1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

I dont get this hate on madrid. This is their net spend for the last 5 seasons:

2018-19: -30mil euros

2017-18: +88mil euros

2016-17: -7.5mil euros

2015-16: -70mil euros

2014-15: -13mil euros

Total: -32.5 mil euros.

They have spent a total of 32.5 mil euros in 5 years. let that sink in. Winning 3 CLs. in the same time period, we have spent 200mil pounds on crass like DD, morata, baka, alonso, zappa and we are the ones to cry and moan about them spending. LOL

Because their team was already built prior to that. And they spent alot back then.

They will spend 300m this summer, 300m next (+earn some cash from deadwood sales)

Obviously they wont have to buy much after that because they will invest heavily in next two years. But the point still stands.

As for us, I have been saying we actualy spent alot too and its almost impossible to believe what we have to show now. We along United are the worst run club out there. 

Anyway what people hate about Real is their entitlement. I personaly dont care if City spends, if we spend, if real spends. Its how football works. But it does piss me off that you have these entitled fans and club personnel who think they are something more than other spenders. Thing is all spend big money to buy titles. Some more successfull and some less. But then you see these Real fans talk about city, chelsea and other oil clubs how we ruin football, how we cant do anything without spending. Yet its Real and Barca that always steal best players from best clubs. Only time they lost a player of that calibre was Neymar to Psg. And they have the nerve to say we ruin football for spending big on players like Silva, Suarez, Hazard, Aguero, Dijk, Salah and making them world class while Real or Barca comes around they they buy those established star players from us. And the pricks feel they can have anyone in the world and more. 

When did english team get world class player from real/barca, someone who was undisputed starter there? Makelele comes to my mind, but even then Real wanted to offload him. Fabregas, Alexis, Ozil were expendable when they left. Turn the situation around and you see they have been buying players from epl every season almost. Suarez, Bale, Ronaldo, Modric, Hazard,...

They shit on epl all the fucking time and yet they always cream over epl players. Buy from outside of PL and they wont win shit. Pep barca being an  exception.

CIES Football Observatory

n°265 - 13/06/2019

Values

Most expensive big-5 league players: Salah behind Mbappé

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/265/en/

Issue number 265 of the Weekly Post presents the 100 players from the five major European leagues with the highest transfer values according to the freshly updated and further improved CIES Football Observatory algorithm. Three forwards are in the top three positions: Kylian Mbappé(€252M), Mohammed Salah (€219M) and Raheem Sterling (€208M).

Apart from strikers, the most expensive footballers per position are Alisson Becker (€107M) for goalkeepers, Trent Alexander-Arnold (€130M) for defenders and Paul Pogba (€125M) for midfielders. Lionel Messi(€167M) heads the rankings for players over 31 years of age, while Cristiano Ronaldo (€118M) tops the table for footballers aged 33 or more.

The CIES Football Observatory algorithm takes into account a wide array of variables such as age, contract, position, minutes, goals, international status, team results, etc. The estimates refer to the value for the most likely recruiting club. The price range for all of the big-5 league players can be accessed for free here. Deeper analysis is available on a consultancy basis.

wp265360x240.jpg?crc=4020999221

Transfer values, 12/06/2019 (million €)

Club - End of contract - Age - National A-team

wp265a.svg?crc=4215960414wp265b.svg?crc=3773887410

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Because their team was already built prior to that. And they spent alot back then.

They will spend 300m this summer, 300m next (+earn some cash from deadwood sales)

Obviously they wont have to buy much after that because they will invest heavily in next two years. But the point still stands.

As for us, I have been saying we actualy spent alot too and its almost impossible to believe what we have to show now. We along United are the worst run club out there. 

