Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Personally it pisses me off that we have to have ANY HG players in this day and age of free markets, open doors, one love etc.

OK there was a time when I followed England I might have felt different but as I now purely care about us i couldn't give a toss. Its all about getting the right player for the job. Whether hes green and comes from Timbuktu or SW6.

I gotta disagree. Its all about promoting youth. 

What pisses me off is that we buy fucking Drinkwaters instead of trusting our youth players.

We have Tomori, James, Mount, CHO, Ampadu plus Barkley and RLC. Add 3rd GK and we are set. But the board will buy some dead average players on inflated english fees instead. 

Only exceptions would be Ramsey who is free or someone like Sancho, Lookman or Chillwell who look like real deals.

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I gotta disagree. Its all about promoting youth. 

What pisses me off is that we buy fucking Drinkwaters instead of trusting our youth players.

We have Tomori, James, Mount, CHO, Ampadu plus Barkley and RLC. Add 3rd GK and we are set. But the board will buy some dead average players on inflated english fees instead. 

Only exceptions would be Ramsey who is free or someone like Sancho, Lookman or Chillwell who look like real deals.

I hear you loud and clear but we will never be contenders for 4th place let alone to come 1st or anywhere champs in Europe with a bunch of youth - IMHO.

In a perfect world we would bring them in as starters as soon as they were old enough to leave the academy. But its been my experience that hardly 1 of our supposedly amazing academy has gone on ANYWHERE to get any sort of GOOD reputation.

They dont have to even come into the 1st team - just go on to better things after the academy. You should expect at least 1 or 2 to make a good name for themselves/ But they go to a feedr club on loan (supposedly a step or 2 down the ladder from us) and you would expect them to shine! Why dont they?

The reason I always thought that Morris etc had got the TEAMS working great AS A UNIT. They were very strong together and blasted most others of similar class away. But when it came time for them to become individuals they were lost without the others. Thats how I see it.

The ones you mention SHOULD ALL work out in the 1st team but they dont take their chances and step up when the time comes. It infuriates me.

I'm all for giving them all a shot - and yes I do think they could/should get more minutes under every manager we have had. But historys shown me they just don't work out.

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

This is going to be a BIG problem for us I think.

Chelsea aim to buy British in bid to comply with Premier League rules as six homegrown players could leave

Chelsea will focus their attentions on the British market in the next two windows

The Blues want new homegrown talent to comply with quota rules next season

Six current homegrown players face uncertain futures under Maurizio Sarri

They include Gary Cahill, Cesc Fabregas, Danny Drinkwater and Victor Moses

had posted it earlier

plus made a list of every possible HG worth a shit who is remotely available

On 12/16/2018 at 10:31 PM, Unionjack said:

Good gal. GMTA!! (͡ ͡° ͜つ ͡͡°)

GK Angus Gunn

LB Ryan Sessegnon

LB Ben Chilwell 

RB Aaron Wan-Bissaka (super pacey, an interesting player, shame he is not a LB)

CMF Morgan Gibbs-White 

LW Jadon Sancho 

LW Ollie Watkins (22yo, tracking to 17 or so goals, 7 or 8 assists for Brentford, Arse, Spuds, LoserPool sniffing him up)

RW Wilfried Zaha

RW Reiss Nelson 

4 hours ago, the wes said:

If his value that much I can't even see bayern pay that for him 

Bayern will probably pull their usual; tap the player up, talk him into running down his contract, then get him on a Bosman. All perfectly legal in Germany of course but it has a knock-on impact. Everyone in Germany knows that's how it goes so, if Bayern make a low looking offer for a player clubs pretty much know the will eventually loose him for nothing so they face an added pressure to accept those low offers.

48 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

New LB and ST are must in January window

Selling Drinkwater, Cahill, Moses, Emerson and Morata should give the team plenty of funds

I'd still Bakayoko and Bats in with that lot too. Also probably Cescy as he will want to leave.

We really must start comig to terms about Eden and what we will get for him and replacement.

