Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 hours ago, TheIceMan said:

It's Early! It's  Only June! Be patient! We have plenny of time! Don't worry!

When did I hear that before! Oh, wait!!!

That's the thing!last year was only June. July..August..oh look all shut now and rumours were just rumours 

Hard not to get nervous even more so with the work that needs doing 

List of players I want us to sign:

- Nainggolan

- Kante

- Morata

- Koulibaly

I think those players can give us fresh options. it could cost us players such as Matic and Oscar, but if anyone has learned off the abomination that was last season, we should know that neither Matic nor Oscar were anywhere near their best all season.

I don't understand why people are saying Stones is worth trying for. Yeah he's English, but he had a very ugly second half of last season with Everton, and I don't want to be wasting a lot of money on someone who is prone to making mistakes like he was! Not after last season!!

According to reports it's looking like our Summer Transfer Window likely Ins are..

One of Koulibaly/Stones/Marquinhos... (I hope it happens). 

One or maybe Two of Nainggolan/Kante/Joao Mario... again, I hope it happens. 

And Alvaro Morota?? 

Not sure that'll all realistically happen, as much as I would LOVE it to be true.

From the Nainggolan negotiations, I get the feeling that the Board is nickel-and-diming every single transfer deal.  Push it too much and you will see all preferred targets being missed out and more falcaos and miazgas coming in.  The Nainggolan negotiation and possibly the rumoured Morata deal will set the tone for the rest of the summer transfer window - success or failure of these deals will determine how the Board priorities club success or the bank balance.

24 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Looks like Madrid are making their move for Pogba. Insane money.

More worried about Gareth Bale joining United to be fair. Heard that Madrid are going for Pogba only if United pay the 120m for Bale. Knowing that United have all the money in the world to spend and Mourinho had Bale on his wishlist last summer, such offer is more than possible.

20 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

More worried about Gareth Bale joining United to be fair. Heard that Madrid are going for Pogba only if United pay the 120m for Bale. Knowing that United have all the money in the world to spend and Mourinho had Bale on his wishlist last summer, such offer is more than possible.

Can't control whom the Manchester clubs will spend on.  The club can only sort its transfer targets out this summer and nothing more.  For the club's future and to avoid betraying Conte and the fans, I can only hope the Board will fund quality purchases for the most problematic areas. 

20 minutes ago, bellion said:

Can't control whom the Manchester clubs will spend on.  The club can only sort its transfer targets out this summer and nothing more.  For the club's future and to avoid betraying Conte and the fans, I can only hope the Board will fund quality purchases for the most problematic areas. 

It's good to read a post of yours which I can support.

It's just opinion, but I'm certain the club will commit as much money to recruitment as it feels can be afforded. There is bound to be a limit on that however. That limit must restrict what will be possible this summer but affordability is not the only obsticle. We are in a tough place, facing the most competitive transfer market in history. The club will try, is clearly already trying.

14 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Morata rather than Pogba. Seriously!!!

If you offered me both players for free, I'd take the Spaniard. Ten years from now, when you think back and realise that old OhForAGreavsie was right after all, you can send me a pint of Ruddles County and I'll drink your health.

Of course, if I turn out to be wrong, you won't find me for dust.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

:lol: Leicester in the CL pot and are supposedly going for Troy Fucking Deeney. :lol:

What a world we live in when teams like Watford can reject £20m for guys like Deeney... Mind boggling.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's good to read a post of yours which I can support.

It's just opinion, but I'm certain the club will commit as much money to recruitment as it feels can be afforded. There is bound to be a limit on that however. That limit must restrict what will be possible this summer but affordability is not the only obsticle. We are in a tough place, facing the most competitive transfer market in history. The club will try, is clearly already trying.

The only evidence I see of the Board trying is Nainggolan and this is where I remain skeptical of it's moves in the transfer market - the club is haggling over a few million pounds and has failed with two bids which to me is low-balling.  This only serves to risk pissing off potential selling clubs as it did with Everton last summer.  If Man Utd or some other club swoops in and makes a bid that Roma will accept, then it's game over. 

The spending limit which you wrote about should be in the nine figures net, more so since the club has spent less than the likes of Bournemouth over the past 2-3 windows.  Anything less and we will see a repeat of no-names and over-the-hill players being bought and loaned which will very unfairly set Conte up for failure and create yet another manager merry-go-round.

The other transfer rumours should be treated as such unless the players or the clubs involved state otherwise.  I withhold my opinion on those until they become fact.

Weak spots in the first team must be filled with quality purchases if the club has any ambition, competitive market or not.  Failure to do so will doom the club to a downward spiral regardless of excuses.