Anyway what people hate about Real is their entitlement. I personaly dont care if City spends, if we spend, if real spends. Its how football works. But it does piss me off that you have these entitled fans and club personnel who think they are something more than other spenders. Thing is all spend big money to buy titles. Some more successfull and some less. But then you see these Real fans talk about city, chelsea and other oil clubs how we ruin football, how we cant do anything without spending. Yet its Real and Barca that always steal best players from best clubs. Only time they lost a player of that calibre was Neymar to Psg. And they have the nerve to say we ruin football for spending big on players like Silva, Suarez, Hazard, Aguero, Dijk, Salah and making them world class while Real or Barca comes around they they buy those established star players from us. And the pricks feel they can have anyone in the world and more. 

When did english team get world class player from real/barca, someone who was undisputed starter there? Makelele comes to my mind, but even then Real wanted to offload him. Fabregas, Alexis, Ozil were expendable when they left. Turn the situation around and you see they have been buying players from epl every season almost. Suarez, Bale, Ronaldo, Modric, Hazard,...

They shit on epl all the fucking time and yet they always cream over epl players. Buy from outside of PL and they wont win shit. Pep barca being an  exception.

I have to go 09/10 to get an RM figure of net spend in triple digits (millions):

13-14: 60mil

12-13: 5mil

11:12: 47mil

10/11: 80mil

Its literally been a decade of spending quite optimally. 

I can understand your frustration mate. RM, Barca and to an extent Bayern  are like superpowers.  They do what they please, how they please and when they please. I agree with almost everything you have. My only point of contention is that RM were due a rebuild. A decade is a lifetime in footballing and thats how long they have been quite for in the market. Their spends are lower than arsenal in the same time period.

4 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I have to go 09/10 to get an RM figure of net spend in triple digits (millions):

13-14: 60mil

12-13: 5mil

11:12: 47mil

10/11: 80mil

Its literally been a decade of spending quite optimally. 

I can understand your frustration mate. RM, Barca and to an extent Bayern  are like superpowers.  They do what they please, how they please and when they please. I agree with almost everything you have. My only point of contention is that RM were due a rebuild. A decade is a lifetime in footballing and thats how long they have been quite for in the market. Their spends are lower than arsenal in the same time period.

Yes but net spend is only for ffp and balances. You still see Real and others spendnshitload of cash, including us.

Just because real managed to sell player x for 60m and buy player y for 120, it doesnt mean they spend only 60m. On paper yes, but they bought a player for 120m and they got a player for 120m, a world class player.

Pool sold Coutinho for 130?m and they bought Allison (70m) and Dijk (70m), 140m combined.

Doesnt mean they are now somehow excused because their net spent in this case was actualy 10m+. They still spend shitload and thats it. Net or not.

For the same reason I will never understand people saying we havent spent much in recent years because our net spending was very balanced. No. Thing is we still put 200m or so away on new players for couple seasons. And we did a bad business.

Net is for business perspective to keep the balances. But you still have to look at numbers that are paid for new players and its clear Real was buying heavily as do other clubs. 

Just because they will manage to sell Bale who is now considered completely useless for them for 100m (lets say), it doesnt mean they are not spending big and getting everything quality on the market just because their net spent will be lower.

When we sold Matic for 40m and bought Bakayoko for 40m, our net spent in this case was 0m. By that logic we were on the market looking for a free midfielder and got one, in reality we still spent 40m on then one of most promising DMs. Thats the net spending in a nutshell.

If we buy Drinkwater for 40m, Bakayoko for 40m and Zappacosta for 20m while selling Hazard for 110m, we make 10m profit, right? But that doesnt change the fact we spent 100m on players regardless. Therefore we are massive spenders regardless of the net surplus.

If we sold Hazard for 110 or even if we didnt; and bought someone for 20m, thats what you would consider spending rationaly and low. Regardless of the net spend.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes but net spend is only for ffp and balances. You still see Real and others spendnshitload of cash, including us.

Just because real managed to sell player x for 60m and buy player y for 120, it doesnt mean they spend only 60m. On paper yes, but they bought a player for 120m and they got a player for 120m, a world class player.

