Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Looking forward seeing Ianis Hagi in action for Genk. Lot’s of big teams were after him..
Is the son of.. really that good? 
His success has come in Romania after a failed spell with Fiorentina, so it's hard to judge where he's at.

A smaller set up might prove more beneficial at his age.

3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Looking forward seeing Ianis Hagi in action for Genk. Lot’s of big teams were after him..

Is the son of.. really that good? 

So far only hyped because of his father. If he wasn't Hagi's son he would be just one Romanian guy who was once played for Fiorentina Primavera, noone would've known him.

I think it happens many time. Justin Kluivert is overhyped because of his last name. It's like the whole world wants to see him making it.

7 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

So far only hyped because of his father. If he wasn't Hagi's son he would be just one Romanian guy who was once played for Fiorentina Primavera, noone would've known him.

I think it happens many time. Justin Kluivert is overhyped because of his last name. It's like the whole world wants to see him making it.

Not really though, you are very very wrong, Ianis is head and shoulders the best player of his current generation, arguably the best one since the Golden generation of USA 1994. Everybody used to think he's hyped because he is Hagi's son but you must watch him play to see he is sooo good, hits the ball so clean with both feet and his hitting technique is so smooth. A pure no 10 with a great vision, for me the same playing style of Kevin de Bruyne only with a monster work rate. And he is a clever guy with a top education and 'big balls' on the pitch, not affraid to go into tackles and very charismatic, has a strong attitude. 

Hagi and Popescu (ex Barcelona captain) negociated for months the best deal/option for Ianis, Popescu said Barcelona and Man City made monster offers, but Barcelona wanted to loan him to Valladolid and City to loan him to some other team. 

Keep an eye on him, he's destined for great things, if not next summer, than the summer of 2021 he's off to a top team for big money. For me Genk is the best place now if they keep their attacking style like in the last season, Ianis going to simply thrive in that system.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Keep an eye on him, he's destined for great things, if not next summer, than the summer of 2021 he's off to a top team for big money. For me Genk is the best place now if they keep their attacking style like in the last season, Ianis going to simply thrive in that system.

That was indeed one of the decision makers for him. Playing style and also playing opportunities, 6 games in the Cl are a nice bonus.

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Not really though, you are very very wrong, Ianis is head and shoulders the best player of his current generation, arguably the best one since the Golden generation of USA 1994. Everybody used to think he's hyped because he is Hagi's son but you must watch him play to see he is sooo good, hits the ball so clean with both feet and his hitting technique is so smooth. A pure no 10 with a great vision, for me the same playing style of Kevin de Bruyne only with a monster work rate. And he is a clever guy with a top education and 'big balls' on the pitch, not affraid to go into tackles and very charismatic, has a strong attitude. 

Hagi and Popescu (ex Barcelona captain) negociated for months the best deal/option for Ianis, Popescu said Barcelona and Man City made monster offers, but Barcelona wanted to loan him to Valladolid and City to loan him to some other team. 

I agree, he is not over-hyped, he is a really good young player.

4 hours ago, Hamilton said:

That was indeed one of the decision makers for him. Playing style and also playing opportunities, 6 games in the Cl are a nice bonus.

Viitorul (Romanian for 'future') is Hagi's club with maybe the best football academy in Eastern Europe. They play, as I like to say, a 'disciplined gung ho' football, especially at home they are a joy to watch, young players born 2000, even 2001 dominating big clubs and creating tons and tons of chances. Hagi invested a lot of money in that academy but now it is a gold mine. Marin at Standard, now Ianis, you will see others joining Jupiler League in the coming years for sure. Stanciu and Chipciu in Anderlecht were frauds and everybody in Romania believed Anderlecht were fools to even get them, nevermind pay that money. 

