Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Brendan Rodgers has spent 30m on Ayoze Perez and will now spend 45m on Lewis Dunk. Jesus christ. 

English players are so overpriced £45m for 27 year old who as only one cap for England :ph34r: madness fee for average player 

Dunk going there surely means Maguire off to United for silly money.

Don't know where their goals are going to come from with Lukaku likely leaving, but United should be significantly more dynamic this season. Assuming they get Maguire and now that they have a proper RB in Wan Bissaka their defense won't be as shite. No more relying on Smalling, Jones, and having Ashley Young out of position. I guess Rashford may play up front?

Think they'll make a couple more attacking signings at least as well. I think United will be the most improved coming into the new season out of the big clubs simply because they were starting from a lower point and will probably make the most signings. 

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Dunk going there surely means Maguire off to United for silly money.

Don't know where their goals are going to come from with Lukaku likely leaving, but United should be significantly more dynamic this season. Assuming they get Maguire and now that they have a proper RB in Wan Bissaka their defense won't be as shite. No more relying on Smalling, Jones, and having Ashley Young out of position. I guess Rashford may play up front?

Think they'll make a couple more attacking signings at least as well. I think United will be the most improved coming into the new season out of the big clubs simply because they were starting from a lower point and will probably make the most signings. 

Still think their biggest loss is Ander Herrera. Brought energy and discipline to their MF. No coincidence that when he didnt play they struggled. If Pogba can get some consistency and they find a suitable replacement for Herrera I think they could surprise a lot of people. If Lukaku stays there too they will have their 20 goals uptop.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Fekir to Betis 20m, potential 10M in bonuses and 20% of any sell on fee

Linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs just 12 months ago for £60-70m and now goes to Betis for a fraction of the price.

What happened?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs just 12 months ago for £60-70m and now goes to Betis for a fraction of the price.

What happened?

Guaranteed it was what I was going bonkers on (saying do NOT buy).

He is damaged goods. The knees.

Outside of Bayern, the Bundesliga is essentially a stepping stone league. Players know they can go to a medium size German club, develop well, and then move to a bigger club elsewhere. Seems the clubs are using that to their advantage. They want top English talent to develop and turn a major profit on.

Outside of Bayern, the Bundesliga is essentially a stepping stone league. Players know they can go to a medium size German club, develop well, and then move to a bigger club elsewhere. Seems the clubs are using that to their advantage. They want top English talent to develop and turn a major profit on.
Same could be said about a number of leagues right now (Juve & PSG aside).

Nicolas Pepe deal ‘almost done’ as Man Utd and Liverpool-linked winger nears Lille exit

NICOLAS PEPE’s time with Lille is “almost done” and the forward has “big offers” from across Europe.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1156758/Nicolas-Pepe-Man-Utd-Liverpool-Lille-Premier-League

That is what Lille president Gerard Lopez has confirmed, with Premier League trio Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all linked with the winger.

Pepe supplied 23 goals and 12 assists in 41 matches across all competitions last term as Lille finished second to Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1.

That has seen the 24-year-old tipped to take the next step, with United believed to have watched the player’s progress while Liverpool have also been linked. 

The European champions dismissed rumours last month, with reports indicating club chiefs branded the speculation as “pure lies” with sporting director Michael Edwards also said to have phoned Lille boss Christophe Galtier to declare that Liverpool have no interest to act upon.

snip

I think he is soon at Manure, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:rant:

the relationship that you had in college where neither party wanted to break up with the other because neither person felt like exerting the effort to end it

lolololol

Gareth Bale

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/7/23/20703821/bayern-munich-gareth-bale-jerome-boateng-christian-eriksen-james-rodriguez-real-madrid-nicolas-pepe

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane reversed course a bit and blamed some of the statements he’s had on his “suspect” Spanish — which is rather hilarious given the reports of Bale’s own suspect (or rather MIA) Spanish:

At times my Spanish is very suspect. I want to be very clear about this. Firstly, I have not disrespected anybody and least of all the player. I have always said the same, the players are the most important and every time I am with a player here I will be with them always. The second thing, I said the club is trying to sell him. Third point, I think it is very important and crucial to say that the other day Gareth did not play because he did not want to.

