Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Our biggest weakness apart from striker situation is nr. 10 position IMO. City struggled when Silva and KDB were injured, not because Gundogan and Bilva are not good midfielders but because they didn't have a creative force in midfield. Liverpool struggled to break down teams that defended deep when they played Wijnaldum-Milner... Look at their scores when Shaqiri starts in nr. 10 position, they are scoring for fun. They both have much better trio upfront but with lack of support they can't produce miracles. The same with us... Kovacic and Kante are probably worldclass midfielders but they can't create. They are b2b midfielders and they need creative player alongside... Barkley used to be this kind of player at Everton but right now he is "too safe" with backwards and sideways passing. Fabregas would be the best choice right now.. Maybe RLC but I am not sure. 

Mason Mount seems like an option for this position or James Maddison from Leicester. Someone with that flair... I would even try Hazard there with Odoi in his natural left wing position. 

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Mason Mount is nowhere near ready, not only that but he is not as good as people make out.

He is 1000 lightyears away from being ready for our first team. He needs to statt eating 3 large meals a day because he is far too lightweight for mens football.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

With the lack of top available strikers out there, how about any AM players that are goal scorers like Firmino was before he went to Liverpool?

Fekir I guess would be the obvious one of that ilk. 

I think if we had a couple of players supporting the striker with 10-15 goals a season, then the striker probably only needs 15-20 himself.

The problem we have is our strikers don't score and we don't generate nearly enough goals out wide with the exception of Hazard.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Fekir I guess would be the obvious one of that ilk. 

I think if we had a couple of players supporting the striker with 10-15 goals a season, then the striker probably only needs 15-20 himself.

The problem we have is our strikers don't score and we don't generate nearly enough goals out wide with the exception of Hazard.

We have 0 goals in this team.  RLC in midfield and Pedro provide some, but not enough to compensate.  I was really really hoping that Morata would come good under Sarri.  Every other CF under him has had career years.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Mason Mount is nowhere near ready, not only that but he is not as good as people make out.

a lot of our fans go incredibly over the top with our academy players.  Dont help when that chelseayouth arsehole on twitter makes out they are world class.  And then gets real arsey if you disagree with him

Wasn't long ago dujon sterling and charlie colkett/lewis baker were all they wanted in the team, now they dont mention them at all and move onto the next flavour of the month, Mount and Abraham, CHO

Yes all 3 are talented but they are not ready to step into our first team yet.  Dont be daft.  Regardless how much we rate CHO, he still is not as good as Pedro or Willian, hes way off

It's quite ridiculous half the time

58 minutes ago, Strike said:

Decent shout for a summer striker signing

Werner over Icardi any day. 

Not that either is ideal, but Werner's pace and finishing ability along with lot of potential suits us much more than Icardi who is quite slow and more of a poacher.

Jovic though would be probably most realistic. He looks like young Suarez and isnt super expensive.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Werner over Icardi any day. 

Not that either is ideal, but Werner's pace and finishing ability along with lot of potential suits us much more than Icardi who is quite slow and more of a poacher.

Jovic though would be probably most realistic. He looks like young Suarez and isnt super expensive.

LOL at Icardi being 'quite slow' and 'more of a poacher'

You obviously have not watched him for 5 plus years like I have, if you make silly statements like this. He is a ruthless finisher and is superb without the ball. His shooting is better than Werner's, there is no comparison. Werner may indeed be a wee bit faster, but Werner is also in the top 5 in world in terms of pace for CF's and his shooting is erratic at times. Do not get me wrong, IF we cannot get Mauro, I would be over the moon with Werner, and I also love Jovic's potential. Any one of the 3 ticks my boxes in terms of a striker for us, but Icardi is the class of lot. Only pure striker above him in the world, IMHO, is Kane. Werner is top 10, and Jovic is already in top 15 or 20, and will rise. Piatek and Haller are the other 2 who would round out my top 5 targets for us.

