Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

I totally agree every word u wrote there :). But what players would u like to see come into the club in the summer?? 

Whoever Conte wants! haha Based off what we have all been hearing and reading about what Conte wants from his team I think he does want to move to a 2 striker system or at least have the flexibility to play both 343/352. 

Morata: He seems to be Contes #1 guy, linked in every window and seemingly the key piece for his 352. I do not think he can lead the line full time like Diego does but he is a great team player who offers something Conte has been seeking. Will score low double digit goals and link up beautifully. I think we on the board are under rating him.

Lukaku: Assuming Diego moves on Conte will want a goal scorer to match, I know we are split on him here but I can't get around the fact he is a proven PL goal scorer, Incredibly Athletic, Wants to prove he can lead Chelsea. He is still so young and I think he will be willing to learn under Conte. 

Bakayoko: Young, Physical, Talented, Familiar with the position. Bakayoko/Kante would be the most secure central midfield in the world, all while each can continue to improve under Conte. 

Van Dijk: PL Proven, Physical Beast, Comfortable with the ball. A back 3 with VD, Luiz, Azpi(Christensen) is secure and talented on the ball. Conte seems to want a stud CB and I prefer him to K2 from Napoli.

Left Wing Back/Ghoulam?: I admittedly know very little about the LWB options available, but I do know we need one. Alaba is the pinnacle but I feel unattainable, Sandro is great but expensive, Ghoulam seems to be highly rated and available (I cant speak to his skill as i havent watched him enough)

Still feels like we need one more wide attacking option, especially if Willian leaves. 

I do not think Sanchez will come to us, I would LOVE for him to join but Arsenal will be extra difficult to deal with. I am a big fan of Radja, but I can't see him leaving Roma and he is obsessed with nice weather apparently plus he would be extremely expensive. I have made my love of Verratti known many times over but I can't see him coming to us either sadly. 

2 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

I would be very surprised if Matic is gone while Cesc and Chalobah stay. Conte prefers him over both of them

He prefers him in certain styles of matches 100%. But say theoretically we sign Bakayoko who is the same player as Matic. Would Matic want to stay? Chalobah feels to me like the new Mikel, Will always be around and a squad player. Fabregas has more than earned my respect for his professionalism and play this year, plus he offers something Matic/Bakayoko/Kante dont.  

I would love to keep Matic but Conte seems to want a new CM option and Matic might be the odd man out.

My preferred summer:

Lukaku - I think he'll fit this Chelsea team better than Morata but Morata would be a decent choice too. (If Costa leaves)

Bernardo Silva or Sanchez (if Willian leaves)

Loftus-Cheek, Baker and Chalobah hopefully to be given a more significant role next season. I hear Conte is big on Baker but if he's not ready for Chelsea just yet -- I wouldn't mind Ross Barkley either in the mean time as I hear Conte is big on him too. 

Maybe a Dasilva bump to reinforce the wing back positions? But that might be reaching too much. 

Christensen to return. Ake most likely out.

Loan out Tammy to a top flight team. He's too good for the second division.

Cahill isn't going anywhere. He's staying as a starter and will be our captain. I don't see our back 3 changing next season. Christensen is probably going to be groomed to take over Luiz one day.

No to Bakoyoko. Overrated, bandwagon, impulsive summer target. 

Unless Azpi and/or Zouma is leaving I don't really see why we need Van Dijk. Our back 3 has been amazing - will Van Dijk improve it? I don't think so.

Break the bank on Lukaku and Silva/Sanchez in my opinion and promote and groom youth. That's my idea of a great summer. 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:10 AM, DYC. said:

^^ I find Van Dijk's ball-playing ability to be overrated but I guess that's just me. He's a good defender but a 60 mil CB? Never. He's not better than David Luiz and he was half the price.

Preach. Ball playing ability vastly overrated because he was dribbling past some Scottish farmers a few seasons ago. No disrespect to Scotland obviously, I'd say the same about the Dutch league.

Think we should go for Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer, especially if we don't manage to pinch Alexis from Arsenal and sign another RF. Best young English talent out there that can actually contribute well to the squad. Could play at RWB imo.

priorities this summer are keeping Hazard and Courtois here at all costs to fend off Real Madrid and co. , then i would sign another Defender, and Sanchez and also Nainggolan if possible, i strongly believe they will add that extra dimension to our midfield and attack that we need, specially in the Champions League. We´ll see what unfolds in the summer, but first let´s finish this season on a high note, then we will worry about possible transfers. Cheers

10 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Preach. Ball playing ability vastly overrated because he was dribbling past some Scottish farmers a few seasons ago. No disrespect to Scotland obviously, I'd say the same about the Dutch league.

Scottish farmers, haha. Bants.

@Blue-in-me-Veins Van Dijk has always been getting forward btw. He used to get flack for his Beckenbauer impression as a youngster. He's actually become less attacking now.

10 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Think we should go for Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer, especially if we don't manage to pinch Alexis from Arsenal and sign another RF. Best young English talent out there that can actually contribute well to the squad. Could play at RWB imo.

Oxlade-Chamberlain would be brilliant, he'd be able to fill so many holes in this team.

Do you think there's any chance that we have a shot for him?

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

he was dribbling past some Scottish farmers a few seasons ago. No disrespect to Scotland obviously,

No need to apologise that's pretty accurate :D. Does make me laugh that Scotland wants independence but so many of them want Rangers and Celtic to play in England.

13 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I love him as a player.  He has so much passion too.  There's been a few times he's gotten really frustrated at the lack of effort from his fellow Arsenal players.  He wants to win.

I see more as a CM though.  I think that's his best position.  But I am not sure if he would fit in the best in our current formation there.  I just think he could be limited at RWB, although I think he could be good there.  

What are your thoughts about him as a CM?  And do you think he would be too limited as a RWB?

I love him as a player.  He has so much passion too.  There's been a few times he's gotten really frustrated at the lack of effort from his fellow Arsenal players.  He wants to win.
I see more as a CM though.  I think that's his best position.  But I am not sure if he would fit in the best in our current formation there.  I just think he could be limited at RWB, although I think he could be good there.  
What are your thoughts about him as a CM?  And do you think he would be too limited as a RWB?

He isn't good enough with the ball whilst under pressure, which was shown against Bayern. Another Pedro type of option would be the best bet (RW-RWB).

On 3/29/2017 at 7:59 PM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

*runs out of thread*

A real talent. New age all-round midfielder. A move to Chelsea would be bad for his development though. But maybe Chelsea can scoop him up like they did with so many Belgians in the past and loan him out. Buy Fabinho and loan Tielemans to Monaco?

I'll come back to earth now.