Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Y do chelsea fans like to believe their players are not good enough or overrated. It funkn kills me. When courtois leave we dont know who else is there to replace every proven keeper is booked. And it seems like even chelsea leading the table still doesnt attract attention to other players which is frustrating for me as a fan and i feel the direction the club is moving toward is the arsenal direction. Selling all our quality when we get a remarkable bid. Apparently we aint rich as we thought we were and will go down the rich list by the time the new stadium is complete even though it all Roman funded. And we cant even compete with clubs like Man united mancity psg barca and many more. This rumour shouldnt exist in the first place when we will be entering a phase where transfer money will be limited again due to stadium expansion.
For me i believe money talks build courtois some expensive house in london so his family can move in pay him highly then we can trash all this talks. This applies to all our star players. Its so frustrating how everyone targets chelsea players and not mancity or man united and even Tottenham. Donnarumma is great but will be a serious downgrade to courtois and even begovic. Even if we won the champions League 3 times in a row Donna wont even lift an eye brow cause he is italian and they are proud pple. For me if we dont need signings if in our currents position it still doesnt tempt anyone. Lets use that money for wages and pay who ever deserves 300k or 200k or 50k exactly that before we end up like arsenal

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

I get frustrated by those rumours aswell, but when it comes to selling our best players, i have ZERO doubts that Abrahmovic would tell every single club to fuck off.

Even though the media pounced on this Costa-China story, the thing that mostly caught my atention was the fact that we rejected 80 fucking million pounds for a 28 year old striker, because we just didnt wanted to sell him.

There is absolutely no amount of money that would convince us to sell Courtois or Hazard, of that i am sure, unless one of them pushes extremely hard for a transfer, to the point that it would be impossible to keep them at the club, but since that is not the case, i mainly just ignore the rumours. Also, if you dont remember, Madrid were after De gea like a rash two summers ago, and they only failed to sign him at the last minute, so United do get their players targeted, as do City for that matter, because every single summer a Aguero-Real Madrid rumour pops up, but nothing ever comes of it, because thats what they are, rumours.

5 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Was just thinking about our Summer window...

And Griezmann cannot end up at United. Chelsea Gotta do everything we can to bring him to the bridge. 

If United won't make the top 4 then surely we have as much chance as them in signing Griezmann? It's not like we can't offer 100m€ and top wages. United will offer more wages ofc but it shouldn't be the decisive factor. 

Though Griezmann is simply not 100m€ player in my eyes. I'd expect more from that kind of player. I'm worried that we'd again lack creativity. 

21 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

If United won't make the top 4 then surely we have as much chance as them in signing Griezmann? It's not like we can't offer 100m€ and top wages. United will offer more wages ofc but it shouldn't be the decisive factor. 

Though Griezmann is simply not 100m€ player in my eyes. I'd expect more from that kind of player. I'm worried that we'd again lack creativity. 

Yes, which is why we really need United's "6th to 6th" campaign to remain strong. He has a strong affinity for Man U, but hopefully Conte & Winning PL will work in out favor. 

The creativity would have to come from Hazard and the CM's pretty much, though I'd expect Griezmann's creativity output to go up slightly as he plays 1-2's with Costa/Hazard.

yes, he's had a poor campaign this far, but reading up on reports, some say he's not physically right and I'd say his mind is already made up on leaving  in the summer with the way he's been talking in the Summer. 

There really isn't the "Perfect RF" candidate tbf. James/Mahrez/Griezmann all have their flaws and strengths. 

But still at the end of the day, Im hoping we get Griezmann. Would be a hella strong statement of intent. 

26 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I think we need a winger/inside forward who is bigger goal threat than Hazard :) 

City and United finishing outside TOP4 would be a huge boost for our summer transfer activities. Guardiola and Mourinho with Champions league and all that money would probably mean an advantage for both clubs out of Manchester .... 

On 1/20/2017 at 7:41 AM, Pizy said:

United really don't get enough stick in the press for their terrible purchases these past few years. Memphis, Schniederlin, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Shaw who doesn't even play, Ashley Young, Di Maria, Falcao...

Just awful.

Mata was 40mil + and is a fringe player that has never lived up to his Chelsea days. Chelsea have really been moderate with our spending recently. I'm sure all the other big clubs have a net spending much larger than ours in the past 5 years 

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

I think we need a winger/inside forward who is bigger goal threat than Hazard :) 

City and United finishing outside TOP4 would be a huge boost for our summer transfer activities. Guardiola and Mourinho with Champions league and all that money would probably mean an advantage for both clubs out of Manchester .... 

Hazard has scored more league goals than him this season. 

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Yes, which is why we really need United's "6th to 6th" campaign to remain strong. He has a strong affinity for Man U, but hopefully Conte & Winning PL will work in out favor. 

The creativity would have to come from Hazard and the CM's pretty much, though I'd expect Griezmann's creativity output to go up slightly as he plays 1-2's with Costa/Hazard.

yes, he's had a poor campaign this far, but reading up on reports, some say he's not physically right and I'd say his mind is already made up on leaving  in the summer with the way he's been talking in the Summer. 

There really isn't the "Perfect RF" candidate tbf. James/Mahrez/Griezmann all have their flaws and strengths. 

But still at the end of the day, Im hoping we get Griezmann. Would be a hella strong statement of intent. 