All this should have happened in the summer of course but we didn't have a manager OR a DOF which is still AWOL.

We have to chuck out these rose tinted specs as we are going to be in a right mess if we aren't careful.

IMHO of course ( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)

FourFourTwo's 100 Best Football Players in the World 2018: first 20 names released

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-best-football-players-world-2018-100-81

Ranking the best footballers every year is a nigh-on impossible task to get 'right' – mainly because there is no way to do so without aggravating at least some impassioned fans who will tell you straight up that Pablo Hernandez is the greatest human being that ever lived and if anyone is above him they can absolutely do one. OK fine, just Leeds fans then. 

But we at FourFourTwo Towers like to stick our necks on the chopping block each year, because frankly, you lot love it. This is the 12th consecutive edition of the #FFT100, and we're still going strong thanks to our trusted band of writers from around the world who help us compile this list. Even they can't agree, though, so we've had to weigh in with some opinions of our own to separate these superstars of 2018. 

First up, a note: this list of the best footballers in the world is largely derived from performances over the calendar year, but as ever we feel there should be a nod to overall class as well. After all, does one good – or bad – year define a player as such? We think not. You may disagree. 

We'll be revealing our list throughout the week, kicking off with the men at 100-91. Who will reign supreme? You're about to find out... 

snip

Liverpool handed major boost as PSG chief confirms Adrien Rabiot wants to leave

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/17/liverpool-handed-major-boost-psg-chief-confirms-adrien-rabiot-wants-leave-8258599/

Liverpool have received a major boost in their pursuit of Adrien Rabiot after Paris Saint-Germain’s sporting director Antero Henrique confirmed that the midfielder will not be signing a new contract.

The 23-year-old has been in negotiations with the French champions for several months with his current deal due to expire at the end of the season. But Henrique admits PSG have now pulled out of talks with Rabiot and says the midfielder has indicated that he wants to leave the club.

Liverpool, meanwhile, have been monitoring Rabiot’s situation and reports in France have claimed that Jurgen Klopp‘s side have held discussions with PSG over a potential transfer. And PSG could now decide to sell Rabiot in the January transfer window to ensure that they do not miss out on a transfer fee for the France international.

snip

Barcelona set to cash in on £36m flop Malcom after Chinese club make £58m bid

Brazilian forward has made just six appearances in all competitions this term

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7998698/barcelona-profit-flop-malcom-58m-offer-china/

BARCELONA are considering selling Brazilian flop Malcom after receiving a huge £58million offer from a Chinese club.

The tricky forward has made just six appearances for the Catalan giants since he moved from Bordeaux for £36.5million.

The 21-year-old eventually got his dream move to the Spanish champions after snubbing Roma - but things haven't turned out so rosy for the Barca man.

He has made just one start in La Liga and finds himself way down in boss Ernesto Valverde's pecking order.

And Nou Camp chiefs could already be willing to part ways with their summer recruit.

According to AS, the club has received a massive offer from Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande, who are willing to splash a whopping £58million to secure his services.

snip

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Barcelona set to cash in on £36m flop Malcom after Chinese club make £58m bid

Brazilian forward has made just six appearances in all competitions this term

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7998698/barcelona-profit-flop-malcom-58m-offer-china/

BARCELONA are considering selling Brazilian flop Malcom after receiving a huge £58million offer from a Chinese club.

The tricky forward has made just six appearances for the Catalan giants since he moved from Bordeaux for £36.5million.

The 21-year-old eventually got his dream move to the Spanish champions after snubbing Roma - but things haven't turned out so rosy for the Barca man.

He has made just one start in La Liga and finds himself way down in boss Ernesto Valverde's pecking order.

And Nou Camp chiefs could already be willing to part ways with their summer recruit.

According to AS, the club has received a massive offer from Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande, who are willing to splash a whopping £58million to secure his services.

snip

I really like Malcom but for some reason when I think of him playing in the EPL, my head screams Everton.