Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

11 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Who do we think will leave us this window then?

My guess is Drinkwater on loan, Fabregas on a free, Moses and potentially Zappacosta.  Incoming? Not so sure, think we only would have signed one player if any, and that was a striker

No chance.

The squad is even thinner now with all the little injuries and knocks.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

No chance.

The squad is even thinner now with all the little injuries and knocks.

Agree, at best we might get a couple of million for selling Fabregas six months early. We can get far more use out of him sat in our squad as an extra option. Especially as Sarri views him as the only alternative to Jorginho in that role.

The likes of Moses and Zappacosta are clearly unsuitable for Sarri and not favoured but at the moment they provide us with experienced options to call upon at a key stage of the season when every game is vitally important at present. These sort of players should be the ones sold in the summer, beef up our transfer budget, slash the wage bill and replaced with players coming back from loan spells. In particular Reece James or Ola Aina could easily replace Zappacosta as backup to Azpi. 

I think there will only be outgoings combined with incomings, with the exception perhaps of Drinkwater.

It's obvious we need a striker but far less obvious how we're going to sort it out in January.

Big targets just won't come in January, especially those we may be able to tempt hopefully with Champions League football next season.

That essentially leaves us in the same position as last January, scratching around for a short term option to plug the gap. A 6 month loan would be a possibility but who? And we don't want a similar deal to the one we did with Giroud last year because we'll be stuck this summer trying to offload 3 strikers (4 if you include Bats) who we seemingly have no long term plans for.

Unless there is an option for a top target without getting fleeced, and we have a long term plan with moving forward then I would prefer us to take a punt on Abraham. He is far from the finished article, but at the moment he is flying for Villa and if we could get him up and running and get an early goal or two for us he could very easily ride some momentum. 

At the very least he would offer far more enthusiasm and effort than Morata at present.

12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's obvious we need a striker but far less obvious how we're going to sort it out in January.

Big targets just won't come in January, especially those we may be able to tempt hopefully with Champions League football next season.

That essentially leaves us in the same position as last January, scratching around for a short term option to plug the gap. A 6 month loan would be a possibility but who? And we don't want a similar deal to the one we did with Giroud last year because we'll be stuck this summer trying to offload 3 strikers (4 if you include Bats) who we seemingly have no long term plans for.

Unless there is an option for a top target without getting fleeced, and we have a long term plan with moving forward then I would prefer us to take a punt on Abraham. He is far from the finished article, but at the moment he is flying for Villa and if we could get him up and running and get an early goal or two for us he could very easily ride some momentum. 

At the very least he would offer far more enthusiasm and effort than Morata at present.

My West Brom mate is BEGGING us to recall Tammy, lolol.

RB Leipzig sign Amadou Haidara from Salzburg

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/rb-leipzig-sign-amadou-haidara-from-salzburg-naby-keita-1114

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/amadou-haidara-5-things-on-rb-leipzig-s-naby-keita-successor-2730-cloned-1157

grrrrrr, only £16m

was one of my real favourites 

got hurt earlier this season and it was an inside deal (as same owners of both clubs)

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Papy Djilobodji: Senegal defender signs for struggling Guingamp

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46724602

the most bizarre Chels signing in my life I think, lolol

Image result for Papy Djilobodji

Considering the fee Drinkwater has to be a strong contender though <_<

23 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Considering the fee Drinkwater has to be a strong contender though <_<

Considering the fee plus wages, Drinkwater is top 4 worst buys. Along with Torres, Morata, Bakayoko. Dishonourable mention to Bats, Shevchenko, Veron,  Wright-Phillips, Mutu, Marin, Zhirkov, Del Horno, Kezman, Crespo, Boulahrouz and Chris Sutton. Left out some I am sure.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

My West Brom mate is BEGGING us to recall Tammy, lolol.

Tammy on fire atm scored two goals today rumoured some lower PL teams want him  in January question is can he do it in the PL he's wasn't to great at Swansea when they were in the  PL but they were a poor side at that time we should loan him out to palace with tammy playing alongside zaha and townsend he would get alot of goals 

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Considering the fee plus wages, Drinkwater is top 4 worst buys. Along with Torres, Morata, Bakayoko. Dishonourable mention to Bats, Shevchenko, Veron,  Wright-Phillips, Mutu, Marin, Zhirkov, Del Horno, Kezman, Crespo, Boulahrouz and Chris Sutton. Left out some I am sure.

Crespo shouldn't be in that list. Along with Hasselbaink he's probably the best finisher during my lifetime supporting the club.

He chipped in with some very good and important goals in 2005/06. 

It was his inability to settle in England, not his performances like the rest of the players mentioned.

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

Tammy on fire atm scored two goals today rumoured some lower PL teams want him  in January question is can he do it in the PL he's wasn't to great at Swansea when they were in the  PL but they were a poor side at that time we should loan him out to palace with tammy playing alongside zaha and townsend he would get alot of goals 

You'd like to think that last season was an experience for Tammy to improve him, and to get him used to getting through periods of droughts and struggling. You're right, Swansea were so poor last year and devoid of any creativity. I think what he has at least shown in the Championship is if he's supplied, he'll score goals. He has to prove this at the next level in the Prem next but in the position we're currently in, surely its worth giving him a shot in the second half of this season.

If he struggles, he can go back out on loan to a mid-lower Prem team next season and carry on developing.

But if he proves a success then we may only need one striker in the summer, not two.

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Crespo shouldn't be in that list. Along with Hasselbaink he's probably the best finisher during my lifetime supporting the club.

He chipped in with some very good and important goals in 2015/16. 

It was his inability to settle in England, not his performances like the rest of the players mentioned.

I can agree with this, it wasnt so much a condemnation of him as a player, just that it didnt work out for us, therefore was a bad buy. 

6 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I think we need a striker this window.  Its just whether the board agree

I think this is very much a huge worry too. We all assume they are not happy with Morata. It would not shock me at all if we do nothing, literally nothing in January. Maybe some sales, but those are all speculative too.

Cahill and Cesc's wages (Drinkwater too) are so high most clubs cannot afford them due to multiple reasons (FFP in Milan's case with Cesc, cheap ass owners in Cahill's case with Villa). The ones that can afford don't want them.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Bogarde, never forget Bogarde. :D 

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Bogarde, never forget Bogarde. :D 

Money for nothing, the history of Winston Bogarde.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=125370.0;wap

During his spell at Stamford Bridge, the club attempted to sell Bogarde due to his large salary, and demoted him to the reserve and youth teams in an effort to force him to leave. In response to press criticism, he responded: 'This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care.'

£17m (in 2019 quid) for four starts