Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Why would Pogba care about Mourinho?He has more chances to win trophies with Juventus than Man Utd.

You don't think he'll get tired of walking Serie A year after year and want to make a step up somewhere? 

People act like just because it didn't work out in the end for him here that Mourinho is a spent force and isn't a draw any longer. He's still one of the 3 best managers in the world. 

Wonder if that signing ends their interest in Stones. Surely they wouldn't go and spend £40m on him when they have Smalling and now Bailly?

Anyways, that's now Arsenal, City, and United who have made significant signings. Spuds are having some striker who's apparently pretty good in for a medical today.

We, meanwhile, are taking our sweet old time. Far from the time to worry or even be concerned but it's certainly strange that the club who needs the most work (us) is the most quiet.

Just now, Pizy said:

Wonder if that signing ends their interest in Stones. Surely they would go and spend £40m on him when they have Smalling and now Bailly?

Anyways, that's now Arsenal, City, and United who have made significant signings. Spuds are having some striker who's apparently pretty good in for a medical today.

We, meanwhile, are taking our sweet old time. Far from the time to worry or even be concerned but it's certainly strange that the club who needs the most work (us) is the most quiet.

We need to start getting a move on. I know people will say "It's only June" and like you say we need fuck loads of work. Conte is fucking France, teams are buying already and we need about 4-5 players IMO.

Time for action, not words.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

You don't think he'll get tired of walking Serie A year after year and want to make a step up somewhere? 

People act like just because it didn't work out in the end for him here that Mourinho is a spent force and isn't a draw any longer. He's still one of the 3 best managers in the world. 

Behind Pep and Conte, I would agree :P

Bailly is going to be a fantastic CB. It's nailed on. With José's tutelage even more so.

Hopefully we sign Koulibaly now we can't do the Rudiger mistake anymore. (and try to bid for Marquinhos ffs)

Interesting that Jose didn't go after Stones, Marquinhos, Mustafi.

Still think that there will be a more experienced defender coming in.

Classic Josay. [emoji4]

Should there be a cheeky bid for Darmian?

47 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Interesting that Jose didn't go after Stones, Marquinhos, Mustafi.

Still think that there will be a more experienced defender coming in.

Classic Josay. emoji4.png

Should there be a cheeky bid for Darmian?

Yes, I also think he's not done with the defence, interesting to see who they'll get to partner up with Bailly/Smalling. Won't be surprised if they sign one of Marquinhos or Mustafi to be honest.
If (if <_<) we get our targets and they get theirs for defence and midfield it won't be far from our matches of old against them, absolute classics. Only José on the wrong bench this time... 
I would love Darmian here, but i'm biased regarding that.

I reckon we will only get one of Kante/Nainggolan, but I am fine with either even tho I'd prefer Kante for he is younger and already knows the league. Krychowiak, who i have been talking about for a year now, would be the player to replace Matid, if the latter can't resume his 2014 form.

Since 4-2-3-1 is dead and Conte prefers 4-4-2 anyway I could realistically see us lining up as follows, provided Conte has the balls to bench Fabregas, which IMO he should if he really wants to play only 2 cms. Fabreags is the perfect utility player against stubborn defences or teams that leave vast spaces between like ManU under LvG, Arsenal, West Ham. But against competent spaces with a well organised, physical midfielders and at least a medium press he is virtually useless. 

-----------------Courtois----------

Azpi---Zouma--Koulibaly--Baba

-Kante/Nainggolan-Matic/Krychowiak------

Willian/Pedro-------------Kenedy/Hazard

---------------Hazard/Morata--------------

--------------------Diego----------------------

We will not win the league anyway with the team Pep is building but I am convinced we can finish in the top 4 with that, a young, compact, quick team, mobile, mostly athletic  players