Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 minutes ago, milka said:

We need this but   buy  Eduardo ? Logic . 

You don't do the in less then a week when you had half a year to deal with it. 

The bottom line is that it will not happen. The targets they want will be unattainable. 

So the worst thing that they will do is go for similar targets like last year. And they should not do that. They failed again so don't panic now. Why waste money on players that are only going to be send out on loan and not worth the trouble? 

23 minutes ago, Fernando said:

You don't do the in less then a week when you had half a year to deal with it. 

The bottom line is that it will not happen. The targets they want will be unattainable. 

So the worst thing that they will do is go for similar targets like last year. And they should not do that. They failed again so don't panic now. Why waste money on players that are only going to be send out on loan and not worth the trouble? 

We signed Fernando Torres and David Luiz for over 80m€ on the last day in January 2011. I remember 4 days earlier both deals looked off.

It's possible to pull off some great deals in the last few days as everything is probably agreed with the targets apart from release fee.

4 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

We signed Fernando Torres and David Luiz for over 80m€ on the last day in January 2011. I remember 4 days earlier both deals looked off.

It's possible to pull off some great deals in the last few days as everything is probably agreed with the targets apart from release fee.

That's what I'm thinking about Koulibaly + one more of great caliber.

Arsenal agree £35m fee with Valencia for Shkodran Mustafi

Germany defender expected to travel to London on Friday for medical 
 Purchase of Lucas Pérez will take club’s spending close to £100m mark

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/25/arsenal-agree-35m-fee-with-valencia-for-shkodran-mustafi

There's something seriously wrong when Arsenal are getting a CB and spending more then us....

10 hours ago, RuudiGullit said:

Absolutely. I'll always support Chelsea but I do not support our board. Not after what happened last season. Hence why I did not renew. We deserve better as fans.

We deserve better as fans? You have got to be kidding me..... Roman has given enough for us as fans to cherish for a lifetime and it isn't as if he has had a change of heart. We just aren't being mugged off anymore like events in previous transfer windows! Do you really blame them after the sagas of Shevchenko and Torres? That's just to name a few! Stop winging all the bloody time... Your negitivity is uneccissary!

19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't know why stuff like this gets my goat so much, but it really does. Sorry - ?

Point taken, perhaps I've become custom to Mourinho's brutal truth regarding board matters :lol: 

In any case, that preceded my point about him leaving Juve for this reason. If you follow where I'm leading with that..

What do you think we're going to end up with?

I think:

In:  Brozovic, Ghoulam

Out:  Cuadrado (though reports suggest that Conte is hesitant until we get a replacement, haven't been linked with any wingers, so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

We're paper thin, we need replacements for anyone who leaves, just can't see it happening.  I'm hoping for an exciting deadline day with sightings at Heathrow, but it doesn't look likely with the speed we take.  Though, Batshuayi was done pretty quickly.  Maybe we're just going to wait at the airport and hijack anyone coming to London for a medical.

I'm starting to accept that every bid we make is going to be rejected and we won't buy any good players. Mid table finish here we come! 

Seriously though, leaving it to deadline day isn't a good idea. Clubs aren't desperate to sell and many won't let their best leave with no replacement.

Hopefully some clubs just get tempted by the transfer fee

6 days and I still don't know what to expect. Signings would have to be made blazing fast. It looks improbable to sign someone every few hours when we signed 2 players since that Leicester game last season over 3 months ago. Chelsea basically signed player every 50 days, they would have to do that every 50 hours from now on.

But still, fully expecting good signings to be made. Or a meltdown. 

18 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

6 days and I still don't know what to expect. Signings would have to be made blazing fast. It looks improbable to sign someone every few hours when we signed 2 players since that Leicester game last season over 3 months ago. Chelsea basically signed player every 50 days, they would have to do that every 50 hours from now on.

But still, fully expecting good signings to be made. Or a meltdown. 

It's either players that can instantly improve the squad, or no players at all. Conte has made it clear that he won't pay over the odds for average players and he is right. If he trusts this set of players he has now, then be it. It would be a daft thing just to buy average players just for the sake of buying something.

Look at Arsenal fans - they are so desperate for new signings that they are at the point where ANY signing would do for them. They've chased all kind of decent players this summer, but they end up with Lucas Perez and Mustafi. Can you believe it? They get excited over Lucas Perez of Deportivo :lol: 

8 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

It's either players that can instantly improve the squad, or no players at all. Conte has made it clear that he won't pay over the odds for average players and he is right. If he trusts this set of players he has now, then be it. It would be a daft thing just to buy average players just for the sake of buying something.

Look at Arsenal fans - they are so desperate for new signings that they are at the point where ANY signing would do for them. They've chased all kind of decent players this summer, but they end up with Lucas Perez and Mustafi. Can you believe it? They get excited over Lucas Perez of Deportivo :lol: 

It is indeed a monumental challenge to improve on the likes of ivanovic, Cahill, and mikel....

Most players start as average players; some improve and some improve a lot becoming world class; scouting talent pertains discovering the players with true potential before they show it to the world. 

Have you realized that what you say is a vicious cycle? The moment a player becomes world class, he has a lot of options and we don't seem to be able to compete with the other top clubs, but we also don't play the odds with unknown players, so we do nothing... And hence miss out on the players about to become world class.

5 hours ago, nono said:

Hopefully in January a lot of these teams will be more willing to sell when they are floundering in their domestic leagues or are knocked out in the early rounds of the champions league. 

Not sure if we can hold a decent league position until Jan. A snail could walk through our defense