Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

20 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

Bonucci instead of luiz 

I would have loved him 2 years back but what do you think of him being 31 in may? Specially with our 1 year contracts at 30+. Maybe we use him for 2 years but we lose all money we pay for him. But then in the meantime set our sites on a younger long term lad? I'm in 2 minds.

Looking at the next 2 windows. This is what i feel we need to look for.

A creative midfielder. Out of the 4 midfield options we have only 1 is a creative player. The other 3 are defensive players. That just doesn't make any sense. Whenever we rest Fabregas we have no other creative midfield options. 

and also if we play a midfield 3 against a team that defends deep then we need 2 out of the 3 to be creative players. You don't need 2 defensive midfielders against defensive teams.

Besides all that there's also the problem that the one actual creative midfield player we have lacks any real mobility which always puts a lot of pressure on his midfield partener(s).

A second striker.  Clearly Conte doesn't trust Batshuayi. We need a dependable striker who can be counted on to lead the line when Morata is injured, suspended or rested. 

Just take a look at Man City. Aguero: 12 goals Jesus: 8 goals. 2 dependable strikers. Squad depth is important.

2 wingers for the wingback positions. Yes that's not a typo, wingers. Not fullbacks, not wingbacks, wingers. We need players who have the ability to hurt the opposition in the wide areas. Who thrive on 1on1 situations.

Right now teams are more then happy to 1 on 1 it with our wingbacks. We need to reverse that. Teams need to worry about our wingbacks. Teams need to crap their pants when they see our wingbacks go into a 1 on 1 with their player.

Also some added goalscoring ability would be nice as right now all the focus is on Morata and Hazard. If they aren't scoring we aren't scoring. Man City's front 5 all have 5 goals or more. With us only Hazard and Morata have 5 or more goals.

Now i know what you're thinking "but what about their defending ?"  We have a very solid back three and an absolute monster playing in midfield. The third cb provides extra cover.

Aslong as they possess the stamina and willingness (workrate) to move up and down the line we should be fine. I mean let's face it Alonso and Moses aren't all that great ,defensively, yet we've done well defensively.

Also a lot of winger type players don't play for top teams so they're used to having to work back and defend. Besides i'd happily sacrifice a bit of defensive solidity if it meant us being more potent going forward.

Looking at formations if feel like the 3-5-2 is the best fit for us. It allows Hazard and Kante to maximize their influence. 

Morata and Hazard flanked by some proper wingers supported by 2 creative midfielder( Fabregas+ new creative midfielder) with Kante and our back three covering we should be able to even break down those teams that sit deep and defend really narrow.

Against the top teams we could switch out Fabregas and put in Bakayoko or Drinkwater if we need more workrate in the midfield area.

4 signings, 3 starters 1 squad depth signing. That's really doable over 2 transfer windows imo.

25 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Looking at the next 2 windows. This is what i feel we need to look for.

A creative midfielder. Out of the 4 midfield options we have only 1 is a creative player. The other 3 are defensive players. That just doesn't make any sense. Whenever we rest Fabregas we have no other creative midfield options. 

and also if we play a midfield 3 against a team that defends deep then we need 2 out of the 3 to be creative players. You don't need 2 defensive midfielders against defensive teams.

Besides all that there's also the problem that the one actual creative midfield player we have lacks any real mobility which always puts a lot of pressure on his midfield partener(s).

A second striker.  Clearly Conte doesn't trust Batshuayi. We need a dependable striker who can be counted on to lead the line when Morata is injured, suspended or rested. 

Just take a look at Man City. Aguero: 12 goals Jesus: 8 goals. 2 dependable strikers. Squad depth is important.

2 wingers for the wingback positions. Yes that's not a typo, wingers. Not fullbacks, not wingbacks, wingers. We need players who have the ability to hurt the opposition in the wide areas. Who thrive on 1on1 situations.

Right now teams are more then happy to 1 on 1 it with our wingbacks. We need to reverse that. Teams need to worry about our wingbacks. Teams need to crap their pants when they see our wingbacks go into a 1 on 1 with their player.

Also some added goalscoring ability would be nice as right now all the focus is on Morata and Hazard. If they aren't scoring we aren't scoring. Man City's front 5 all have 5 goals or more. With us only Hazard and Morata have 5 or more goals.

Now i know what you're thinking "but what about their defending ?"  We have a very solid back three and an absolute monster playing in midfield. The third cb provides extra cover.

Aslong as they possess the stamina and willingness (workrate) to move up and down the line we should be fine. I mean let's face it Alonso and Moses aren't all that great ,defensively, yet we've done well defensively.

Also a lot of winger type players don't play for top teams so they're used to having to work back and defend. Besides i'd happily sacrifice a bit of defensive solidity if it meant us being more potent going forward.

Looking at formations if feel like the 3-5-2 is the best fit for us. It allows Hazard and Kante to maximize their influence. 

Morata and Hazard flanked by some proper wingers supported by 2 creative midfielder( Fabregas+ new creative midfielder) with Kante and our back three covering we should be able to even break down those teams that sit deep and defend really narrow.

Against the top teams we could switch out Fabregas and put in Bakayoko or Drinkwater if we need more workrate in the midfield area.

4 signings, 3 starters 1 squad depth signing. That's really doable over 2 transfer windows imo.

Even best teams like Real Barca Bayern sometimes struggle against parked opposition. You can have Ronaldo and Messi in same team, ball just wont go in goal.

I think it was just one of those games against everton. I wouldnt call for heads and order new players so we can break such teams next time. Sam prepared them well and it worked for them. 

BUT wins against palace and whu should be achieved yet we lost. Those two I question because we should do much better. 

Palace outplayed us in midfield ffs. We need to be in control against these teams. 

