Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I really thought the era of mega swap deals was over but I guess it makes sense.  Great deal for Rom, if he gets fit again he will tear that league up. Dybala i am not sure he is cut out for the PL. But a sublime Talent.  Lets hope Martial, Rashford, Dybala will be stamping on each others feet. 

It doesn't make sense atall.

The first thing Sarri did when he arrived here was cut out the players who lacked the technical ability for his football (Cahill, Bakayoko,Tammy, Michy, Zouma) yet now he's actively after Lukaku? Something isn't adding up on both sides because not only is he not the type of player Sarri goes after I can't see Maurizio giving Lukaku the guarantee that he craves (getting a starting spot handed to him on a plate).

7 hours ago, Strike said:

All doom and gloom in here. I think we are very much in the mix for top 4 and people are overstating Arsenal and United's business.

We are rebuilding quietly under the radar without the pressure of big-money signings. Managed to add quality players like Pulisic, James, Tammy and Mount in a window with a transfer ban. 

Pepe is pretty wounding tbh (he would have solved a lot of issues for us) although out of all our rivals it's probably best he goes Arsenal because as good as he is he's not going to make Emery a good defensive coach and he will have a problem getting him, Auba and Lacazette in the same team, atleast one will be playing out of position unless he goes 424 which will in turn make their already fragile defense even worse.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Pepe is pretty wounding tbh (he would have solved a lot of issues for us) although out of all our rivals it's probably best he goes Arsenal because as good as he is he's not going to make Emery a good defensive coach and he will have a problem getting him, Auba and Lacazette in the same team, atleast one will be playing out of position unless he goes 424 which will in turn make their already fragile defense even worse.

They will probably play 433 

Auba laca pepe

Torreira/guendouzi ceballos

Granit 

19 hours ago, Pizy said:

I see the Dybala-Lukaku swap is heating up. I think it's funny how loads of English journalists and all the United fans are hyping themselves up as though Dybala is this world class superstar who will take them up a level. He's not anywhere near the very top level and I think he's pretty overrated. Isn't top class at any particular thing. He's not a pure striker and he's not a wide player. Really, he'd have been a good signing to play with Lukaku as a second striker. If they plan on depending on him as their main source of goals they're going to be let down.

Everyones losing their minds like Dybala will come in and score 20 goals and be a world beater. I think he'll look solid but not anything special for them if he signs. Not really bothered at all.

I will say however, if United can get Dybala, Maguire, and Bruno Fernandes in addition to AWB who they've already signed all while keeping hold of Pogba they'll have had a fantastic summer window. They'll have significantly improved all their weaknesses. 

Much as it's painful to accept, I don't think we're getting near the top 4 this season which I've long since accepted. This year will be a free hit. By the end of the transfer window I fully expect all 3 of our rivals we finished above last season to have significantly improved while we have taken a bit of a step back.

I think we're finishing 6th. For me it's all about taking our best shot at a deep CL run. Focus on that as our main competition because anything can happen as Spuds proved last year. 

I am confused with united. 

With Dybala you are kinda forced to play 4231 with pogba as double pivot. What is the point of Bruno Fernandes then. 

You have dalot, what is the point of signing AWB. 

For me United case is quite simple get a very good CB, if you think Fred is not the cm that you need then get another cm that can play both end. Sign a lb because Luke shaw is too injury prone. If Ole does not fancy Lukaku then sell him and sign a RW. Then you probably will be in top 4. 

For us, I will wait till September to give any expectation to our team. Our pressing will be much2 better than last season. Hopefully that will help us create more goal scoring opportunity. Our goals output has been quite poor for the last two seasons, that with imo the best player in epl in our lineup. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

They will probably play 433 

Auba laca pepe

Torreira/guendouzi ceballos

Granit 

Playing Aubameyang out wide is a waste and essentially putting square pegs in round holes. Doubt Emery will stick with 4-3-3 either considering he tends to change his system. Add to the fact they also still have Ozil and Mkhitaryan around. What is he going to do with them?

2 hours ago, communicate said:

I am confused with united. 

With Dybala you are kinda forced to play 4231 with pogba as double pivot. What is the point of Bruno Fernandes then. 

