Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Looks like Shitty really want/wanted him.

same as Jorginho?

Pep may have won again

let's HOPE NOT

In Vespers Book of Truth

sometimes the best deals are those best left undone

Now 

that said, this is such a small outlay lets hope he just bought the next Mbappe:D

CIES Football Observatory

n°247 - 21/01/2019

Values

Best transfers from an economic standpoint

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/247/en/

Issue number 247 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents big-5 league players whose current estimated value exceeds the most the fee paid by recruiting teams during last summer. Rodri Hernández (+€45 million) tops the table for fee-paying transfers ahead of Lucas Torreira (+€44m), while Emre Can (+€45m) heads the rankings for free agents ahead of Stefan de Vrij (+€39m).

Juventus and Liverpool are the only teams with three recruits in the top 20 tables: Emre Can, Cristiano Ronaldo and João Cancelo for the former club, as well as Xherdan Shaqiri, Alisson Becker and Fabinho Tavares for the latter one. The excellent performances of both these players and their employer teams explain in large part the magnitude of the gap observed.

Seven other clubs have more than one representative in the top 20 lists: Inter Milan (de Vrij and Asamoah), Napoli (Younes and Ruiz), Real Betis (López and Canales), LOSC Lille (Bamba and Ikoné), Everton (Bernard and Richarlison), West Ham (Wilshere and Anderson) and Arsenal (Torreira and Guendouzi). Current values were estimated using the exclusive CIES Football Observatory algorithm.

wp247360x240.jpg?crc=316181474

Gap between fee paid and current estimated value (million €)

Big-5 league players recruited in summer 2018

wp247a.svg?crc=4267154319

wp247b.svg?crc=4094105314

A striker will change the whole dynamic 

We are paralysed in the final third.

If we can wrap up Higs and a few other prospects, then good move. If Higs can get us to the summer and then be happy to play second fiddle / super sub for next season, I think it will be a good bit of business.

We just lack real depth in that department and it's a shame Costa went, he was the closest to a Drogba-esque player we have had. His bad boy reputation went against him 

The Main Stream Media have a real hard on for hounding Chelsea at the moment- it's no surprise with the institutional racism displayed towards Russia at every turn. Russia are blamed for everything, I got a flat battery the other day, I'm sure if I had told the BBC a Russian did it, it would be breaking news...

I think Roman has the patience to ride out the storm - but I do worry where the anti-Russia rhetoric is going. 

Oh well none of us know the future, so might as well be glass half full and hope for the best 👍

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Batceloma signing KP Boateng as striker back up - they also love their weird transfers

The crazy career of Kevin-Prince Boateng:

2004–2000 - Hertha BSC II

2005–2007 - Hertha BSC

2007–2009 - Tottenham Hotspur

2009 - Borussia Dortmund (loan)

2009–2010 - Portsmouth

2010–2013 - AC Milan

2013–2015 - Schalke 04

2016 - AC Milan

2016–2017 - Las Palmas

2017–2018 - Eintracht Frankfurt

2018–2019 - Sassuolo

2019 - Barcelona

Chelsea's January transfer plans - What Sarri said, who the fans want and what will happen

The Blues are trying to get some deals over the line

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-january-transfers-icardi-higuain-15710298

Manchester City concede defeat to Paris Saint-Germain over Ajax star Frenkie de Jong

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/21/manchester-city-concede-defeat-to-paris-saint-germain-over-ajax-star-frenkie-de-jong-8369704/

Manchester City have all but given up hope of signing Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong after seeing Paris Saint-Germain gazump their offer to the Dutchman, Metro.co.uk understands. Pep Guardiola had earmarked the 21-year-old as a long-term replacement for Fernandinho and the youngster’s representatives had intimated to City that the midfielder was keen on a move to the Etihad.

City intensified their search for a defensive midfielder after Jorginho opted for Chelsea last summer and Guardiola had settled on pursuing de Jong after conducting a wide background check on the midfielder that included speaking to former team-mate and Netherlands boss Ronald Koeman. Barcelona appeared to pose the biggest threat to City’s chances but Paris Saint-Germain’s emergence has blown both parties out of the water with City unwilling to enter into a costly tug-of-war.

City had been willing to pay around £50m for the Dutchman and pay him wages of around £100,000-a-week that would include incremental rises. However, PSG are offering closer to £200,000-a-week and City will refuse to match their offer as they cannot justify such an outlay on a relatively unproven 21-year-old.

snip

I see NO way Barca will match those wages either

I so so wonder what that means for de Ligt, as they both wanted a package deal together

PSG already have 3 superb CB's in Marquinho, Presnel Kimpembe, and Thilo Kehrer, so cant see them ALSO going for de Ligt, unless they sell one of those 3.

Barca surely will now go after de Ligt with a vengeance.

Pep is quickly running out of true DH DMF options

Surely he goes all out for Neves or Rodri (if he can bully Atletico Madrid into selling) now. I just cannot see him rating Julian Weigl that high.

Especially if Paredes moves to us (or PSG, as de Jong is far than just a DH DMF, he can play almost anywhere in the pitch save for GK and CF)

I hope he stays the fuck away from Sandro Tonali:angry:

This (Neves to Shitty) might be a reason for this

Report: Wolves join race for £26m Celta Vigo star Stanislav Lobotka

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/21/do-report-wolves-join-race-for-26m-celta-vigo-star-stanislav-lob/

On 1/21/2019 at 9:49 PM, Muzchap said:

We just lack real depth in that department

Buddy. we lack good depth in every position. And positions we do have a backup it's for a like to like player.

Nobody we could really point to and say ' bring XXXX on cause he will change the game ' Unless its bringing anyone on to replace Willian.

We need several new starters and use the current lads for depth.

But of course with our one out one in I can't see it as we dont even shift our deadwood.

We are the wood hoarders of the PL.

For most clubs, losing a star like Frenkie De Jong would be a killer. For Ajax, it's their business model

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/blog/espn-fc-united/68/post/3757094/for-most-clubs-losing-a-star-like-frenkie-de-jong-would-be-a-killer-for-ajax-its-their-business-model

great article :D

What a player that boy de Jong is. Brilliant signing for Barca. Will take over from Busquets in the long run but will probably play with him as he is a multifunctional player who can play as a 6, 8 or as a CB in a back 3. Barca trying to get de Ligt as well. Another huge huge talented Dutch player. 

Jean Pyerre, 20, is still well under the radar because he's only had cameos in 18, but will likely get a lot of playing time this season at gremio. I should be able to catch a couple of libertadores matches over here.

not a whole lot of footage, but his control looks pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VaTW-_Kass

* been hearing a lot about him

23 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Barca are going to have a problem with all these first team quality midfielders. If they sign Rabiot as well then they have too many to give enough playing time to them all.

they are going to dump

Ivan Rakitic

Arturo Vidal (maybe)

Denis Suárez

Philippe Coutinho

Rafinha (if he recovers enough to sell)