Pool sold Coutinho for 130?m and they bought Allison (70m) and Dijk (70m), 140m combined.

Doesnt mean they are now somehow excused because their net spent in this case was actualy 10m+. They still spend shitload and thats it. Net or not.

For the same reason I will never understand people saying we havent spent much in recent years because our net spending was very balanced. No. Thing is we still put 200m or so away on new players for couple seasons. And we did a bad business.

Net is for business perspective to keep the balances. But you still have to look at numbers that are paid for new players and its clear Real was buying heavily as do other clubs. 

Just because they will manage to sell Bale who is now considered completely useless for them for 100m (lets say), it doesnt mean they are not spending big and getting everything quality on the market just because their net spent will be lower.

When we sold Matic for 40m and bought Bakayoko for 40m, our net spent in this case was 0m. By that logic we were on the market looking for a free midfielder and got one, in reality we still spent 40m on then one of most promising DMs. Thats the net spending in a nutshell.

If we buy Drinkwater for 40m, Bakayoko for 40m and Zappacosta for 20m while selling Hazard for 110m, we make 10m profit, right? But that doesnt change the fact we spent 100m on players regardless. Therefore we are massive spenders regardless of the net surplus.

If we sold Hazard for 110 or even if we didnt; and bought someone for 20m, thats what you would consider spending rationaly and low. Regardless of the net spend.

I am sorry but I can't agree with this. Net spend is a much better barometer of judging someone's spend than just actual spend. It shows that a club is losing someone of x asset and buying someone of y asset. It's not just a business perspective but also makes sense from a logical perspective. A squad contains 25 players, that's it. You keep on adding players of higher value to the ones you keep on selling, your net spend will increase and so will the quality of your squad (in most cases, not when you buy DD, baka, Zappa for 100mil). A balanced net spend means you are able to sell a player of the same quality (in general) to the player you are buying, but maybe the player you are buying is better for your squad Dynamics. 

Take the pool example you gave. Why should not I look at vvd and Allison as a 10mil net buy rather than a 140 spent. Coutinho was once the heart and soul of that pool team. Everything good that pool did used to come through him. Losing someone of that quality has to be taken into account rather than just looking at who pool bought in a vacuum. 

It's a matter of perspective. I would always look at net spend rather than just spend. But each to his own.

Aston Villa have signed Brazilian striker Wesley from Club Brugge for a club-record £22m fee, subject to a work permit and international clearance. 

Sky Sports News understands Villa are confident that there will not be a problem with him receiving a work permit. 

Wesley has spent the past four seasons with Club Brugge, helping them win two league titles and two Belgian Super Cups. 

37 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If Liverpool get a forward like Timo Werner they will be scary.

They would have to change entire system for that.

Their attack is based on Mane-Firmino-Salah and if you change that, it might not work perfectly despite it looks even better on paper. The way they move around the box is outstanding and Werner doesnt have the ball abilities to compete with that. On the other side, if they had a creative midfielder like Bruno Fernandes, they get another dimension. 

All they realy need then is another CB, then they would probably win everything for next couple years.

Unless you mean Werner as a plan B/alternative to their usual 11, that would be nice option to have.

44 minutes ago, the wes said:

Aston Villa have signed Brazilian striker Wesley from Club Brugge for a club-record £22m fee, subject to a work permit and international clearance. 

Sky Sports News understands Villa are confident that there will not be a problem with him receiving a work permit. 

Wesley has spent the past four seasons with Club Brugge, helping them win two league titles and two Belgian Super Cups. 

Interesting to see how will he play in PL. One of better striker prospects, but hard to tell from just playing in belgium.

Jovic paraded today and Hazard tomorrow...I'm coming clean here but alongside Liverpool and Spurs I cannot tell you how much I want to see Madrid fucking fail season after season.
Last year they were fucking shambolic, and now it's all full on buy buy buy, I hope their little house of cards come crumbling the cunts.
Never understood the Madrid hate from those on here.

Barca on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk