Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I know those first games Varane played he had some obvious simple slip ups, but Mourinho clearly had faith in him to play him. Zouma + Varane looks like Terry+Carvalho 2.0. I wouldn't be suprised, Mourinho had A LOT of faith in him at Real and the fact that he is French makes a lot of sense. If this is ever confirmed (and we'll have a long wait to see) David Luiz will become instantly expendable (if he isn't already). Varane has a great balance of strength and speed.

I always knew there will be moment when we will be linked with Varane. He is Mourinhos pal and only problem was that he was playing regular at Real. Ancelotti did us a favour by putting Varane on bench and play Ramos-Pepe.

But there is problem, called Zidane.

Why would Real Madrid, probably the biggest club in the world, put a release clause in one of its players' contract?

Every player, in at least the spanish BBVA league (don't know how it is with the lower leagues), has to have a release clause in their contract. Usually on these "star players" the release clause is ridiculously high (like 300mp or so), so a better question would be..

Why would Real Madrid have such a low release clause with a player of Varane's calibre?

Personally I doubt it's that low. But on the other hand, without any more research than a google search, it looks like his contract was signed 2011, which is way before he was worth his current value, so it might just be.

This is the first time it has been mentioned of Varane's release clause so it would be better to take it with a pinch of salt until one of the more reliable sources confirms it.

You won't find another source more trustworthy than SPORT.ES when it comes to Varane's release clause because Sport is "Barcelona's newspaper" (it defines itself as the newspaper of the supporters of FC Barcelona, its slogan being "Sempre amb el Barca" (always with Barca in Catalan) and Barcelona did triggered Varane's release clause last summer, but the player did not want to hear about moving to Real Madrid's biggest rival. I can trust them about the release clause, but I can't guarantee about the quality of that article, spanish media is so fucked up.

worst rumour I've heard this week: M. Benatia to Man.Utd.

Hopefully Chelsea know which center midfielders they want this summer. the summer window is going to be crazy. meanwhile, Ramires will be limping to the finish-line this season after many months of over-playing at CFC.

worst rumour I've heard this week: M. Benatia to Man.Utd.

Hopefully Chelsea know which center midfielders they want this summer. the summer window is going to be crazy. meanwhile, Ramires will be limping to the finish-line this season after many months of over-playing at CFC.

Mikel for Guarin swap might be brewin'.

Witsel was bad in that match, the team being poor was no excuse for not a single moment of quality from him for 90mins. Unless he was carrying an injury, because even hulk had some moments of quality

You can't judge him from that match. Zenit were playing tgeir first pro matcg after 2 months. Players would be rusty, not match fit infact not even physically upto it.

Perhaps a cheeky bid for Rvp in summer? He is 30 and if Manu miss on CL for next year, he might go to a team where he can win something before getting too old.

A 10mio bid and if Rvp wants to move should be enough. He is still class striker, cunt, but would fit in the team perfectly. He wasnt his best this year but still scored 11 goals in 15 games in PL, he would do well for another two years and then Lukaku might be ready.

Perhaps a cheeky bid for Rvp in summer? He is 30 and if Manu miss on CL for next year, he might go to a team where he can win something before getting too old.

A 10mio bid and if Rvp wants to move should be enough. He is still class striker, cunt, but would fit in the team perfectly. He wasnt his best this year but still scored 11 goals in 15 games in PL, he would do well for another two years and then Lukaku might be ready.

15mil max. Rvp is a MEGA cunt and that cuntishness coupked with his desire to pkay CL football plus actually win a thing or 2 in his career might make it very plausible.

If mikel rumors are true then it will be interesting to see what are options in mid will be.

Matic- rambo are certain. To an extent even mvg. Will tge 4th one be a new CM or an extension to lamps

I hope Mikel is shipped out in the summer. If we sign Lampard then we would have Matic, Ramiers, Lampard, MVG already ... intergrate Chalobah in the first side and we have 5 players for the 2 positions. Matic can be the wall while we can rotate MVG and Chalobah to see what they can bring to the side. Would spend the money on a striker and LB (Shaw) if possible rather than a CM.

I hope Mikel is shipped out in the summer. If we sign Lampard then we would have Matic, Ramiers, Lampard, MVG already ... intergrate Chalobah in the first side and we have 5 players for the 2 positions. Matic can be the wall while we can rotate MVG and Chalobah to see what they can bring to the side. Would spend the money on a striker and LB (Shaw) if possible rather than a CM.

The point is that no striker is available. Or rather none of the world class ones (lewa, zla, falcao, cavani). Mandzukic won't cost much since bayern would be willing to sell him. Costa is 32mil but don't know if worth it and good enough to lead the line. If we can xompensate it with soneone like kroos then I won't mind at all.

Plus chalobah is too idealistic. Also romeu would get a look in instaed of chalobah