You have dalot, what is the point of signing AWB. 

For me United case is quite simple get a very good CB, if you think Fred is not the cm that you need then get another cm that can play both end. Sign a lb because Luke shaw is too injury prone. If Ole does not fancy Lukaku then sell him and sign a RW. Then you probably will be in top 4. 

For us, I will wait till September to give any expectation to our team. Our pressing will be much2 better than last season. Hopefully that will help us create more goal scoring opportunity. Our goals output has been quite poor for the last two seasons, that with imo the best player in epl in our lineup. 

Solksjaer played 4312 at times last season. He can play that too and having someone like Dybala who can also play in a 2 as a second striker as well as a 10 gives them plenty options and tactical flexibility. I dont think Bruno Fernandes is as close to being done as people think plus hes hardly an attacking midfielder, I think hes more a number 8. Wan Bissaka is much better than Dalot as well, theres no doubt about it but having 2 young RBs instead of 2 makeshift RBs in Valencia and Young is a lot lot better regardless of who will play and wont play regularly I would say. Luke Shaw played almost every game last season and was arguably the only United player who was consistent from the first match to the end of the season. I think if they get Dybala in like being reported as well as talk of Moussa Dembele and Harry Maguire, as well as keeping Pogba and having older heads like Matic, De Gea, Mata in and around the squad they can definitely achieve top 4. Id say they are arguably going to be in better shape than we are in terms of strengthening areas they needed to.

The pressings been not bad so far but I am still very much concerned about us creating chances against teams who play with 10 men in front of the ball.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Playing Aubameyang out wide is a waste and essentially putting square pegs in round holes. Doubt Emery will stick with 4-3-3 either considering he tends to change his system. Add to the fact they also still have Ozil and Mkhitaryan around. What is he going to do with them?

Regardless it must be a nice problem to have the likes of Aubamayang, Lacazette, Pepe, Ozil, Mkhitaryan at the top end of the pitch. Ozil and Mkhitaryan havent excelled recently but again I think the signing of Pepe and losing Ramsey gives those 2 players in particular the chance to play more centrally than perhaps being shunted out wide. Aubamayang out wide perhaps a waste but again I think hes still very capable and will come off the line more often than not to come centrally and get into goal scoring positions. I feel that if Ozil plays anywhere to even half the standard he can do having the chance to find the likes Pepe, Aubamayang and Lacazette in and around the box could be big trouble for teams.

Think United and Arsenal will surprise people this season and perhaps Tottenham could maybe fall away as there seems to be questions regarding Poch and whether or not hes manager or head coach, for signings etc. Somethings not been sorted since last season, if they'd won the CL as many mentioned and as he did, he would of left.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I can see arsenal playing similar style to pool. Laca drop deep and let the winger attack the space behind him. 

I don't think emery fancy Ozil. But against a weak team he can switch to 4231 bring Ozil in as no 10. It is similar to pool, shaqiri as RW and salah as striker. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Solksjaer played 4312 at times last season. He can play that too and having someone like Dybala who can also play in a 2 as a second striker as well as a 10 gives them plenty options and tactical flexibility. I dont think Bruno Fernandes is as close to being done as people think plus hes hardly an attacking midfielder, I think hes more a number 8. Wan Bissaka is much better than Dalot as well, theres no doubt about it but having 2 young RBs instead of 2 makeshift RBs in Valencia and Young is a lot lot better regardless of who will play and wont play regularly I would say. Luke Shaw played almost every game last season and was arguably the only United player who was consistent from the first match to the end of the season. I think if they get Dybala in like being reported as well as talk of Moussa Dembele and Harry Maguire, as well as keeping Pogba and having older heads like Matic, De Gea, Mata in and around the squad they can definitely achieve top 4. Id say they are arguably going to be in better shape than we are in terms of strengthening areas they needed to.

The pressings been not bad so far but I am still very much concerned about us creating chances against teams who play with 10 men in front of the ball.

