Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Not necessary in january, but eventualy:

CB; Varane/Benatia/Godin

CM/DM: Witsel/Vidal/Gundogan/Pogba

Striker: Lewa?/Benteke/Costa

In general, I would love us to sign two top players rather 5 talents for same money.

P.S.: some players will be on bosman in summer: Lewa, Pirlo, Xabi,...

I reckon demba will be away in january, there is also talk of us bringing back matic as mourinho is big admirer of the player.
I have also read a lot on KDB potentially leaving the club with the likes of Juventus interested in snapping him up.

As always though it is more than likely stupid rumours and none of the above will happen.

Not necessary in january, but eventualy:

CB; Varane/Benatia/Godin

CM/DM: Witsel/Vidal/Gundogan/Pogba

Striker: Lewa?/Benteke/Costa

In general, I would love us to sign two top players rather 5 talents for same money.

P.S.: some players will be on bosman in summer: Lewa, Pirlo, Xabi,...

All the CMs sound good to me. I'm hoping that Gundoban goes to a club I like or, better, stays in Dortmund.

For CBs, I'm fine with Mangala, Varane, Benatia

Striker... I really don't care, but if Torres and Ba were leaving, any number of possibilities.

I've been following this on papers. It seems to be an identity crisis, not so much of the league, but supporters and pundits.

The league is gearing towards becoming an international product, difficult to miss the obvious movement towards untapped markets. And I reckon you cannot have it both ways: you cannot have the best league in the world and at the same time give precedence to local players and youngsters. The demand to see a young English player develop is non-existent.

When fans in Asia turn up to see Chelsea they don't want to see a mediocre (in development) player, but the final product, the best of the best; otherwise they will go watch a different team and/or a different league. You, and many supporters, may be OK with the latter, but the club and its owners, and apparently the league aren't.

There is no link between the national team and the club. What's is in it for Chelsea, its owner? Same goes for City, spurs, etc. Even our substitute GKs are not English.

I can only sympathize with the idea, I think that what you wish for is unattainable; UK's population just (in numbers) cannot provide the goods, because the demand is international. A good read on the subject is a book called:

"Soccernomics: Why England Loses, Why Spain, Germany, and Brazil Win, and Why the US, Japan, Australia, Turkey-and Even Iraq-Are Destined to Become the Kings of the World's Most Popular Sport"

Even if you don't agree with everything, it's a good read nevertheless.

I do agree with you on the subject of utilizing more the young players, however. It makes no sense to me that we have a rotation/backup player like Mikel for example. * further discussion on Mikel on Mikel's thread * My point is and has been that what he does on the pitch can be done by a number of players, including English players. So, I wouldn't mind getting someone like Progba for example, so long as Chalobah would be the one providing cover. Assuming he is ready of course, he is still so very young (18). And honestly, if they are not good enough they just aren't good enough.

There is just too much money in the CL. A club cannot afford to consistently not make it; I mean it can, but there will be consequences. Look at what happened to Liverpool in the last few years.

For me it has nothing to do with English talent but if you are a team that is trying to win a league you cannot play players just develop them unless they are really2 good. For me if you are contender, it is all about talent, if you are good enough you will play.

A quality CM if available - Witsel, Gundogan...

In Jan? You'd have to pay over 50m for either! No chance, imo.

The Jan market for me is just for quick fixes like Cahill and Ba because any decent player will cost double what he would in the summer.

The Jan market for me is just for quick fixes like Cahill and Ba because any decent player will cost double what he would in the summer.

yeah. unlikely but not impossible. especially players whose contracts are ending in 2014 or 2015

Exactly. January market is for people with expiring contracts or spare pieces. Otherwise, you have to badly overpay.

Giuseppe Rossi has had a storming start to the season with 9 goals in 10 games,I think we should consider him if he keeps this form up.

Always loved him as a player. Yet another brilliant player SAF let go.

Pique, Rossi, Pogba, Ravel Morrison etc. would all be assets at United right about now.