Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

39 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

For me Romagnoli is my #1 choice for LCB position. Has great experience, left footed, strong, Italian(im very partial to italians). Knows the system and could grow with our team. Will be incredibly difficult to pry him away from AC however. A man can dream.

Other than being leftfooted I'm not seeing any advantages in him over Christensen. And he will cost a lot.

On 17/02/2017 at 2:17 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Transfer priorities:-

1. Matic upgrade

2. Moses upgrade

3. Pedro upgrade

4. Alonso upgrade

Totally agree with this tho not sell any of the above IF poss, but I think its very important to add Cahill upgrade

We severely lack any creativity in our CBs apart from Luiz and I really cant see either Ake nor Andreas making any major difference.

Luiz is our only CB thats got any comfort on the ball and I would like to see him take it out more instead of the big kick. We also lack anyone back there that gets any real air which is another problem.

Bonnucci would be great. Even at his age hes still got a good 3 or 5 years being pushed hard and we would get our money back plus some from China more than likely,

But Cahill needs upgrading ASAP. Unless of course we could just use him for corners and set pieces.

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

Other than being leftfooted I'm not seeing any advantages in him over Christensen. And he will cost a lot.

thats fair, it seems Conte values left footers on the left side but Christensen could absolutely play in that spot you're correct. I will change my statement to "If conte wants to purchase a new defender than Romagnoli would be my top choice for LCB"

38 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

thats fair, it seems Conte values left footers on the left side but Christensen could absolutely play in that spot you're correct. I will change my statement to "If conte wants to purchase a new defender than Romagnoli would be my top choice for LCB"

Romagnoli said that he wants to be remembered as a AC Milan legend and that he plans to play for them for a long time,so I do not see him leaving Milan.

6 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

I didn't for a second think about Romagnoli as someone who stands against Christensen. Such a different players for different roles. I don't see Christensen fitting in that left side. Ok Cahill plays there for the moment but we want to replace him, right? On either side of the three you need all action guy, who likes combat challenge. Preferably he'd be left and right footed for respective side. At our level he needs to be comfortable with the ball. Romagnoli is just perfect player for that LCB, I kid you not, I can't think of any better for this particular role. He likes to challenge, likes to have many defensive actions per game, he's big, good on the ball, left-footed. On the other hand Christensen isn't the guy to perform many combative actions in a game. He's someone to read the game and adjust, bring calmness and be first distributor of the team. He's fitted to that central role in a three. I think if he wants guarantees over playing time next season, we need to push David Luiz out to the side and slot Christensen centrally. I don't think it's particularly great to do anything with David when he finally found his call in life though. Chelsea need to figure out how to keep Christensen happy with repeated reports that he wants guarantees over playing time and not break something that works. It's not easy but as I said, I don't see AC as starting LCB. 

Want to see other views.

If we dont get another DM or CM to play alongside Kante, would you look forward to a Kante and Luiz partnership in DM that is if we manage to get a CB to play Luiz current position. I thought of it because Luiz has such vision and cofidence on the ball for a CB and compared to Matic might be a better option. Not to say we dont need Matic but next season with UEFA and all, I personally would like to see that partnership.

Liuz might be kind of like Nianggolan since he can hit the target far better than Matic and Kante combined. I think Luiz might even be better at DM than Pobga is since he know how to actually defend.

Courtois

Azpi/Backup(better than Zuoma)/Zuoma          Van Dijk/Christensen/Luiz      Romagnoli/Ake/Cahill

Moses/Rudiger                                                                                                                                    Ake/Ghoulam/Alonso                        

Kante/Chalobah/?                     Luiz/Matic/Upgrade/Fabregas

Pedro/Willian/?                                                    Hazard/Musonda/RLC?                                                                        

Costa/Lukaku/? 

Fantasy team. Realistically might not be possible. And I fear ourground development in the next year(2018) might hold Roman back abit.

Share your fantasy team and thoughs

On 2/22/2017 at 4:56 PM, Unionjack said:

Totally agree with this tho not sell any of the above IF poss, but I think its very important to add Cahill upgrade

We severely lack any creativity in our CBs apart from Luiz and I really cant see either Ake nor Andreas making any major difference.

Luiz is our only CB thats got any comfort on the ball and I would like to see him take it out more instead of the big kick. We also lack anyone back there that gets any real air which is another problem.

Bonnucci would be great. Even at his age hes still got a good 3 or 5 years being pushed hard and we would get our money back plus some from China more than likely,

But Cahill needs upgrading ASAP. Unless of course we could just use him for corners and set pieces.

Yea i agree. cahill upgrade, possibly a ball playing CB

1 minute ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

the dembele at celtic

Ah number 2. OK.

If we can attract a big offer for Diego and if we can get Belotti, I'd make that swap for sure. Swapping Diego for Dembele would be an upgrade in terms of technical quality, as would be the Belotti swap, but in terms of other attributes I think Belotti is closer to our striker than Dembele is. No argument that he's looking good at Celtic though.