55 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Viitorul (Romanian for 'future') is Hagi's club with maybe the best football academy in Eastern Europe. They play, as I like to say, a 'disciplined gung ho' football, especially at home they are a joy to watch, young players born 2000, even 2001 dominating big clubs and creating tons and tons of chances. Hagi invested a lot of money in that academy but now it is a gold mine. Marin at Standard, now Ianis, you will see others joining Jupiler League in the coming years for sure. Stanciu and Chipciu in Anderlecht were frauds and everybody in Romania believed Anderlecht were fools to even get them, nevermind pay that money. 

Dennis Man looks to be a good young RW

Steaua București

super pacey

decent shot

Image result for Dennis Man

Plenty of talk about Ajax overpaying for Marin. It will be interesting to see if he can play a significant part in filling the void left by de Jong.

21 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Plenty of talk about Ajax overpaying for Marin. It will be interesting to see if he can play a significant part in filling the void left by de Jong.

Totally different type of players if you ask me, Razvan Marin is more Van de Beek than de Jong

On 19/07/2019 at 11:59 PM, LAM09 said:

Plenty of talk about Ajax overpaying for Marin. 

Overmars must see potential in Marin that's probably why they paid the fee for him overmars is doing a good job being DOF for Ajax I read that overmars got de Jong for one euro from  Willem II smart business 

8 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Totally different type of players if you ask me, Razvan Marin is more Van de Beek than de Jong

Last year he played 12 games at DMF, 4 at AMF and 31 at CMF so seems a bit of both van de Beek and de Jong, at least in terms of positional play. That said, 10 goals and 9 assists is more direct production than de Jong, so I could see you argument.. At around 10 million quid, I do not think Ajax overpaid. There just are not that many young, super versatile MFers out there who truly can play all 3 major positions well. I tip Marin to have a great season.

Tottenham 'name their price' for Christian Eriksen as Atletico Madrid prepare bid

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-name-price-christian-eriksen-18457078

Tottenham have named their price for prized asset Christian Eriksen as Spanish giants Atletico Madrid look set to bid for the Danish playmaker.

According to AS , an emissary authorised by the north London club met with Miguel Angel Gil, Chief Executive Officer of Atletico, to discuss the sale of the midifelder.

The same report suggests Eriksen will be available for €60-70million.

The 27-year-old joined Spurs back in the summer of 2013 from Dutch giants Ajax, costing the club just £12m at the time. Eriksen signed new contract back in 2016 but that contract expires at the end of the season.

snip

Zinedine Zidane drops huge Paul Pogba to Real Madrid transfer hint

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/zinedine-zidane-drops-huge-paul-18459102

Manchester United will do well to prevent Paul Pogba from leaving this summer and Zinedine Zidane has hinted a move to Real Madrid could be on the cards, according to GOAL .

The midfielder joined the Red Devils from Juventus for £89 million three years ago, but recently admitted he was looking to seek new challenges in his career.

Maurizio Sarri 's side have been linked with a swoop for Pogba however, reports have suggested he favours the Spanish capital and that Madrid have made him their top target.

Real look as though they mean business with key signings including Eden Hazard , Luka Jovic and Ferland Mendy needing to perform as the club strive to regain the ground they lost to Barcelona last season.

On the subject of Pogba and his future, Zidane suggested that Madrid's shopping list is not yet complete and that further signings could come through the door at the Bernabeu.

He said: "We need to respect everybody, but the only thing I can say from the club is we know what we want to do. Something could happen before the end of August. We could have some changes."

Last month, Pogba spoke publicly about the situation and revealed he was keen to explore new opportunities which could mean leaving Old Trafford.