Regardless it must be a nice problem to have the likes of Aubamayang, Lacazette, Pepe, Ozil, Mkhitaryan at the top end of the pitch. Ozil and Mkhitaryan havent excelled recently but again I think the signing of Pepe and losing Ramsey gives those 2 players in particular the chance to play more centrally than perhaps being shunted out wide. Aubamayang out wide perhaps a waste but again I think hes still very capable and will come off the line more often than not to come centrally and get into goal scoring positions. I feel that if Ozil plays anywhere to even half the standard he can do having the chance to find the likes Pepe, Aubamayang and Lacazette in and around the box could be big trouble for teams.

Think United and Arsenal will surprise people this season and perhaps Tottenham could maybe fall away as there seems to be questions regarding Poch and whether or not hes manager or head coach, for signings etc. Somethings not been sorted since last season, if they'd won the CL as many mentioned and as he did, he would of left.

If Ole want to play diamond then Dybala and Bruno make sense, although i am not a fan of that formation. But why move Lukaku if you want to play diamond. Whenever Lukaku play as right forward/wing he looks quite good. 

Don't get me wrong AWB is better than dalot right now especially defensively, dalot is better offensively but  my point is having two young rb mean one of them will not develop. 

Sky sources understand Napoli want to sign WIlfried Zaha from Crystal Palace and are willing to pay 60m euros for the Ivory Coast international.

However, Palace’s position has not changed – Zaha is not for sale and has four years left on his contract. 

Dodi Lukebakio: Watford sell striker to Hertha Berlin for reported £20m

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49196777

Watford have sold Dodi Lukebakio to Hertha Berlin for a reported £20m, despite the striker only playing a total of 15 minutes for the Hornets.

The 21-year-old Belgian joined Watford from Anderlecht in January 2018 and was a substitute in a 2-0 Premier League defeat at West Ham the following month.

He spent last season on loan with Bundesliga side Fortuna Dusseldorf, scoring 14 goals in 34 games.

That included a hat-trick in a 3-3 draw with Bayern Munich in November.

The Belgium Under-21 international is the only player to ever score three goals in a Bundesliga game against Manuel Neuer.

"Hertha is a big club in Germany and showed a lot of interest in me," said Lukebakio after signing what his new club call a long-term deal.

"I knew very quickly that I wanted to join the club. I want to play a lot of football here and score loads of goals."

snip

Lille are pissed

Official: AC Milan beat Premier League clubs to Lille sensation Rafael Leão

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/official-ac-milan-beat-premier-league-clubs-to-lille-sensation-rafael-leao/

Serie A giants AC Milan have this afternoon confirmed the signing of Lille youngster Rafael Leao.

Lille prodigy

Leao, a 20-year-old Portuguese striker, came up through the youth ranks of Sporting CP, before making the move to Ligue 1 outfit Lille on a free transfer last summer.

After initially struggling for game-time over the early months of his debut campaign at the Stade Pierre Mauroy, Leao began to carve out consistent playing time for himself around Christmas, quickly going on to showcase his immense potential.

A purple patch of form between the middle of December and beginning of February saw the gifted hitman find the net 6 times over the space of 7 league appearances.

As such, though his goalscoring exploits waned as the campaign wore on, Leao’s talents nevertheless saw him earn a host of admirers across Europe.

fucking hypocrites!!! the same motherfuckers (Salihamidzic and Karl Heinz-Rummenigge) who publicly tapped up CHO are now on Kovac for doing the EXACT same thing with Sane!!

Man City transfer news: Leroy Sane comments see Bayern Munich chief urge manager Niko Kovac to apologise

The Bavarians are keen on the German winger, who has struggled to command a starring role under Pep Guardiola

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/man-city-transfer-news-leroy-sane-bayern-munich-niko-kovac-salihamidzic-heinz-rummenigge-a9033251.html

Bayern Munich director Hasan Salihamidzic has followed chief executive Karl Heinz-Rummenigge’s criticism of Niko Kovac’s comments by urging the Croatian to apologise to Manchester City for speaking publicly about the club’s pursuit of Leroy Sane

The German winger has been linked with a move back to the Bundesliga after struggling to hold down a first team place under Pep Guardiola. 

But after Kovac described Sane as the club’s “dream” player and admitting the Bavarians were confident of prizing him away from the Etihad, Salihamidzic has instructed the Croatian to backtrack with City angry at the public courting. 

snip

absolute cunts, the lot of 'em