test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

19,227 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are targeting up to SIX summer signings, including Bakayoko, Lukaku, Morata, Sanchez, Van Dijk and Mahrez. [Mail

Heard we're planning to field 15 players, too !

Mufassir08 likes this

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

Not to be bias or anything but I really think we should get one good english man. 

We lost Lampard and now Terry. 

In the team only Cahill left....we need to get another England man to have at least two. We need to have at least two national representative in the team IMHO. 

Bring back Bertrand if that is what we can get. Take a stab at Barkley if that is what we can get, but to me we need to have some English blood in this team as well.

If we can always have 2 or 3 that is the best. 

Agree, it is a shame the best 2 English players are playing for Spurs, as it would make impossible for us to sign them. Others are not great enough. Might better give some chance for our youths.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-transfers-summer-antonio-conte-plans-a7738981.html

Apparently Antonio wants six signings this window: A CB,LWB,CM,ST,Winger and a backup GK.

The article mentions that we are interested in Van Djik(main CB target,think this one will happen), Lukaku, Morata and Mertens(though we will have to look elsewhere).

I think something like this might happen: Van Djik, Lukaku, Bernardo Silva/Sanchez, Bakayoko, Mendy and a random GK.

Would be a tremendous window if we could make it happen

The money from winning the league and all that comes with it, plus assuming Costa goes for between 70-100M and to add to that all the dead wood sales that 'Should' happen, we are looking at a pretty penny to spend. If we scrape the barrel this season/summer transfer window then we get all we deserve. Winning the league and sitting on our hands is not what should happen, this club need to now go to the next level, that can only happen with top class elite signings. Sanchez is the first player I want to see us go for, if not Sanchez then Bale for the right side and following that RN from Roma and either Lukaku or Griezmann.

These players take us up a level, the level the CL and PL require. Keeping Hazard is massive, and I think he will stay and keeping/building the spine a very strong one is also hugely key.

11Drogba likes this

I see a couple of places are now linking us with Kyle Walker. I'd say he would be the best possible fullback signing we could make but there is absolutely zero chance Spuds would sell one of their best players to us.

He sure would be perfect in our system, though, and a significant upgrade on Moses who could then become a solid rotation option.

I see a couple of places are now linking us with Kyle Walker. I'd say he would be the best possible fullback signing we could make but there is absolutely zero chance Spuds would sell one of their best players to us.
He sure would be perfect in our system, though, and a significant upgrade on Moses who could then become a solid rotation option.

Talk of him going to City, so how is that any better?

London connection shouldn't matter, if that's behind it. A competitor is a competitor.

40 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

London connection shouldn't matter, if that's behind it. A competitor is a competitor.

I think it definitely plays a big part. They hate us, we hate them. The Modric situation as well as the Willian situation probably wouldn't help, either. Plus we just beat them to the title and they probably see us as their biggest title rival going forward.

City are such a nothing club that their fans would quickly get over it. Walker would be hated and booed by Spud fans forever if he moves here.

I think it definitely plays a big part. They hate us, we hate them. The Modric situation as well as the Willian situation probably wouldn't help, either. Plus we just beat them to the title and they probably see us as their biggest title rival going forward.
City are such a nothing club that their fans would quickly get over it. Walker would be hated and booed by Spud fans forever if he moves here.

We've broken their hearts a few times in recent years, so they should be used to it by now.

For me the biggest need are CM and wing back. We need a top quality CM who can act as main creator but not bad at defending and a world class wing back either on the left or on the right ( I like both alonso and Moses but I still think we can get an upgrade over them)

* and maybe a striker if costa leave.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:39 AM, RoyalBlues said:

Agree, it is a shame the best 2 English players are playing for Spurs, as it would make impossible for us to sign them. Others are not great enough. Might better give some chance for our youths.

Good call, would be an awesome opportunity for one or two of the youths

Well it's all done and dusted, and whilst the season ends I hope the signings happen soon. We need to act quickly and get the deals done ASAP, no waiting and arseing around......GET THE SIGNINGS IN!

The Skipper likes this

Madrid spending 45m on a 16yo from Brazil.
Vinicius Junior. 

You can just tell this summer is going to be fun when they're setting this precedent.

On 17/05/2017 at 7:06 PM, LAM09 said:

Well it does. London rivalry plays big part. Then you have United Pool rivalry because of history.

Meaning we cant trade with either Arsenal or Spurs. Meanwhile we are Manchesters main competition so they wont sell either. Pool just hates us tho. 

We have been most sucessfull english team these past few years, so its obvious they dont want to trade with us. We just play in wrong city because Arsenal and Spurs are perfect selling teams who will sell to anyone but us because city rivalry.

For us, its pretty much only foreign market because rest of PL league is almost useless for us. They used to have some quality homegrown talents, but nowdays they just buy and buy, fill their squads with overpaid foreign players because they can.

There are few 1st 11 players interesting for us like Lukaku, Dijk, Bertrand and when it comes to them, we can arguably get better from other leagues for maybe even less money.