Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

City is interested in Matic and Zouma. Javi Garcia is on way to Napoli...

Fuck City, I wish we sign Matic and Zouma, they are great players.

you have to get used to it from now on, every chelsea fc target will be a man city target too and vice versa. i'd fancy having zouma too, it simply reminds me of kompany in his anderlecht days

His problems were in Manchester, so they had to let him go. He's got undeniable talent and I think he's not as far off De Bruyne as some people are suggesting. He's got a cockiness about him that could take him a long way, whereas De Bruyne seems to play within himself a lot.

It's a risky move with a massive upside.

We'd have to sell off KDB + 1 more to make this a viable move.

Ravel plays as an attacking midfielder, he's not like Guarin. It's like playing Mata in the pivot. Would be a really stupid signing.

I think he could play as a deeper midfielder. He has all the tools and he played in a more conventional 442 for United at youth level.

We'd have to sell off KDB + 1 more to make this a viable move.

Probably. KDB and Essien out in January?

Feels strange heading into a transfer window expecting us not to sign a single player. Usually the opening of a window is like Christmas for us, but I think who we are now is gonna be who we'll be for the remainder of the season.

Pray to the gods that our midfielders are able to continue carrying the deadweight that is our strike force.

Ravel plays as an attacking midfielder, he's not like Guarin. It's like playing Mata in the pivot. Would be a really stupid signing.

So does Guarin. That's what I've been trying to say all along! They both could play at CM but are primarily attacking midfielders.

Speaking of Guarin, I came across this today: according to Opta, Guarin has lost the ball the most times in the serie A in 2013. 479 times in 12 months!

http://www.sempreinter.com/2013/12/29/optasports-guarin-has-lost-most-balls-in-serie-a-during-2013/

So does Guarin. That's what I've been trying to say all along! They both could play at CM but are primarily attacking midfielders.

But you are wrong, maybe thats why nobody's listens to that. In Porto he played CM, in Colombia, in most of his first couple of months in Inter. Mazzari plays him as a AM/SS but its clearly not his positions.

But you are wrong, maybe thats why nobody's listens to that. In Porto he played CM, in Colombia, in most of his first couple of months in Inter. Mazzari plays him as a AM/SS but its clearly not his positions.

In Porto he played the most advanced in a 4-3-3, practically what Oscar does here. He's not even a starter for Columbia. And he also played as an attacking midfielder for the vast majority of his first season at Inter. He probably played a few times at CM, but Strama was changing so many things from game to game and trying so many different things, I'm surprised he never played him in goal..

Don't believe me, go read what the Inter fan wrote in the Guarin thread.

In Porto he played the most advanced in a 4-3-3, practically what Oscar does here. He's not even a starter for Columbia. And he also played as an attacking midfielder for the vast majority of his first season at Inter. He probably played a few times at CM, but Strama was changing so many things from game to game and trying so many different things, I'm surprised he never played him in goal..

Don't believe me, go read what the Inter fan wrote in the Guarin thread.

In Porto Moutinho played in the most advanced role (shared with Guarin, something a bit similar to Ballack-Lampard, when Guarin is "Ballack") and both of them never played the way Oscar plays for us. They were both CM's, never CAM's like Oscar who sometimes go deeper.

I dont think he played AM the vest majority of his first season, but he did played in a couple of positions.

How is it relevant that he isnt a starter for Colombia?

Would be absolutely ridiculous, yes, but no way do I see it happening.

Can you imagine the pace and insane skill of Hazard on one wing and Reus on the other? Sweet Jesus!

Super pacey counter attacking midfield: ------Hazard-------Willian--------Reus--------

Pace/power mix: -------Schürrle-------Oscar-------Reus---------

Think if Jose sends Mata out its for a CM though. Would be terrible to see United get Reus as he's been linked with them. He'd be perfect in their system with the way they use their wingers. Would be a nightmare.

Buy Willian to avoid him from joining Hotspur,

So we buy Reus to avoid him from joining Manchester United?

Out of curiosity, what would people say about Nainggolan?

I have been watching Cagliari a bit since my gf is from those parts, and I have to say that the guy impresses me. He is short so will not be winning plenty of aerial duels but seem to be very strong at keeping the ball, plays aggressively but with enough composure to assess each situation and knows how to tackle. He is not a DLP, but he is quite good at passing. He reminds me of a bulldog, tireless and never gives up. He would also fit in Chelsea as he sure knows how to block a ball properly, a very useful talent.

He is 25, so neither too young nor too old. He would also most likely be available for a reasonable price, so personally I would take him day and night over Guarin.

Or if looking for cheap destructor, why not Gueye from Lille? Lille had top defence this year, while Gueye is among 3 DMs who made most sucessful tackles this year. Im sure he can develop into very fine DM, he has plenty of energy and looks better than Mavuba.

Another one, but more exoensive is Fernando from Porto who was great in CL this season.