Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Zlatan confirming on Instagram that he is off to United. So in one fell swoop we have two massive egos joining United.....another reason to hate them even more. I have lost total love and respect for JM and I cannot stand Zlatan fucking Ibrahimovic.

Free transfer, short term deal I'd assume, and playing under Mourinho. Martial and Mkhitaryan behind or beside him. Can't see him being anything other that a success, unfortunately. He'll absolutely feast on the minnows who can't defend for shit and whose players who will be terrified of him before he steps on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Free transfer, short term deal I'd assume, and playing under Mourinho. Martial and Mkhitaryan behind or beside him. Can't see him being anything other that a success, unfortunately. He'll absolutely feast on the minnows who can't defend for shit and whose players who will be terrified of him before he steps on the pitch.

I won't be surpised if he flops hard. 

Word is that they're also serious about getting Pogba back...

Luckily, they'll still have a slow, aging, out of shape Rooney starting every match in midfield or at #10 which will be a nice weak point to exploit when teams play them. 

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Poor fucking Rasford, the lad won't get a sniff now with this transfer. I please don't think that Zlatan will be a bit part player, he will be the first name on the team sheet without doubt.

Only starting place I can see for him is out on the right. And that's only if they don't buy another super expensive player for that area. Not sure I can see José trusting an 18 year old kid to start week in and week out.

He'll probably be an 80th minute and later player in the PL. He'll start League Cup matches and some Europa games probably and give Zlatan a rest.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Zlatan confirming on Instagram that he is off to United. So in one fell swoop we have two massive egos joining United.....another reason to hate them even more. I have lost total love and respect for JM and I cannot stand Zlatan fucking Ibrahimovic.

Can't believe he turned us down to go to United, and if we didn't place a bid in for him then i'm angry haha. We're letting United get stronger and stronger and stronger :(

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Only starting place I can see for him is out on the right. And that's only if they don't buy another super expensive player for that area. Not sure I can see José trusting an 18 year old kid to start week in and week out.

He'll probably be an 80th minute and later player in the PL. He'll start League Cup matches and some Europa games probably and give Zlatan a rest.

1 minute ago, MichaelDance said:

Can't believe he turned us down to go to United, and if we didn't place a bid in for him then i'm angry haha. We're letting United get stronger and stronger and stronger :(

Rashford was probably their biggest shining light of a shit season, he has momentum the kid and this will just cripple him for me. I don't want players of the age of Zlatan anymore, the signing of players like Batshuayi is the direction we should be going. I'm not disregarding Zlatan because we all know of his quality, but this just smacks of a complete development stagnation by Mourinho, and United finding themselves already in the shoes we did with kids here, and a ball hasn't been kicked under Mourinho. Accommodating players out wide seems a trademark/shoe horning out of position by Mourinho, and it's just not right especially when you factor in the state England as a nation are in after what we have seen at the Euros, he should be loving what we all saw from Rashford, but yet he will be nothing but a bit part player and out of position.

I feel this will be a long term mistake from United and JM.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Rashford was probably their biggest shining light of a shit season, he has momentum the kid and this will just cripple him for me. I don't want players of the age of Zlatan anymore, the signing of players like Batshuayi is the direction we should be going. I'm not disregarding Zlatan because we all know of his quality, but this just smacks of a complete development stagnation by Mourinho, and United finding themselves already in the shoes we did with kids here, and a ball hasn't been kicked under Mourinho. Accommodating players out wide seems a trademark/shoe horning out of position by Mourinho, and it's just not right especially when you factor in the state England as a nation are in after what we have seen at the Euros, he should be loving what we all saw from Rashford, but yet he will be nothing but a bit part player and out of position.

I feel this will be a long term mistake from United and JM.

I agree that it's bad for Rashford this season. No getting around that. But if Zlatan is there only for a single season it could benefit Rashford in the long term. For an 18 year old kid to be able to train every day with a living legend like Zlatan who he must have idolized growing up can only be a huge positive. Sucks for him that he'll be sat on the bench watching most weekends, though.

If he's there beyond this season and I'm Rashford I'd be super pissed off, though.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I agree that it's bad for Rashford this season. No getting around that. But if Zlatan is there only for a single season it could benefit Rashford in the long term. For an 18 year old kid to be able to train every day with a living legend like Zlatan who he must have idolized growing up can only be a huge positive. Sucks for him that he'll be sat on the bench watching most weekends, though.

If he's there beyond this season and I'm Rashford I'd be super pissed off, though.

Either way, being a sub at 18 years old and making appearances off the bench and getting the odd starts, even if it out of position is not bad. In the end of the day, United want to get back to where they feel they belong... winning trophies and really there are not really much 18 year kids who start at any major clubs. Rashford will still be in a good position imo, albeit less games. He still will play cup games, start some European games and play PL games. Not bad.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True I think Zlatan could be a good hit for United which is why I'm worrying lol why couldn't we have him until he is retirement age. He scored some bleeders against us for PSG.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

It will be interesting were Rooney goes in mourinho plans hope mourinho falls flat on his face 

Two very reliable sources in The Guardian & The Telegraph are now running with United chasing hard after Pogba.

That would be one transfer I don't know if I could stomach. Can definitely see them breaking the world transfer record for him. Mou has been desperate for him for years now and their Galactico loving chairman would love to deliver José a present.

Pogba in addition to Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, and Martial with José managing them. Depending on who Pep brings in I could see that side walking the league. Think it'll still be a year early for us.