Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

22 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

He will be available in the winter, other players won't be but with Pedro playing really good and with Willian as backup we can wait until summer to buy real quality for RW position.

We have to concentrate on quality signings in next two transfer windows so I would rather recall some loanees in january if we can't get quality RW, CB, LWB and CM :)

Yeah like Verrati. 

Look what ESPN is reporting:

Mediaset Premium claim Chelsea are preparing a big money off in an attempt to convince PSG into selling Marco Verratti. They report that the London based club is prepared to offer £43m and Cesc Fabregas as they look to secure the services of the Italian.

59 minutes ago, Fernando said:

You guys don't think we should go for Payet? 

With Nainggolan and Payet I think Chelsea would get stuck with two players nearing their 30s come the start of next season (Payet will already be 30 by then actually) and frankly not very much room left to improve, for neither of them. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

You guys don't think we should go for Payet? 

We should if we want to win a title this season. I won't forgive if we'll be there and thereabouts come January and we won't try absolutely everything to strengthen the squad to give ourselves the best possible chance to win it. We won't have that competitive advantage of not playing in Europe in the near future so we have to take the best advantage of that. 

Guys are carried away. We're an injury away to key player to be in great despair. 30 year old Payet in his prime is a statement.

9 hours ago, jernej93 said:

He will be available in the winter, other players won't be but with Pedro playing really good and with Willian as backup we can wait until summer to buy real quality for RW position.

We have to concentrate on quality signings in next two transfer windows so I would rather recall some loanees in january if we can't get quality RW, CB, LWB and CM :)

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Yeah like Verrati. 

Look what ESPN is reporting:

Mediaset Premium claim Chelsea are preparing a big money off in an attempt to convince PSG into selling Marco Verratti. They report that the London based club is prepared to offer £43m and Cesc Fabregas as they look to secure the services of the Italian.

This is the type of quality signing we need. I don't want us to buy quick fixes that cannot immediately get into our starting lineup, Tottenham went and paid 25mil for Jansen and 30mil for sissoko to help the squad and both have been flops, winks(their Academy player) has performed better than sissoko. Our bench is already stronger than Liverpool, Manutd and tottenham so I don't want any cuadrados, no salah's, no baba's, no djilaboji, instead let's be patient and get guaranteed quality like (kurzawa, dybala, Griezmann, Verratti, etc)

With Verratti, we can play 3 midfielders against the big teams so that we don't get outnumbered in the midfield or sacrifice our attacking quality due to Verratti's vision/passing. But to be fair, every team suffers against intense pressing, Barcelona should have lost against a magnificent real socieldad yesterday after being thoroughly outplayed and pressured. 

Payet would be definately a nice option in january. Considering how west ham is doing, he might want to leave soon. I can see Payet do very nicely here since he adjusted to league, and would be interesting combo with Hazard as they both played in lille before.

But unless its something that Conte realy wants, Im so far more than happy with Pedro and Willian and then improve in summer. 

Either of Aub or Payet and we'd win the league. We need more firepower, our defence is fine enough especially once Zouma's back in, our midfield isn't great but we can cope, but on the off chance Hazard gets a knock, both of these players provide individual brilliance that can win games consistently. Aub would especially be handy considering he's been playing a whole season as a striker. On the other hand, Payet would be motivated as hell since we'll be the biggest club he'll play for.

42 minutes ago, Leif said:

Either of Aub or Payet and we'd win the league. We need more firepower, our defence is fine enough especially once Zouma's back in, our midfield isn't great but we can cope, but on the off chance Hazard gets a knock, both of these players provide individual brilliance that can win games consistently. Aub would especially be handy considering he's been playing a whole season as a striker. On the other hand, Payet would be motivated as hell since we'll be the biggest club he'll play for.

I dont doubt Payet qualites at all and even his age is not a problem, but perhaps he and Eden are too similar. Both are more of playmakers, dribblers rather than goalscorers. 

If Payet is available for decent money ok, but perhaps we should look for RW  player that can also score on regular basis (like prime Pedro).

If we look at our squad it is extremely clear who the preferred options of Conte are. 
I also think it is clear by the players we targeted during the summer what the pattern is. 

Summer 2016 we wanted to have two good strikers. Bats seemed locked on early, but in case Diego left there was interest in Morata and Lukaku. Now, I do not know how highly Bats is rated considering him basically not playing, but we need to remember that Costa is currently in an unreal form, Bats is not going to ever get priority over him as it is now (except for cup games). If Conte rates Bats, then we are unlikely for now to be working the striker angle. 

For the winger positions we did not really do much. We kept the previous players, and werent really linked with others in those positions. Hazard is untouchable, while Pedro has been in a somewhat good form. Willian and Oscar have lately seen their opportunities limited, and specially Oscar seems to be out of favour. I think we can do better than Pedro as RW for sure, and selling Oscar is also something that needs to happen. There is no rush with this at the time though. Star wingers are rarely available in January, and we have acceptable depth for now. I really doubt anything will happen in January there.

Midfield is a more interesting position. We secured Kante early on, and it was a great purchase. But even after that, we were still looking for additions. Either because Matic was close to leaving, or because Conte had his eyes on someone he considered better. He might have been convinced by Matic now, regardless players like Nainggolan will not join in January. The City game showed us the lack of depth though. Fabregas does not work in our current formation, and I have my doubts about Chalobah. Even if both stays, it is a false type of depth. Fabregas is a tactical option, not a direct replacement for Matic or Kante. We need to make sure we can put on someone who can do a relatively similar job to either of those two. 
I strongly suspect we will move for someone like Badelj or Brozovic during January. 

In the defence, the purchase and great performance from Luiz has plugged some holes. Cahill is doing better, and letting in 2 goals in 8 games is something we need to remember. One does not jump in and start changing too much in those circumstances. Even though I do not consider our defence to be individually amazing (Cahill, Alonso and Moses all have their weaknesses) I would honestly not change it right now. You do not fix that which is not broken. Unless we start letting them in again, January should be quiet for us. Let Conte assess Christensen and Zouma, and if he dislikes both, then we should look at replacements in the summer. 

GK is fine.

TLDR: My opinion is that the only thing we need in January is a CM that has his main strengths in passing and defensive capabilities. For the summer we should look at RW, LWB and CB options. 

21 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Can Auba really play the RF role for us effectively? I mean he has been playing all his life as a center forward and now all of sudden if he's played as a RF, would he able to adjust?

He a right winger, turned centre forward at Dortmund after Lewandowski left.