Now we are going to re-initiate. He will train with us today. He will train with the squad today but tomorrow is tomorrow. You can ask all you want but I responded to the first question that was asked. Gareth is a Real Madrid player. That is the most important thing, he is a player for the squad.

Arsenal offer Reiss Nelson on loan in £65m bid for Crystal Palace ace Wilfried Zaha

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/22/arsenal-offer-reiss-nelson-loan-65m-bid-crystal-palace-ace-wilfried-zaha-10438171/

Arsenal have raised their bid for Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha by offering £65million plus Reiss Nelson on loan. The Gunners have been frustrated in their pursuit of the Ivory Coast winger and have had two bids rejected by the Eagles. Palace have already made £55m from Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s move to Manchester United and are under no financial pressure to sell Zaha, who they value at £90m. Arsenal had offered the likes of Carl Jenkinson, Mohamed Elneny and Calum Chambers in previous discussions with Palace but the Independent claim they’ve now offered highly-rated youngster Nelson.

Nelson thrived last season on loan at Hoffenheim and had been expected to form part of Arsenal’s first team squad this term. The report claims Arsenal’s new bid is around £55m up front, as well as £10m further in add-ons. Palace are understood to have rejected the proposal as they want a far larger fee for Zaha and they also want any player coming the other way to move permanently.

snip

Joelinton pictured in Newcastle United shirt ahead of £40million club record switch from Hoffenheim

Hoffenheim striker Joelinton 'spotted' at St James' Park ahead of potential club record deal

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joelinton-pictured-newcastle-united-shirt-16632904

Newcastle United will announce a record-breaking deal for striker Joelinton as they kick off their summer recruitment with the biggest transfer in the club’s history.

The Brazilian forward has been pictured at St James’ Park in the club’s home shirt after the Magpies agreed a £40million deal for the striker. That smashes the previous barrier held by Michael Owen – but which could have been beaten by the winter deal for Miguel Almiron depending on certain stipulations being met.

Joelinton has been given a tour of St James’ Park and an announcement is imminent for the deal that Newcastle have been working on for months.

snip

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

the relationship that you had in college where neither party wanted to break up with the other because neither person felt like exerting the effort to end it

lolololol

Gareth Bale

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/7/23/20703821/bayern-munich-gareth-bale-jerome-boateng-christian-eriksen-james-rodriguez-real-madrid-nicolas-pepe

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane reversed course a bit and blamed some of the statements he’s had on his “suspect” Spanish — which is rather hilarious given the reports of Bale’s own suspect (or rather MIA) Spanish:

At times my Spanish is very suspect. I want to be very clear about this. Firstly, I have not disrespected anybody and least of all the player. I have always said the same, the players are the most important and every time I am with a player here I will be with them always. The second thing, I said the club is trying to sell him. Third point, I think it is very important and crucial to say that the other day Gareth did not play because he did not want to.

Now we are going to re-initiate. He will train with us today. He will train with the squad today but tomorrow is tomorrow. You can ask all you want but I responded to the first question that was asked. Gareth is a Real Madrid player. That is the most important thing, he is a player for the squad.

They just cant get rid of him, too high wages, too old and injury prone. But the way they treated him is shameful and classic entitled RM. He scored what like 4 goals in 3 Cl finals including two winning goals. This man would have a statue at any other club. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

lolololol

Gareth Bale

The treatment of Bale in Spain has been nothing short of disgrace. He may have had a lot of injuries, he may be inconsistent when fit but the guy has scored a number of important goals in their last few trophy hauls and yet, gets treated like shit.

On the other hand, it's within his rights to stay and "milk" his big fat contract but from a person's perspective, I don't really get why Bale has been hell bent on staying at Madrid all these years. Gets treated like shit despite helping the team to success. Does he not have some self dignity/self pride? Is the money really that important to him? Money is money but kinda hard to believe a human is willing to tolerate getting disrespected/abused by basically everyone around on a weekly basis for the money.

Also, this Bale situation is another example why clubs should never offer players ridiculous amount of wages. So hard to get rid of when that player is past their peak.