He is a big lad, 1.89m and strong, and also is left footed.

I am not terribly familiar with Norwegian football (I know much more about Swedish and Danish) but Thorstvedt did win the young player of the year in the Eliteserien. It will be interesting to see how he copes at Genk, which is a fairly large step-up in class.

Another young Norwegian to watch is 17yo CMF Joshua Kitolano from Odds BK, the youngest of the 3 Kitalano brothers. John, the middle one, is  a 20yo LB on Wolves now.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

I haven't watched him since he returned home but my prior opinion was that he was hopeless. I predicted that no top European club would take him, was shocked when Inter did but then predicted they would regret it. I think it's a fair assessment to say that they did quickly come to regret making that deal. Barring a remarkable, I might say unique, turnaround in his output, I have no interest in this player at all.

Is he really that bad??? He has banged quite a few goals in this season. I heard his attitude was poor at Inter but his ability is definitely there to see.

Varane reflects in depth on his life and career in football

The defender spoke with French outlet Onze Mondial

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2020/1/4/21049083/varane-reflects-in-depth-on-his-life-and-career-in-football-real-madrid-2020

interesting article

Gabigol drops farewell hint to Flamengo after Chelsea and West Ham make approach

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/04/gabigol-drops-farewell-hint-flamengo-chelsea-west-ham-make-approach-11999617/?ito=newsnow-feed

Gabriel Barbosa has appeared to have bid farewell to Flamengo supporters after reports in Brazil claimed that Chelsea and West Ham have both made an approach for the striker. The 23-year-old has spent the last year on loan at Flamengo and scored 43 goals in 59 games for the Brazilian club. The striker, who is known as ‘Gabigol’, scored two late goals in the Copa Libertadores final against River Plate in November and ended as the tournament’s top scorer. Gabigol also played against Liverpool during Flamengo’s defeat in the Club World Cup final last month. Flamengo have been keen to sign the Brazilian forward on a permanent deal from Inter, but reports in Brazil are now claiming that he has two offers from the Premier League.

Gabigol's message to Flamengo fans: 'Thank you for your love.'

snip