Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

4 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I actually find it staggering that there actually Chelsea fans that wouldn't want us to sign Alexis Sanchez purely because of the financial side of things.

Have you seen our current squad? We are in desperate need of a player of his quality and talents, yet all I'm hearing is "oh but his wages would be too high".

You want the best, you pay for the best. Simple as.

The club doesn't have money for it. This is the reality, we can't pay over our capabilities.

Just now, Dingus said:

Is there a direct quote to confirm this?

Don't think so, but it is the likeliest explanation judging by our drastically degraded transfer activity after announcing stadium rebuilding plans.

7 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I actually find it staggering that there actually Chelsea fans that wouldn't want us to sign Alexis Sanchez purely because of the financial side of things.

Have you seen our current squad? We are in desperate need of a player of his quality and talents, yet all I'm hearing is "oh but his wages would be too high".

You want the best, you pay for the best. Simple as.

It's not just pay for Sanchez and got it.

If we pay like 400k/week for Sanchez so you can up the wage of all players and you blow up your global wages at short term.

First with Courtois and Hazard you will add 100k/week for each to extend them.

We have a balance to respect, and the club can't do what they want. We have not unlimited money like United/City.

The new stadium is going to cost a lot of money too.

I'm also frustrated but its not difficult to understand.

18 minutes ago, Ayioros said:

It's not just pay for Sanchez and got it.

If we pay like 400k/week for Sanchez so you can up the wage of all players and you blow up your global wages at short term.

First with Courtois and Hazard you will add 100k/week for each to extend them.

We have a balance to respect, and the club can't do what they want. We have not unlimited money like United/City.

The new stadium is going to cost a lot of money too.

I'm also frustrated but its not difficult to understand.

And if we don't have top quality talent at the club, we won't fill that 60,000 stadium either.

Sanchez signing would give Hazard a sign of intent that we are serious and want to be challenging for the top honours and he'd be more inclined to sign his new deal as opposed to holding off.

Too many people worrying about the financial side of things these days - all down to the club conditioning everyone to be that way.

Troubling times.

I'd love to see Sanchez with Chelsea shirt, but if his reported demands are true, for the weekly wages, it will blow up the whole current structure of the wages in the club, as said above. And I don't believe he actually deserves so much money, if he has such demands, he better focus to China. Of course I will be fuming if he goes to manure, because he is a player who will upgrade any team in the world. Actually I don't think Chelsea are interested in him at all, it is just has to be some other team for the media, after City were reported that they won't chase him anymore.

We'd be stupid to get him. We need to stop fucking panic buys. The board needs a director that has some sort of idea where the squad is going and buy accordingly, not pissing away money (I'm not talking 200,000 a week here!) On a 30 year old. That Lyon winger would be the smarter option. Or here's a thought, saving the money on a cm in the summer. Or a lb. Or a rwb. Or a whole host of areas in dire need. 

Sanchez wouldn't be a panic buy, a panic buy is the likes of Zappacosta and Drinkwater. Sanchez is still an elite footballer, he will give you 3-4 seasons of pure quality football and he is a complete game changer, we only have one player in our team right now who that applies too. Players of the ability of Sanchez are ten a penny now a days, and whilst the wages are high the fee isn't so it counter acts itself. People are looking too closely at the age, it's a number, not only that but who is available on the market now, and I'm talking now because it's relevant to this window, that can come into not just CFC, but any club and be THAT outstanding player? The answer is nobody.

I don't think it will happen, but I think you have to be pretty naive to think he cant make a difference wherever he goes, because he is that good.

7 minutes ago, mccg said:

Watched Monaco v Nice last night, played as the anchor man in Nice's 4-3-3, actually very, very good on the ball, he's a tidy little player maybe a bit different than Kante in terms of work rate and tackling ability. Plays a lot of forward passes, too, think he assited one of Balotelli's goals.