He said: "I think for me, it can be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else."

snip

Zinedine Zidane claims Real Madrid ‘have a plan’ to sign Paul Pogba from Manchester United

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/20/zinedine-zidane-claims-real-madrid-plan-sign-paul-pogba-manchester-united-10432474/

Real Madrid remain in pursuit of Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba with manager Zinedine Zidane claiming they ‘have a plan’ as they track his signature. The 26-year-old declared his desire to leave Old Trafford earlier in the summer and Real have made no secret of their interest in bringing him to Spain. However, United are very keen to keep hold of the World Cup winner and have ruled out letting him move for any less than £150m. Real do not look likely to come up with that sort of cash having already spent over £270m on on Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Eder Militao, Ferland Mendy, Rodrygo during this transfer window. A deal is not completely off the table, though, with Zidane remaining coy on the situation. When asked at a press conference about possibly options to bring Pogba to Madrid, the Frenchman said: ‘We have a plan with the club and we’ll see what happens. But today we are focused on tomorrow’s game [against Bayern Munich]. ‘What happens next will already be seen. You know many things, but we will see. Lots of things can happen.’

snip

David De Gea agrees six-year Manchester United contract worth £117m to become world's highest-paid goalkeeper

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/20/david-de-gea-agrees-six-year-manchester-united-contract-worth/

David De Gea will become the world’s highest paid goalkeeper after agreeing a new six-year contract with Manchester United worth around £117 million.

But Romelu Lukaku remains determined to quit United and is hoping Inter Milan come back with an improved offer after the Italian club had an opening £54 million bid rejected.

De Gea - who made his first appearance of pre-season in United’s 1-0 win over Inter Milan in Singapore on Saturday - will put pen to paper on the new deal, which is believed to be worth around £375,000 a week, once he returns to Manchester from the tour.

Yet while the United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, will be relieved about the clarity over De Gea’s future, Lukaku remains stuck in limbo.

Teenage striker Mason Greenwood again took full advantage of Lukaku’s continued absence with the only goal against Inter in the International Champions Cup at Singapore’s National Stadium, three days after claiming his first senior goal in the 4-0 victory against Leeds United in Perth.

Solskjaer has ruled out any prospect of Greenwood being loaned out as the 17-year-old further boosted his chances of starting United’s opening Premier League game against Chelsea on August 11.

snip

Real going to have to roll with Cuntois and Navas it looks like, it really was not realistic RM could buy De Gea, Pogba, de Ligt and Eriksen ON TOP of the massive cash they have already splashed.

I think they will deffo try for Pogba rather than Eriksen, as they are pretty light at CMF after Kroos (I think Modric is spent as a complete world class force, I really do, he has not looked the same post World Cup)

Real also is CRAZILY overloaded at left winger

Eden Hazard    
Vinícius Júnior     
Marco Asensio  
Rodrygo   
Brahim Díaz   

and Isco (who plays some at LW (14 games in last two years), even though a lot more at AMF)

BBC: Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49061557

Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is "very close to leaving" the Spanish club, says boss Zinedine Zidane.

The Wales international, 30, was left out of Real's 3-1 pre-season defeat by Bayern Munich in Houston, USA.

Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.

"I have nothing personal against him, but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done."

Bale, who has three years left on his Real contract, has won the Champions League four times since his £85m move to Madrid from Tottenham in 2013 - a world record deal at the time.

He has been linked with Premier League sides Manchester United and Spurs, German champions Bayern and also a move to the Chinese Super League.

Injury problems have limited the Welshman to 79 La Liga appearances in the past four seasons. He played 42 matches for Los Blancos last term, half of those as a substitute.

Bale was booed by home supporters at times last season, though his agent said in March the player was "very happy" and wanted to "play all his career" at the Bernabeu club.

snip

ouch, lololol, you know you are fucked when the manager says that

madness

Lewis Dunk Set to Join Leicester in £45m Deal from Brighton as Harry Maguire Nears Man Utd Move

https://www.90min.com/posts/6411237-lewis-dunk-set-to-join-leicester-in-45m-deal-from-brighton-as-harry-maguire-nears-man-utd-move

Leicester City have agreed a £45m deal to sign Brighton and Hove Albion defender Lewis Dunk, with Harry Maguire thought to be nearing a move to Manchester United.

United are thought to have agreed to make Maguire the most expensive defender in world football, with a deal of £60m plus £20m in add-ons set to take the 26-year-old to Old Trafford this summer.

snip