I can survive we lose on one shot they make and we dominate the game, the ball just doesnt want in. But when we get spanked in midfield by bottom half teams regardless of result is one thing that needs immediate improvement. 

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Even best teams like Real Barca Bayern sometimes struggle against parked opposition. You can have Ronaldo and Messi in same team, ball just wont go in goal.

I think it was just one of those games against everton. I wouldnt call for heads and order new players so we can break such teams next time. Sam prepared them well and it worked for them. 

BUT wins against palace and whu should be achieved yet we lost. Those two I question because we should do much better. 

Palace outplayed us in midfield ffs. We need to be in control against these teams. 

I can survive we lose on one shot they make and we dominate the game, the ball just doesnt want in. But when we get spanked in midfield by bottom half teams regardless of result is one thing that needs immediate improvement. 

While that's true i do feel with us it runs deeper then just "one of those days". There is a lack of quality in the wider areas on the ball. It allows teams to focus all their attention on the central areas and it just makes life really hard for us. 

I'm not basing this on just the Everton game. I wanted upgrades on the wingback positions last season. 

"Calling for heads" I just want to see the team improve. Alonso and Moses aren't good enough going forward for me.

While i didn't mention it in my post wingers and another creative midfielder would help us deal with opponents pressing us aswell. 

You can beat the pressing game by quick passing and movement or players individually beating their marker with the ball. 

An extra creative player would help with the first, the wingers would help with the second.

Our biggest struggles have either been teams that sit really deep and narrow or teams that press us aggressively high up the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

While that's true i do feel with us it runs deeper then just "one of those days". There is a lack of quality in the wider areas on the ball. It allows teams to focus all their attention on the central areas and it just makes life really hard for us. 

I'm not basing this on just the Everton game. I wanted upgrades on the wingback positions last season. 

"Calling for heads" I just want to see the team improve. Alonso and Moses aren't good enough going forward for me.

While i didn't mention it in my post wingers and another creative midfielder would help us deal with opponents pressing us aswell. 

You can beat the pressing game by quick passing and movement or players individually beating their marker with the ball. 

An extra creative player would help with the first, the wingers would help with the second.

Our biggest struggles have either been teams that sit really deep and narrow or teams that press us aggressively high up the pitch.

Yes I absolutely agree we need reinforcements.

My only point was that against parked bus sometimes you can have best players in the world, if its not going in its not going.

Meanwhile for games where oppo presses us, more quality players would improve us great time.

On 24/12/2017 at 1:08 PM, Unionjack said:

I would have loved him 2 years back but what do you think of him being 31 in may? Specially with our 1 year contracts at 30+. Maybe we use him for 2 years but we lose all money we pay for him. But then in the meantime set our sites on a younger long term lad? I'm in 2 minds.

i prefer to pay 40 mil for a great player as bonucci than 40 mil for young bet like bats 

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

i prefer to pay 40 mil for a great player as bonucci than 40 mil for young bet like bats 

Even tho hes on a 1 year contract and on his last legs with no resale value UNLESS its China?  I'm all for paying whatever for good skills and really did want Bonucci for ages but now I'm really in 2 minds.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Even tho hes on a 1 year contract and on his last legs with no resale value UNLESS its China?  I'm all for paying whatever for good skills and really did want Bonucci for ages but now I'm really in 2 minds.

frankly this is an abram's problem, from my point of view bonucci would improve a lot 

the construction of game and mentality of squad 

good players make difference now, good bets make difference tomorrow (maybe)

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

frankly this is an abram's problem, from my point of view bonucci would improve a lot 

the construction of game and mentality of squad 

good players make difference now, good bets make difference tomorrow (maybe)

Yeah I agree. And we could run him flat out for a couple of years no problem. Him Andras and Dave would work and give good cover for hoever is LWB.

Whats he been ike lately tho?

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah I agree. And we could run him flat out for a couple of years no problem. Him Andras and Dave would work and give good cover for hoever is LWB.

Whats he been ike lately tho?

sorry i don't understand the last sentence :ph34r::Goober:

On 12/25/2017 at 4:46 AM, Belgiannutt said:

Understand your reasoning, but we need quality to be able to switch to 4 at the back. Can't do that with wingers or Alonso. I feel this 3 CB system is starting to hold us back in certain games where we need more bodies and movement up front. Playing 3 CBs and 2-3 CMs all the time, even against bus parking minnows, seems awfully counterproductive often times. It puts too much offensive responsiblity on only two or three players going up against 6-9 defenders. Then when we can't break through, those 3 CBs just start passing the ball among each other with all the space in the world because opposition is not interested in regaining the ball, they are happy to drop deep and mark the forwards out of the game so they can't receive the ball in dangerous positions. When the ball finally goes upfield, often the receiver doesn't have enough support and has no choice but to play back again and the purposeless side-to-side passing below half-way line begins all over.

Anyway, this is why I would prefer our new LWB to be more of a LB than a LW. Somebody who is dangerous and quick going forward but also solid enough to play in a 4 defender system. We have a winger in Moses playing on one side already, and when we need to go 4 at the back we have a monster defender in Azpi to slot in there, while the more offensive minded full-back on the other side can bomb forward relentlessly. I really really want us to start using variations of 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2 at some point for us to become less predictable and more dangerous going forward when needed.

How I miss Ash...

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

What has Bonucci been like lately? Ive not watched much football this season.

...ah ok!!     ( my english is bad i know :D)

he is living a difficult season, but with conte... no problem, chelsea would take a great player 

This thread stays kind of dead so we can let this gem fly - watch Gintama's episode 151 arc, which lasts a couple episodes. It will generally transfer (now we're on topic) laughs into your stomach.