I'm not against signing Griezmann at all if I say I'd prefer Bernardo Silva or James or Mahrez it'd laughable. I think it's wonderful to have player like Griezmann but he's not worth 100m€, he's pretty limited player if we are frank. He is average without his goals as we see now. I'm worried how we are lacking creativity. Though if we manage to put Fabregas permanently into the side and sign better, faster LWB than Alonso it'd be better balanced. Tbh the only player worth 100m€ for that right forward role is Dybala and he's going absolutely nowhere. Alexis Sanchez is another perfect option though not worth that much due to age and contract situation. Anyway, Griezmann is a statement signing and I think we may have as big chance as United if they won't get top 4. Long since we made signing like this, can't even think that we won't make the one this summer from such strong position in terms of money and probable league title. 

1 hour ago, Styles said:

Wassup with Dortmund signing all the great young talent? No competition for these players?!

Think Dortmund have successfully solidifed themselves as the "new Ajax". Isaak was very close to signing for Real Madrid, but Dortmund came calling and he knew he'd be playing straight away. Same thing happened for Moussa Dembele (his father/agent) knew Dortmund was the only club that'd let him start regularly. Pulisic also, with his newest contract extension today has rebuffed all efforts that the American/English media keep linking him to Liverpool. 

The one Issue I have regarding Dortmund is that Tuchel has to make sure that they never drop below UCL level. It's all well and good to have these young exciting prospects, but don't forget they have the squad quality that should still be making it to the UCL year after year. Gotze/PAE/Castro/Sokratis/Reus are more than solid Bundesliga talents, and Tuchel has not extracted the most out of this squad if we're being honest. I'm not saying he's had to stay stride for stride with Bayern, that would be unfair given their departures this past summer, but I Don't like how He's been prematurely crowned as the next big thing in terms of Managerial status off the back of one good but still kinda disappointing season. These young guys need to be playing when the lights are brightest on Tuesdays/Wednesdays to help gain that stature across the footballing world, and right now Dortmund's UCL hopes are waffling at the moment. 

14 hours ago, the wes said:

The way things are looking lads I don't think we sign anybody in the January transfer window 

I know mate. 7 days left and nada,zilch,nix,nought,diddly squat,zip,bugga all,sweet Fanny Adams,not a bloomin sausage yet!

Yes still a week to go apeshit in but uninspiring upto now. I was really looking forward to seeing how the Don would be using his first 2 proper windows

13 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Think Dortmund have successfully solidifed themselves as the "new Ajax". Isaak was very close to signing for Real Madrid, but Dortmund came calling and he knew he'd be playing straight away. Same thing happened for Moussa Dembele (his father/agent) knew Dortmund was the only club that'd let him start regularly. Pulisic also, with his newest contract extension today has rebuffed all efforts that the American/English media keep linking him to Liverpool. 

The one Issue I have regarding Dortmund is that Tuchel has to make sure that they never drop below UCL level. It's all well and good to have these young exciting prospects, but don't forget they have the squad quality that should still be making it to the UCL year after year. Gotze/PAE/Castro/Sokratis/Reus are more than solid Bundesliga talents, and Tuchel has not extracted the most out of this squad if we're being honest. I'm not saying he's had to stay stride for stride with Bayern, that would be unfair given their departures this past summer, but I Don't like how He's been prematurely crowned as the next big thing in terms of Managerial status off the back of one good but still kinda disappointing season. These young guys need to be playing when the lights are brightest on Tuesdays/Wednesdays to help gain that stature across the footballing world, and right now Dortmund's UCL hopes are waffling at the moment. 

That's the problem here with Chelsea. We can sign every young talented player we want but we will never let them start in regular PL matches, whereas a club like Tottenham have the guts to take that risk hence the reason they have so many English players in their team. That's also the thing that makes me sad even though we're doing good: the lack of English players in our squad. 

35 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

That's the problem here with Chelsea. We can sign every young talented player we want but we will never let them start in regular PL matches, whereas a club like Tottenham have the guts to take that risk hence the reason they have so many English players in their team. That's also the thing that makes me sad even though we're doing good: the lack of English players in our squad. 

But with Tottenham they had to play Harry Kane/ Dele Ali/ Harry Winks/ Eric Dier through necessity on two fronts. 1.) Totttenham "need" youth development in order to battle witht the big guys, because they simply don't have the resources to battle with the likes of United/City/Chelsea in the transfer window they just can't. So their youth system HAS to provide solid PL talents, which they have done and much more. 

Trust, if Spurs didn't have to rely heavily on their youth system, then they wouldn't. Kudos to them though for producing that many talents, all at the right time to help them compete fiercely for the TOP 4. 

I think we have our sights on Kessie, but are waiting until after AFCON.

Maybe it is from our side to make sure he doesnt get injured or something, maybe it is from Atalantas side to ask for more if he does well, and maybe it is from Kessie to make sure he can focus on the tournament. Either way, there is concrete evidence that we bid for him, and since he went away there have been no noise or rumors about another CM. I think we will see him come in. 

For me, a perfect window would be something like Kessie and Semedo. Let us focus on established stars in the summers, and supertalents now. 

21 hours ago, Rekin said:

I think we have our sights on Kessie, but are waiting until after AFCON.

Maybe it is from our side to make sure he doesnt get injured or something, maybe it is from Atalantas side to ask for more if he does well, and maybe it is from Kessie to make sure he can focus on the tournament. Either way, there is concrete evidence that we bid for him, and since he went away there have been no noise or rumors about another CM. I think we will see him come in. 

For me, a perfect window would be something like Kessie and Semedo. Let us focus on established stars in the summers, and supertalents now. 

I like Kessie but I don't think he's the perfect signing for us. For me, Kessie & Kante is not enough quality in the engine room.

I'm not at all convinced about Semedo and have no interest in Chelsea signing him. Of the two, I'd stick with Victor.