Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

-RUMOUR ROUNDUP: NAINGGOLAN, KANTE, MKHITARYAN, CANDREVA

Radja Nainggolan

First up is probably our main target at the beginning of the transfer window, Radja Nainggolan.The Belgian is set to join Hazard and co. on the quest for the European Championship trophy, and could travel back to London after the tournament is over along with Hazard and Courtois, especially after he revived Chelsea’s hope of signing him after it’d died down a bit with some new comments.The 28 year-old would be a very welcome addition to our team with our lack of combative box-to-box midfielders quite as obvious as the sun. He could be on the pricer side but it would probably be worth it, if he is to bring us the solidity in midfield that we’ve been lacking for way too long.

N’golo Kante

Next up is another man hoping to win the Euros this summer, N’golo Kante. The 25 year-old has set the world on fire with his fierce performances for the miraculous Leicester City this season, and we along with Arsenal, PSG and Real Madrid are allegedly fighting to be the ones who activate a reported 20 million Pound release clause in Kante’s contract.Kante is obviously a catch for the rumoured price, and he fulfils a huge need for the team. However, it seems quite unlikely that we would recruit both him and  Nainggolan, and it be even more unlikely that he chooses us if some CL teams could match our financial offer to him, so I would be sad to admit an early defeat on this one, unless our board pull a Willian or a Salah out of nowhere.

Antonio Candreva

Then there is Antonio Candreva of Lazio. Our new coaches namesake has spent a long time with the club from the Italian capital and has not really stood out that much, but he plays for the the Azzuri and we happen to share a coach with them right now, so such a rumour would make sense.The price on the other hand, does not make sense. It is rumoured that we could pay up to 20 million Pounds for the Italian’s services, which would obviously be more than ridiculous. We have positively no need for a player in Candreva’s position (especially if we we’re going to play with three midfielders next season), nor do we need a player of his quality. So it would be business very terribly done if we were to actually sign the Italian.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Last on today’s list is Henrikh Mkhitaryan, one of the main men behind Dortmund’s ultimately unsuccessful but generally applaudable Bundesliga push. He’s also reportedly going for 20 million Pounds and is a ticking time bomb, seeing that his contract expires next year (the fact that all the prices are the same these days makes me suspicious about journalists abilities to make up stuff these days).But of course, the competition for him is also reportedly fierce, and why would it not be, the man is coming off one of the best seasons of his career. We probably don’t have a too urgent need to sign him up, so unless someone leaves we are unlikely to make a deal come to life.

TalkChelsea.net

REPORT: Chelsea have released Alexandre Pato and Radamel Falcao 

Buried deep in the Guardian's report on Chelsea's efforts to sign Alvaro Morata, which we covered earlier, is the off-hand mention that Chelsea have let Pato and Falcao go already, ahead of the official expiration of their loan contracts on June 30.  The newsworthiness of these obvious moves is somewhat debatable, which is perhaps why they decided to just toss them in there as minor items.

Chelsea have prioritised his arrival having released Radamel Falcao and Alexandre Pato back to their parents clubs, Monaco and Corinthians respectively, after underwhelming loan spells. Loïc Rémy is also likely to depart, while Atlético Madrid have not given up hope of re-signing Diego Costa. The London club will resist that interest.-source: Guardian

All of that has been our baseline assumption since the end of the season.  Here's the Mail running a similar story, but attributing the moves to Conte himself.  Either way, releasing Falcao and Pato are obvious and expected moves.Pato himself still seems to be holding out hope of a positive resolution, but his agent revealed a couple weeks ago that the only thing they're hearing from Chelsea is silence.

"Chelsea have not given me or the player any information on the future of Alexandre Pato. We received news that Mr. Conte is reviewing the players in the squad for now."

weaintgotnohistory

13 minutes ago, Billy. said:

.@MCFC is getting close to #Aubameyang of @BVB: contacts ongoing between the clubs and with the striker @SkySportsNewsHQ @SkySport

I simply love whenever Di Marzio hashtags Sky Sports in his tweet and allow them to break his news according to 'sky sources' :D

The recent transfer rumours look very favorable to me: a centre back from Napoli, FB from Juve, two CMs, and a striker. Hopefully some of these go through soon.

Thankfully, I think we can look forward to not only playing 4231.

Hopefully Mikel and Oscar leave too.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Fuck. This would be annoying as hell. I know we have no chance at signing him, but Pogba at United under Mou would be ridiculous.

I'd happily do a deal with them where they back away from Morata and we leave the coast clear for them to pursue Pogba.

5 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Why would Pogba leave Juventus for Man Utd?

Chance to work under Mourinho at one of the world's biggest clubs? Play with Zlatan, Martial, and whatever other big players they buy. Unfinished business at a club he left if that matters to him. Think he said in an interview a few months ago that he still likes United. 

Plus to top it all off he'd probably be the highest paid player in the world. I can easily see him going there. Or City, tbh.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Chance to work under Mourinho at one of the world's biggest clubs? Play with Zlatan, Martial, and whatever other big players they buy. Unfinished business at a club he left if that matters to him. Think he said in an interview a few months ago that he still likes United. 

Plus to top it all off he'd probably be the highest paid player in the world. I can easily see him going there. Or City, tbh.

What is the hype around working with Mourinho? I would think Pogba would rather work with Conte (his old coach) more than Mourinho. Mourinho used to be someone who had a mystique about him, but not much any more. 

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why would Pogba care about Mourinho?He has more chances to win trophies with Juventus than Man Utd.