Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I much prefer Auba to Payet, His speed could really unlock another layer to our attack and such a clinical finisher. Im not so focused on him being able to play Right attacker so much as being able to be work with Costa and Hazard. As we have seen this year hazard switches sides with pedro quite often and is higher up the field than costa. I view the front 3 as all fluid attacking players not set positions. Will be quite the interesting summer for us, Very tough decisions ahead.

Aubameyang or Alexis Sanchez. 

Deluded gooners think the club is at fault for Alexis and Ozil not singing new contracts already, but I'd bet my house that the main reason for this is the players. Both want to see if come May this team is the real deal or another season when they win no important trophies and finish top 4. 

Don't think money is a problem for Alexis. Guess that in the summer he'd even sign a similar contract to the one he has now should Arsenal win the title. This is why IMHO he stalls the negociations - to see if that club is capable of challenge the likes of Conte, Guardiola, Klopp to the title.

But, if come May, Arsenal win jack shite (again) and he's still not signed the new deal, I'd jump right on with with both feet. Imagine Chelsea league winners with Alexis Sanchez our first signing of the summer. Haha. Goonettes going to burn Emirates down hahah

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

He a right winger, turned centre forward at Dortmund after Lewandowski left.

Actually he's a striker turned winger turned striker. I remember him as a youngster at Milan, he was a striker back then.

Aubameyang lacks skill for a wide forward role. Neither does he offer Pedro's work rate.

Get someone with real star quality or potential, suiting that role, or stick to Pedro and Willian.

Griezmann in 2017 is never happening because of Atleti's transfer ban. You could make an attempt to buy Dybala but that's an extremely difficult one to pull off. It's hard to find the right player for that position.

15 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Actually he's a striker turned winger turned striker. I remember him as a youngster at Milan, he was a striker back then.

Aubameyang lacks skill for a wide forward role. Neither does he offer Pedro's work rate.

Get someone with real star quality or potential, suiting that role, or stick to Pedro and Willian.

Griezmann in 2017 is never happening because of Atleti's transfer ban. You could make an attempt to buy Dybala but that's an extremely difficult one to pull off. It's hard to find the right player for that position.

If we cant get any of the top dogs, I would think of Promes who is certainly a player who should be in bigger club. But its a gamble. 

Chelsea want Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez to form dream strike partnership with Costa #CFC #AFC (via @MirrorDarren)

Chelsea are the latest club to join the queue of interested parties monitoring the situation of Sanchez (Telegraph) #CFC #AFC

#Fiorentina duo Milan Badelj and Federico Bernardeschi are also both reported to be on Conte's wish list. #CFC (Express)

On 27/11/2016 at 1:14 AM, Leif said:
On 05/12/2016 at 3:15 PM, Fernando said:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang uncertain about future at Borussia Dortmund

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3012354/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-uncertain-about-future-at-borussia-dortmund

Should jump on this.

On 10/12/2016 at 1:58 PM, Fernando said:

Giving that Everton are doing crap this season do you think we should go for any of their players? I imagine now they want out..... 

Lukaku just but Everton are nightmare to negotiate with Everton always look for crazy money for their  players 

51 minutes ago, Rekin said:

The WBA game today showed us that we lack creativity in the middle. The trio upfront cant do much if they have to drop down to receive the ball. Matic and Kante can play great balls occasionally, but we need a consistent passer that can find the trio upfront in semi-dangerous situations. Kante is way too good to be replaced, but I seriously think Matic will hinder us from taking the next step. 

Agreed - I was screaming for Matic to be replaced by Cesc. 

I also think Verrati Kante would be a nice midfield pairing - Verrati has some nice passing on him and can run at players - Matic looks a bit gangly and not very confident :( 

Something more for LWB/LB and something more for CM, plus the CB transfer that seems to be looming.... we're on a way to being a top European side again.

I've no recommendations on the new potential forward/winger, but I believe one of our young players can make it into the 1st team at some point.

Save the big money forward transfer for later; add the quality in CM and LB now --and maybe the CB, if it's the right deal. However, someone like Sanchez is  interesting. I just wish that we had made that move for Alexis at the same time we grabbed Frabregas from Barca. Alexis Sanchez will be 28 this month.

Aubemeyang will be 28 in the summer, but I believe Pierre will maintain his acceleration and top speed longer than Sanchez after age 30.

27 minutes ago, the wes said:

£60m in the kitty if the Oscar deal goes through :D. But something tells me chelsea won't be spending it all in January transfer window  :( probably keep most of the Oscar money for the summer 

Of course we can't get Verrati in january. 

Other then Van Dyk, I don't see much. 

33 minutes ago, the wes said:

£60m in the kitty if the Oscar deal goes through :D. But something tells me chelsea won't be spending it all in January transfer window  :( probably keep most of the Oscar money for the summer 

It's hard to get quality players in January, especially if you are not keen to overpay them :) But I still believe that some quality players in underperforming teams could force they way out if Chelsea comes knocking at their door ;) Verratti most certainly is not one of them ... If it means that we have to wait until summer to get quality than we will just have to wait. No panic buys please but if opportunity arises than we should grab it with both hands.

Players like Van Dijk, Rodriguez, Mahrez, Creswell, Bernardeschi, Brozović, Camacho, Hector, Gaya and Kolašinac could be available for the right price and they could make our squad better in quality not just quantity :) 

41 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Of course we can't get Verrati in january. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. PSG got drawn against Barcelona in the Champions League. It's pretty much game over from them as their chances of going to the next round are like 10%. They might as well sell Verratti for big bucks and start building a team for next season.

I would buy Milan Badelj in January transfer window we don't need a left sided wing back now cause kenedy back I would keep most off the Oscar money for the summer to get Sanchez picture hazard Costa Sanchez are  front line we could do some damage in the CL with that line up