Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Lack of rumours, one could not be blamed for thinking maybe the club dont want to sign anyone else, like Matt Law says (even though i think he is just hedging his bets so he is right either way)

But if another midfielder does arrive, my money is on Matias Vecino. No reason to think that, just do

On a side note re Matt Law, has anyone noticed this window that all his stories are reported after they've broken elsewhere first.  Like for example, Matt will release a story saying Chelsea eyeing Barella, and then Pedulla will have an article claiming we are watching Rabiot too, and suddenly then Matt updates his story and adds a bit about Rabiot on.  Quite clear this window and maybe last that he is getting his stories from Twitter

Just calm down please!

First there was a strong link with Paredes and everyone was skeptical about it - is he really a player for Chelsea; is he good enough and so on. Than he signs for PSG and everyone goes mad about our board being stupid for not buying him. I think that our board is starting to learn something from a lot of "bad" transfers in last years. If there is no quality midfielder available in January transfer window than we should just offer those backup minutes to our youngsters (RLC and Ampadu in this case). We don't lack depth in midfield - Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, Ampadu and even Luiz. Wait for summer and try to bring quality midfielder that will suit Sarri and will actually add something to this squad. 

Same thing about Piatek. Less than one year ago this guy was not even a top scorer in Ekstraklasa and now everyone goes mad about him because he is on fire at the moment? Even for 30M, he IS a gamble, even though he scored 2 on his debut. Remember Batshuayi? Of course you do, he was on fire in Ligue 1, scoring for fun and being one of the best scorers in Ligue 1 (behind Ibra and Cavani I think). Higuain is not a gamble, he is on loan and we can just send him back in the summer and focus on new long term striker. I don't want to be disrespectful but Fabio Quagliarella is currently setting Serie A on fire, so this should tell you enough about this league quality. If we are taking a gamble, I would rather take it on Luka Jović. 

8 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Just calm down please!

First there was a strong link with Paredes and everyone was skeptical about it - is he really a player for Chelsea; is he good enough and so on. Than he signs for PSG and everyone goes mad about our board being stupid for not buying him. I think that our board is starting to learn something from a lot of "bad" transfers in last years. If there is no quality midfielder available in January transfer window than we should just offer those backup minutes to our youngsters (RLC and Ampadu in this case). We don't lack depth in midfield - Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, Ampadu and even Luiz. Wait for summer and try to bring quality midfielder that will suit Sarri and will actually add something to this squad. 

Same thing about Piatek. Less than one year ago this guy was not even a top scorer in Ekstraklasa and now everyone goes mad about him because he is on fire at the moment? Even for 30M, he IS a gamble, even though he scored 2 on his debut. Remember Batshuayi? Of course you do, he was on fire in Ligue 1, scoring for fun and being one of the best scorers in Ligue 1 (behind Ibra and Cavani I think). Higuain is not a gamble, he is on loan and we can just send him back in the summer and focus on new long term striker. I don't want to be disrespectful but Fabio Quagliarella is currently setting Serie A on fire, so this should tell you enough about this league quality. If we are taking a gamble, I would rather take it on Luka Jović. 

Yeah...Luka Jovic I would do anything to have him as our long term striker...He is gonna be a beast in Sarriball...two footed,adept technical skills,combative and has very good aerial ability...

I suspect the papers will be full of rumours tonight, always are day before deadline (from what i remember)

Very strange not to see a single link to us with any midfielder though. Sarri wants one so i thought we'd do it for him, seeing as we got Higuain for him who we wouldnt have any other time imo

Could be a busy day regardless though, Cahill, Drinkwater, Zappacosta all possibly leaving. Think Cahill will go Arsenal or Palace, Drinkwater West Ham or Fulham, Zappa back to Italy 

17 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I suspect the papers will be full of rumours tonight, always are day before deadline (from what i remember)

Very strange not to see a single link to us with any midfielder though. Sarri wants one so i thought we'd do it for him, seeing as we got Higuain for him who we wouldnt have any other time imo

Could be a busy day regardless though, Cahill, Drinkwater, Zappacosta all possibly leaving. Think Cahill will go Arsenal or Palace, Drinkwater West Ham or Fulham, Zappa back to Italy 

Yes, and it wouldn't surprise me if we failed to replace any of them.

42 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Even in yesterday's presser it seemed that Maurizio had not yet given up hope. When asked about this he said something like, the club know my opinion on this and we will have to see what happens. That doesn't sound like a man who knows that there is no possibility of any further incoming transfers. It sounds like a man who thinks there is a chance that something will happen.

43 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Not sure who backs up Dave should Zappa leave so I think that's a potential move we might be wise to avoid.

3 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Just calm down please!

You surely can't be happy with mediocre?

OK we have a plethora of players in CM but the majority offer us nothing in terms of goals nor assists.

The only reason I'd keep either RLC or Ross on is for HG

49 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Even in yesterday's presser it seemed that Maurizio had not yet given up hope. When asked about this he said something like, the club know my opinion on this and we will have to see what happens. That doesn't sound like a man who knows that there is no possibility of any further incoming transfers. It sounds like a man who thinks there is a chance that something will happen.

Not sure who backs up Dave should Zappa leave so I think that's a potential move we might be wise to avoid.

yes i seen that presser, definitely did not sound like a manager who has been told he wont get his midfielder.  Like Matt Law potentially claimed

Chelsea fans FUMING at surprise Cesc Fabregas replacement - ‘Sign Fekir instead!’

CHELSEA are reportedly lining up a surprise move for Watford’s Abdoulaye Doucoure - and fans are not happy.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/756870/Chelsea-transfer-news-Abdoulaye-Doucoure-Watford-Cesc-Fabregas-Maurizio-Sarri-deadline-day

6 hours ago, Nicco said:

We ain't signing anyone, why bother..

Well seeing as there IS actually a thread for the purpose AND we do have this awful history of panic buying it might just be a busy thread!

Full of very piss poor players!

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Not happening, Watford have said he is't going anywhere. Even if he did come, he's just another fucking panic buy.

Well actually I can’t see we are finishing better position than where we are now with this bunch of unmotivated players we have. Don’t care what people said about buying titles, etc. We need some change in the team and buying players might be one way to start (or maybe the only way left) to save the season.