Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I'm surprised to read such positive comments about Hughes. There was a lot of noise concerning him around the time of our FA Cup tie at Derby two seasons ago so I watched him a couple of times, including in that game. He looked very ordinary to me, like one of those youngsters who is horribly overrated just because he's got a little bit of technique. If these glowing assessments are accurate then either he has come on a lot or I was just plain wrong back then.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

WHU reportedly bid 31M for Lacazette, it's been rejected.

I'd love him here. Such a class player, and the complete opposite to Costa. Would create a nice dynamic I think if we go with two up front. He can create, and is a clinical finisher too. He'd have a bigger impact than Martial coming into the league IMO. 

4 hours ago, Thor said:

I'd love him here. Such a class player, and the complete opposite to Costa. Would create a nice dynamic I think if we go with two up front. He can create, and is a clinical finisher too. He'd have a bigger impact than Martial coming into the league IMO. 

I agree mate.

With our new stadium we're not going to be big spenders anymore, not for a few seasons anyway - therefore we won't spend more than £50m and most of that will be balanced with outgoings. So I've earmarked 2 new signings for what I'm about to write, as well as returning loanees of course. Next season we should be blooding in youth. That Tomori kid impressed me, have to say. Since this season means blooding and rebuilding, Courtois gets the benefit of the doubt, but I'd not be bothered if we replaced him with, say, Fraser Forster. It's an unpopular opinion, but I think Pedro and Willian are very similar players, and one has just greatly appreciated in value - cash in on him.

I've put a variety of possible formations, and this means we could see a lot of rotation.

4-3-3 narrow

Courtois

New RB   Zouma   Terry  Azpili

Ake   Matic  RLC

Pedro Costa Hazard

Fabregas Could also slot in here - as a false 9 for Costa, or in a slightly more supportive role. However, this relies on the wingers being more direct. Traore could come in for Pedro, for instance.

4-4-2  Diamond

Courtois

New RB  Zouma  Terry  Baba

Fabregas

Ake              Matic

Musonda

Hazard     Traore

Much more ball playing. Technically able players dominate, but it is a less direct team.

3-5-2/3-4-3

Courtois

Tomori Cahill Dave

Pedro  Matic   RLC  Baba

Palmer  Costa  Fabregas

A tad more youthful - still an attacking threat, but gives Hazard's legs a rest. Fabregas is a false 9, as he is for Spain, and cuts in from the left hand side.

Finally, 4-2-3-1

Courtois

New RB  Zouma  Terry  Azpi

Ake   RLC

Pedro      Cesc     Hazard

Costa

A more familiar formation, but with a more dynamic pivot - RLC and Ake.

N.B. , if we were to get Nainggolan then RLC may as well leave now.

New RB? Clyne, perhaps, or we could instead put Dave at RB (which I personally don't like, but others do) and play a youth like Jay Dasilva there.

I  want this member                     

Costa               

Hazard     Pjanic        Willian

Cesc       Kante

Azpi  Koulibaly Zouma Janmaat

Courtois

SUB

Begovic  Baba  Ake  Chahil  Matic Cuadrado Kenedy Abraham  Berahino←New (Terry)

Pjanic is best  for stronger !! Koulibaly Zouma Kante is amazing defence power !!!

6 hours ago, AOIRO said:

I  want this member                     

Costa               

Hazard     Pjanic        Willian

Cesc       Kante

Azpi  Koulibaly Zouma Janmaat

Courtois

SUB

Begovic  Baba  Ake  Chahil  Matic Cuadrado Kenedy Abraham  Berahino←New (Terry)

Pjanic is best  for stronger !! Koulibaly Zouma Kante is amazing defence power !!!

I was like 'okay she's given this some thought and its not bad....' until I saw that! I don't want anyone from that relegated lot of chumps.

Primary summer target:Radja Nainggolan

Chelsea remain hopeful of signing Radja Nainggolan, despite the midfielder’s public claims that he does not want to leave Roma.Nainggolan is the No 1 target of incoming head coach Antonio Conte and Chelsea have already seen one bid rejected for the 28-year-old. Chelsea will have to up their offer to around £32 million to convince Roma to sell and must also hand Nainggolan a significant pay rise to move to the Premier League.But the Blues believe they can push a deal over the line and have placed negotiations into the hands of director Marina Granovskaia, who has a good track record of making transfers happen.Granovskaia and Chelsea have not been put off by Nainggolan’s declarations that he intends to stay at Roma, believing the player is simply avoiding putting himself in a difficult position with fans of the Italian club.

telegraph.co.uk

I wouldn't want us to buy any more than 3 players this summer. 4, 5, 6 players could quite easily leave and it would give opportunity for the gaps to be taken by some of the younger players. Remember no European football next season which should mean a fitter, fresher squad with less niggling injuries. We won't need as many players as we've previously used.

Hopefully a good season next year and back into the Champions League. Our smaller squad will then need beefing up which will mean one or two additions along with a couple more of the younger players being drafted into the first team. 

This is a great opportunity to finally start bringing some of them through and I hope Conte is given some chances to be able to do so.

Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup has been encouraged to join Chelsea by his current club’s president, Fikret Orman. “Last season, Lazio made an approach for Oguzhan but I didn’t want him to go there. Lazio are an average side in Italy. Besiktas are bigger than them. If Oguzhan goes to Europe, it should be to a team of the calibre of Chelsea.” (talkSPORT)

I wish it was us who was after this guy.

http://www.football-italia.net/84677/real-madrid-want-juve-chief

Rumours are gathering pace that Real Madrid want to poach Juventus director of sport Fabio Paratici.

The reports emerged last week in Italy and are now spreading to Spain via As.