Shame we never really tried the Willian plus £20m or so for Martial swap when Mourinho was still there

Then again, I think only a few of us on this board were the huge boosters of Martial as our CF, it never seemed to grab traction and I doubt the board saw him as a CF (would love to be proved wrong, but then again, that would make me even more enraged, lol)

In terms of older ones (stopgaps) here are  the only 30-somethings I truly rate

Luis Suárez (ZERO chance at getting him)

Cavani (best of the older ones, he is a freak on nature physically like CR7, Alves (was, I think he is spent now), and Fernandinho, still absolute WC at over 30yo, I figure he has 2 maybe 3 good years left in him)

Lewandowski (Bayern will want crazy money for a player who turns 31 this summer)

Sergio Agüero (obviously a no go)

Costa (grrrrrrr)

Modeste (wild card)

Edin Dzeko (maybe, he looks to be really slowing down, oly 2 league goals so far and is soon 33yo)

Higuain is a huge dice roll, I think he would be a desperation singing, but we are desperate, lololol

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You obviously have not watched him for 5 plus years like I have, if you make silly statements like this. He is a ruthless finisher and is superb without the ball. His shooting is better than Werner's, there is no comparison. Werner may indeed be a wee bit faster, but Werner is also in the top 5 in world in terms of pace for CF's and his shooting is erratic at times. Do not get me wrong, IF we cannot get Mauro, I would be over the moon with Werner, and I also love Jovic's potential. Any one of the 3 ticks my boxes in terms of a striker for us, but Icardi is the class of lot. Only pure striker above him in the world, IMHO, is Kane. Werner is top 10, and Jovic is already in top 15 or 20, and will rise. Piatek and Haller are the other 2 who would round out my top 5 targets for us.

Shame we never really tried the Willian plus £20m or so for Martial swap when Mourinho was still there

Then again, I think only a few of us on this board were the huge boosters of Martial as our CF, it never seemed to grab traction and I doubt the board saw him as a CF (would love to be proved wrong, but then again, that would make me even more enraged, lol)

Cavani (best of the older ones, he is a freak on nature physically like CR7, Alves (was, I think he is spent now), and Fernandinho, still absolute WC at over 30yo, I figure he has 2 maybe 3 good years left in him)

Lewandowski (Bayern will want crazy money for a player who turns 31 this summer)

Costa (grrrrrrr)

Modeste (wild card)

Edin Dzeko (maybe, he looks to be really slowing down, oly 2 league goals so far and is soon 33yo)

Higuain is a huge dice roll, I think he would be a desperation singing, but we are desperate, lololol

thats true. Werner is the fastest pure CF I have seen since prime Eto'o or maybe even faster but his finishing is so hit and miss in other words suits us perfectly^^

Icardi is the al-round package but not attainable. I think we got a good shot at the frankfurt strikers. Bayern will not buy all three Werner, Jovic Haller so if we can get one of them I'd be a happy man.

The older ones are stop gaps only so i hope we will stay clear. The only one who could be attainable and really cheap is Modeste who i have always been a big fan of but his contract stuff with that chinese club seems not to be cleared yet and there must be a reasonw hy no top club was in for him when he made that move

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Costa (grrrrrrr)

Modeste (wild card)

Icardi for me is the most overrated striker along with Lukaku. If he is the best out there, than the strikers are realy poor nowdays.

He isnt bad or anything, but far from a complete or great striker. Serie a suits him perfectly because he isnt fast and pace of the league hides that flaw. 

He is also positionaly great and has top finish, probably best in football right now, but he isnt great anywhere else.

For Pl he just isnt dynamic enough and if we paid 110m it could be another flop. Nothing like Morata though because it would be more case of not suiting the league rather being bad player.

Werner is miles faster. His finishing isnt great, but still good. Dont start on consistency here please, because Suarez or Cavani arent consistent finishers either, but they get into so many chances, they still end up with lot of goals. Icardi is better finisher than all, but hardly better striker.

In what sense superb with the ball? As in running in space and positioning? Indeed. But when we talk about link up and hold up, creating chances, he isnt all that much.

If Icardi doesnt score, he has often quiet game. Suarez or Aguero are miles ahead in overall game.

I dont watch every inter game, but quite many of them because of Handanovic and while Icardi did improve, he doesnt give the impression of complete striker.

58 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

In what sense superb with the ball? As in running in space and positioning? Indeed. But when we talk about link up and hold up, creating chances, he isnt all that much.

If Icardi doesnt score, he has often quiet game. Suarez or Aguero are miles ahead in overall game.

Off the ball, without the ball (didn't say with the ball, although in the box with the ball he is a genius), he puts himself into great positions to score. He gets quiet at times because Inter service has not been consistently great, they have lacked a creative genius MFer for a while, but poor service also from their fullbacks, especially in 2016/17. They had João Cancelo last year, who was great, but they have once again had weak LB play, and this years RB, Sime Vrsaljko (as Cancelo left for Juve), has been injured a lot.

Inter are my favourite Italian team, actually my favourite non-Chels team period, have been for ages, so it isnt like I am heartbroken if he stays there, but obviously would prefer him here, as Chelsea has 99.99% of my footballing heart.

Werner would also be wonderful, do not get me wrong on that:)