Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

18 hours ago, Madmax said:

So another 32 year old that keeps Azpi at LB. 

Tbh I think Dave is actually a better force at LB than he is at RB. Can't cross very well on his right, can't provide enough width. Whereas on the left it allows him to cut in for Terry and also frees up Hazard more. It just works better for all parties.

Lichtsteiner is an intelligent player. I wouldn't be averse to it, not for £6m equivalent anyway. Though if we are in for him, we certainly will not be giving him a 4 year contract if we waited until the end to give Terry a one year deal. 2 years would be sensible I reckon.

3 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

19 years old. My point still stands up.

Ake has had tons of first team experience, quite a portion of it here at Chelsea. As has Zouma. For experience, we have Terry, Cesc, Azpilicueta, Diego, Pedro, Begovic for example.

2 youth players is NOT a substantial risk. At MK Dons, where Dele Alli also came from, Karl Robinson remarked on Lewis Baker as 'the most hardworking player he's ever met'. He's literally the profile of player we've been crying out for, along with Ake in that midfield area. Baker was an ever present last season for Vitesse. Yes, RLC is a gamble compared to those two; but we'll only find out one way and we have many other options if that particular experiment fails.

It's not like we're fielding our whole damn youth team. I just see absolutely no gain in buying mediocre players when we could make some world class ones ourselves.

A good experienced RB, though, maybe wouldn't go amiss. Lichtsteiner actually would be a good addition imo, that creates a balanced side.

I see where you're coming from now. I agree that RLC, Baker and Ake should be part of the squad next season btw. Not as sutomatic starters though (maybe apart from Ake). I also agree that we shouldn't but average players when we have these lads in the team who'd be able to fill those sort of roles easily. 

What we need to get correct this summer is buying actual players that'll walk into the first XI (in the right positions). If we do that and bring back our more talented youngsters from loan, it would be a successful summer. 

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I see where you're coming from now. I agree that RLC, Baker and Ake should be part of the squad next season btw. Not as sutomatic starters though (maybe apart from Ake). I also agree that we shouldn't but average players when we have these lads in the team who'd be able to fill those sort of roles easily. 

What we need to get correct this summer is buying actual players that'll walk into the first XI (in the right positions). If we do that and bring back our more talented youngsters from loan, it would be a successful summer. 

Hell, I'd be chipper about even Baker and Ake comng into the fold. Not sure about RLC; I think we should give him a run of games, first 5 perhaps, and make a judgment then. Having those midfielders + Matic, Mikel gives us a lot of rotational options.

Yes, like I say Lichtsteiner is a short term solution to a long term problem of the squad. Azpilicueta is only good for us in a certain niche and that niche is on the left side (which is the reason why he will never feature extensively for his national side). Furthermore, Baba imo is simply not good enough and our fullbacks cannot wait any longer - it's the biggest weakness in the team for me. Purchasing him gives us time to sort it out. Could Aina be the solution? Dasilva? Baba (with a top flight loan spell)?

It's one of the few positions where we don't already have a pool of talent, so imo we'll have to look to the market to solve that problem. Carvajal might be worth looking at. Or we could revisit turning Willian into an RB :P:D

3 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Hell, I'd be chipper about even Baker and Ake comng into the fold. Not sure about RLC; I think we should give him a run of games, first 5 perhaps, and make a judgment then. Having those midfielders + Matic, Mikel gives us a lot of rotational options.

Yes, like I say Lichtsteiner is a short term solution to a long term problem of the squad. Azpilicueta is only good for us in a certain niche and that niche is on the left side (which is the reason why he will never feature extensively for his national side). Furthermore, Baba imo is simply not good enough and our fullbacks cannot wait any longer - it's the biggest weakness in the team for me. Purchasing him gives us time to sort it out. Could Aina be the solution? Dasilva? Baba (with a top flight loan spell)?

It's one of the few positions where we don't already have a pool of talent, so imo we'll have to look to the market to solve that problem. Carvajal might be worth looking at. Or we could revisit turning Willian into an RB :P:D

There is no way he would  move from Champions league champions,his home-grown club where he had a good season...But yes I agree,right back is our biggest problem.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan in no rush to pen Borussia Dortmund contract extension

Henrikh Mkhitaryan's agent has played down talk of a contract extension for the Borussia Dortmund midfielder, sparking rumours of a potential summer move.

"Why should we extend now? Micki (Mkhitaryan) still has a contract until 2017 and we'll continue thinking about his future after that," Mkhitaryan's agent Mino Raiola told German daily Bild.

With Dortmund's captain Mats Hummels having already signed for rivals Bayern Munich next season, Dortmund have been trying to tie down Mkhitaryan and Ilkay Gundogan, who is tipped to join Manchester City, on long-term deals.Mats Hummels will join Bayern Munich this summerDortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke refused to comment on the situation with Mkhitaryan.The Armenian international has had a stellar season at Dortmund, scoring 18 goals and creating another 20 in all competitions, as Borussia finished second only to Bayern in the Bundesliga.The 27-year-old netted a hat-trick for Armenia on Sunday in their 7-1 victory over Guatemala, and had a hand in six of their goals, with their next international on Thursday against El Salvador.Raiola reportedly wants a double exit clause put into Mkhitaryan's contract allowing him to leave if current coach Thomas Tuchel departs or if there is an offer from a top club.

Sky Sports

vardyy.JPG

Chelsea chief scout Piet de Visser: "Chelsea will have a VERY busy summer." (Algemeen Dagblad)

Piet de Visser: "Abramovich is desperate not to have another terrible season. I'll be as busy as I was in 2003-2008."

Piet de Visser: "A lot of new players will arrive this summer (at Chelsea)."

Seems like every link to any player we've had by the media thus far has died. Except for Lukaku.

Nainggolan, Pjanic, Manolas, Koulibaly...pretty much all of those rumors have died and all of them are now are linked with our rivals. 

Doesn't appear likely to me that we'll get any business done early and before the Euro's like I hoped we would. None of the other big PL sides are either surprisingly. Arsenal are the only side that have signed anyone yet. I expected a huge rush by all PL sides within a week of the season ending.

I am all for youth, but some of the people i have seen on social media saying not to sign a new midfielder and have RLC, Baker and Cesc as the midfield is ridiculous. 

Soon as our youth score a good goal in a shitty league, and have a decent season, or play well in a International tournament equivalent to U18-U21 football, they want them starting in the 11.  It will not, and wont ever, happen that way

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seems like every link to any player we've had by the media thus far has died. Except for Lukaku.

Nainggolan, Pjanic, Manolas, Koulibaly...pretty much all of those rumors have died and all of them are now are linked with our rivals. 

Doesn't appear likely to me that we'll get any business done early and before the Euro's like I hoped we would. None of the other big PL sides are either surprisingly. Arsenal are the only side that have signed anyone yet. I expected a huge rush by all PL sides within a week of the season ending.

Because it should be obvious by now. Players want to focus on the Euro. 

The deals will happen after the group stages once teams start to get knock out. 

52 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Because it should be obvious by now. Players want to focus on the Euro. 

The deals will happen after the group stages once teams start to get knock out. 

Yeah. Seems really risky for clubs looking at players, though. A player has a fantastic tournament and then their current club jacks up the price knowing the new PL money is kicking in.

I've always though that if I was a player and was looking for a move I'd want it all settled ASAP and before a major tournament. End speculation quickly so you can focus on only the tournament and nothing more.

34 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Actions speak louder than words ?

At the minute we talk a good game - but that's about it :(