Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

So at the close of the window, does anyone see a change in their top 4 predictions?

I don't really. Still think United are slightly weaker than City and ourselves. Arsenal will get a bit better but I can't see how adding one player, world class though he may be, will make them legit contenders. They have several long term injuries to key players and their squad depth is still thin. We all know Wilshere is an injury waiting to happen as well.

Still say its Chelsea, City, United, Spuds.

Spuds might actually screw up cause they brought in so many new players. AvB basically created a new midfield and attack.

Lack of team chemistry will hurt them this season.

I'm expecting Arsenal to finish 4th..IF their key players (Wilshere, Walcott, Arteta) stay fit.

Chelsea total: 59.5m spent.

Moses loaned, Lukaku loaned.

Are Chelsea good enough to win PL or CL ?

I certainly do have some doubts with the current squad.

Even though I am not satisfied with Chelsea´s transfer business, I can´t help but laugh at manures.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10282469/Humiliation-for-Manchester-United-as-new-chief-executive-Ed-Woodward-learns-the-hard-way.html

:getin:

I believe we have the best on in the Prem in terms of creative midfield still think we should be a little weak on the defensive side but hoping Flamini does the job. We have 3rd best attacking wise. 1. Barca 2. Bayern 3. Arsenal.

:D:D

-------Wilshere-------

Walcott-Ozil-Cazorla

-------Giroud-------

is in NO WAY better than

-----Ramires-----
Mata-Oscar-Hazard
------Eto'o---------

or

-----MVG------
Willian-Mata-Hazard

-----Eto'o-------

or

------Mikel------

Schurrle-Oscar-KDB

-------Eto'o

or

------Ramires-----
KDB-Oscar-Hazard

------Eto'o--------

or 1000 more options we have in the midfield. They simple are not close enough to match our midfield. They spent for the first time on only 1 player and think they have the best midfield in the league? I LAUGH! So Carzola i better than Mata? Walcott better than Hazard or Rosicky better than Oscar. Ozil may be better than Mata but that's only 1 position. Willian is better than Walcott,Cazorla,Rosicky. So is Mata,Oscar and Hazard.

Literally the only one of their attacking mids I'd replace one of ours with is Ozil.

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, De Bruyne, and Schurrle is EASILY the best group of midfielders in the league.

I agree that Ozil will be a great signing for them but they're still living dangerously. They still didn't buy enough to sustain long runs in multiple competitions like we did.

''Yeah, as far as the world goes, I still think Bayern, Barca, and RM edge us but the gap is closing and our midfield still has potential to grow.

As far as the EPL goes, I think that City and Chelsea are equivalent to us. I hope by the end of the year we'll be hands down better.''

:blink:

Most of Ozil's assists, come due to Ronaldo being an absolute beast. Not taking anything away from him, but now he needs to feed in Giroud. Doubt he'll make a huge impact, but still is a fantastic signing.

Ozil is a terrific player but to me he is a signing that gets the fans back onside but doesn't really solve all the issues Arsenal have.

The two signings of United and Arsenal smack to me of "We better sign someone or we will get royally fucked by the fans"

Agree with that. Ozil is a quality player no doubt but only adds to the depth and attacking quality of Arsenal which is and has been the strongest aspect of their team. Won't even solve their problems elsewhere. As someone mentioned here previously, Arsenal are practically one Ozil injury away from having the same team again and worst of all, one Giroud injury away from having to play Sanogo upfront (thank goodness we didn't give them Ba!). That is probably when the Arsenal fans would start to get desperate and moan all about Wenger again.

United need Fellaini...they've lacked a bit of steel in midfield for a while.

Carrick - Fellaini is better than Carrick - Cleverley..

True but he does have a point. Throughout the summer, it feels as though Man United didn't have a clue on who to sign and David Moyes trying to prove to everyone - the fans and media - that he can attract top talents to the club as well as trying to please them. Moyes has mainly targeted midfielders in the transfer window but seem to go from one type of midfielder to another - Fabregas, Thiago, Modric, De Rossi, Khedira, Sneijder, Ozil, Herrera, Fellaini etc. And not to mention, the way he and United have handled their transfer business this summer have been shockingly embarrassing.

Spuds might actually screw up cause they brought in so many new players. AvB basically created a new midfield and attack.

Lack of team chemistry will hurt them this season.

I'm expecting Arsenal to finish 4th..IF their key players (Wilshere, Walcott, Arteta) stay fit.

I agree, but long term, especially if they can improve their defence, they have the look of a good team. I like that. I like when we have a lot of competition and still win. I want the Premier League to be amazing and for us to be the best of the best, not some situation like Spain or Germany where only 1 or 2 teams can ever win. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Spurs, and United make for an amazing top-6.