test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

19,938 posts in this topic

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/news/2017-2018/comunicat-fc-barcelona-neymar-jr

The player Neymar Jr, accompanied by his father and agent, has informed FC Barcelona this morning of his decision to leave the Club in a meeting held at the Club’s offices.

Faced with this position, the Club has informed them they refer to the buy-out clause of his existing contract which as of 1 July totals 222 million euros which will have to be deposited in its entirety.

Furthermore, in reply to the claim for the contract extension bonus, the Club has once again made it clear that the amount remains deposited with a notary until the case is resolved.

The player remains under contract at FC Barcelona but with temporary permission to not take part in training sessions.

world gone mad

Just can't understand it from any angle except for Neymar wanting more money. Joining a nothing league and a a club that are basically the Man City of France. No one really cares about PSG outside of France. They have no better chance of winning the CL than Barca do.

I could understand if he went to another historically giant club like Milan/Juve/Bayern, but PSG? They'll win their weak league by 30 points and every season will be seen as a total failure unless they win the CL. I mean, they had Zlatan scoring bonkers numbers and they still didn't get that close to winning it.

Were Barca just unwilling or unable to pay anywhere close to what PSG are offering him in wages?

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just can't understand it from any angle except for Neymar wanting more money. Joining a nothing league and a a club that are basically the Man City of France. No one really cares about PSG outside of France. They have no better chance of winning the CL than Barca do.

I could understand if he went to another historically giant club like Milan/Juve/Bayern, but PSG? They'll win their weak league by 30 points and every season will be seen as a total failure unless they win the CL. I mean, they had Zlatan scoring bonkers numbers and they still didn't get that close to winning it.

Were Barca just unwilling or unable to pay anywhere close to what PSG are offering him in wages?

His greedy father is there for a reason. Heard he will get around 58m.

Everton’s £50m move for Sigurdsson may be completed ‘within days’

This is getting absurd. 
Say what you want about the board but this market is crazy and they been doing good. 
We just need to put more trust in youth. 
RoyalBlues likes this

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Everton’s £50m move for Sigurdsson may be completed ‘within days’

This is getting absurd. 
Say what you want about the board but this market is crazy and they been doing good. 
We just need to put more trust in youth. 

They will want the same amount for Barkley then.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think he doesn't want to be in Messi's shadow anymore, in PSG and even whole France league, he will be the main star. Although I also can't understand his decision, of course he will receive more money, but If I were him, I'd never go from one of biggest team in the world and playing with the likes of Messi, Suarez and Iniesta to PSG and weaker league.
But wathever is said, this deal is huge and will be remembered for a long time.

When Real used to buy new toys, you could get one of the old toys at a good price (Robben, Sneijder off the top of my head).  Wonder if we can get anything from PSG

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

People used to say the same thing about Chelsea 12 years ago.

41 minutes ago, manpe said:

Neymar isn't even that good, PSG are idiots.

I'm far from a Neymar fan, but he is really THAT GOOD. Saying Neymar is not that good is like the talk about Messi only being good because of Xavi and Iniesta that I used to read in this forum years ago.

Fernando likes this

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

I'm far from a Neymar fan, but he is really THAT GOOD. Saying Neymar is not that good is like the talk about Messi only being good because of Xavi and Iniesta that I used to read in this forum years ago.

He is not 222 million euros worth of good. Half of that at best, and even then overpriced.

xPetrCechx likes this

40 minutes ago, Henrique said:

He definitely is in the current market where Lukaku is worth 75m, Morata 70m and Pogba 80m.

Makes Pogba look like a bargain tbf.

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

Makes Pogba look like a bargain tbf.

Pogba is a poor man's Kante.

13 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Pogba is a poor man's Kante.

disagree. Very different characteristics: Kante has the work rate, but pogba has the technique. Combine the two and you would have an almost perfect mid (still missing the goals though).

BTW, while kante's work rate can be very valuable to any side, I think refined technique is rarer, and consequently, more expensive.

One could say Fabregas is poor man's pogba. ;) I'm in the minority here as I think Fabregas cannot possibly play week in and out effectively replacing Matic (there was a reason Matic played).

DYC. likes this