Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

You know the bonuses & £350k is value?

Guess wake up call is in order, if you think so.

Some of you should wake up his total transfer including everything is on par at best with Morata likely less. If we happen to want Griezmann we would need to pay twice for what we could with Sanchez.

Some of you should wake up his total transfer including everything is on par at best with Morata likely less.
He has 6 months (at best) left on his contract & no resale value. Please don't compare the two

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
5 minutes ago, Georgy said:
Some of you should wake up his total transfer including everything is on par at best with Morata likely less.

He has 6 months (at best) left on his contract & no resale value. Please don't compare the two

Resale value means shit for us. I don't even know why people talk about resale value like it's even important. We paid 15 mil for Barkley with 6 months remaining and they are paying 30 mil not much of a difference. And while his wages are big it's still likely less than if we want to upgrade on Willian/Pedro with someone like Griezmann for example.

My take on this is we aren't remotely interested on getting such players and will fork on average guys like Zaha. 

Resale value means shit for us. I don't even know why people talk about resale value like it's even important. We paid 15 mil for Barkley with 6 months remaining and they are paying 30 mil not much of a difference. And while his wages are big it's still likely less than if we want to upgrade on Willian/Pedro with someone like Griezmann for example.

My take on this is we aren't remotely interested on getting such players and will fork on average guys like Zaha. 

Our club look long term more than ever nowadays. Don't need to look further than our recent signings along with our very questionable loan system to realise that.

I'd take Griezmann over Sanchez anyday of the week despite it being a gamble. However, we can hope our board either go after a promising youngster like Malcom or Mahrez to replace below par players currently at the club in the coming weeks or Top 4 could be in serious jeopardy.

3 minutes ago, Georgy said:

As soon as Barkley signed his contract with us, he became worth about 30.  He's also on about 1/4 of what Sanchez will be on at Utd/City.

I think, with the way the club has been operating lately, that resale value (or potential resale value ) is highly valued at board level.

I hope "Conte out" brigade ll stop blaming conte when results goes down south....players like Nabil Fekir and Raphael gurreiro(if sandros price is too high) are available at a fairly reasonable price but morons in charge if transfers ll deem it too reasonable to pull a move that will immediately transform the team into a formidable side...they ll rather watch the team struggle and sign Carroll to solve our goal scoring crisis...

Sometimes I hate the way in which we play, but most of the time I am enjoying seasons and watching our games. Transfer windows? Hate them deeply. Winter, summer, anytime, it's so depressing. Watching others buying quality, watching Chelsea doing shit and getting my hopes up here and there with links to massive players (Sandro). Cannot wait January to end. <_<

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Sometimes I hate the way in which we play, but most of the time I am enjoying seasons and watching our games. Transfer windows? Hate them deeply. Winter, summer, anytime, it's so depressing. Watching others buying quality, watching Chelsea doing shit and getting my hopes up here and there with links to massive players (Sandro). Cannot wait January to end. <_<

Join the masses mate!

Our best buys are always ones where we have known our targets and got in there fast! And for whatever soddin reason we dont do it very often.

I would love to have someone in charge of transfers who understood football, understood Chelsea, was happy only doinh their job without the ego or need for power and was on good terms with whichever manager we had.

Shouldnt be too much to ask for.

MAYBE my thoughts of bringing in JT,Lamps,Drogs as a team for transfers,youth coaching,ambassadors etc would work?

20 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

On the plus side of not getting anyone in:  pretty soon we are going to be out of 2 (maybe 3) competitions, so depth won't be as much of an issue.  Silver linings, huh?

Then real test begins... Race for top 4..what fun that'll be.. 

Do find it funny how window opens..nothing..panic.. Then have people being told to calm down loads of time trust blah blah.. Then bam.. Oh its over we signed not really anyone.. That's why people get annoyed and nervous as it's the same story.. 

22 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Then real test begins... Race for top 4..what fun that'll be.. 

Do find it funny how window opens..nothing..panic.. Then have people being told to calm down loads of time trust blah blah.. Then bam.. Oh its over we signed not really anyone.. That's why people get annoyed and nervous as it's the same story.. 

We've seen the story quite a few times.  To be fair, January isn't typically that busy.  However, in our case, we didn't get our business done in the summer, so January felt/feels like an opportunity to finish what we were supposed to do in the summer.  But....  we'll see.  

I really do think we'll get a LB/LWB, but that's it.  I can't see us getting a CM or RW.

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

We've seen the story quite a few times.  To be fair, January isn't typically that busy.  However, in our case, we didn't get our business done in the summer, so January felt/feels like an opportunity to finish what we were supposed to do in the summer.  But....  we'll see.  

I really do think we'll get a LB/LWB, but that's it.  I can't see us getting a CM or RW.

No way we can survive with Morata alone

7 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

And wouldn't be surprised if this summer is what we shouldve done in January and so forth.. It always seems so positive to start then oooo. 

I can't see anyone of note coming in now.. Which is worrying.. This is gana be a long half of the season.. 

I actually find it staggering that there actually Chelsea fans that wouldn't want us to sign Alexis Sanchez purely because of the financial side of things.

Have you seen our current squad? We are in desperate need of a player of his quality and talents, yet all I'm hearing is "oh but his wages would be too high".

You want the best, you pay for the best. Simple as.