Pedro Keep Sell Sell Sell
Willian Keep Keep Keep Keep
Kenedy Keep Keep Keep Keep
Bertrand Traore Keep Keep Keep Keep
Pato Sell Sell Sell Sell
Remy Sell Sell Sell Sell
Falcao Sell Sell Sell Sell
Diego Costa Keep Keep Keep Keep

Loved this article and piece from WAGNH.

Mine would be something along the lines of 

Players

Replacement

Thibaut Courtois

Keep

X

Asmir Begovic

Keep

X

Cesar Azpilicueta

Keep

X

Gary Cahill

Sell

Christensen

Branislav Ivanovic

Sell

Ake

John Terry

Sell

Hummels/New CB

Kurt Zouma

Keep

X

Baba Rahman

Keep

X

Matt Miazga

Keep

X

Eden Hazard

Keep

X

Cesc Fabregas

Sell

Radja

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Keep

X

Nemanja Matic

Keep

X

John Obi Mikel

Sell

Vidal/Kante

Oscar

Sell

Pjanic

Pedro

Sell

Musonda

Willian

Keep

X

Kenedy

Keep

X

Bertrand Traore

Keep

X

Pato

Sell

Baker

Remy

Sell

?

Falcao

Sell

?

Diego Costa

Keep

X

I was going to post real life is not FIFA, but not even on FIFA you can't sell that many high wage players in a single transfer window :lol:

I mean, how do you realistic expect us to get rid of all our experienced CBs, plus several midfield options, PLUS all bench strikers within 2 months? Not that I disagree with the players you want out, but its just not going to happen.

Guys like Ivanovic, Terry, Fabegras, Remy and Falcao are definite names that must leave. However, I wouldnt mind keeping the likes of Cahill, Mikel, Oscar and Pedro. Signing new players is something expensive and as long as they arent required to play every week, there is indeed space for them to offer something.

The real problem we have is buying the right individuals for the right positions. Not necessarily selling that many players. For instance, if we only get rid of the players I mentioned, we could go into next season with "only" a new CB, LB/RB, CM, CAM and backup ST. So, of the 5 hypothetical transfers, 3 are expensive (CB, CM and CAM), but 2 not so much. Which is whitin realms of reality imo.

Mats Hummels, much like Sergio Ramos fits perfectly into the niche 'fantastic footballer, idiotic defender'. The best players aren't always the ones with an 85+ rating on videogames or the ones oft in the media circles. Never forget that Jose Fonte was once the best CB in England. I'll always pick an average player that elevates the team and fits into a philosophy over a fantastic player that is playing in a manner foreign.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mats Hummels, much like Sergio Ramos fits perfectly into the niche 'fantastic footballer, idiotic defender'. The best players aren't always the ones with an 85+ rating on videogames or the ones oft in the media circles. Never forget that Jose Fonte was once the best CB in England. I'll always pick an average player that elevates the team and fits into a philosophy over a fantastic player that is playing in a manner foreign.

Completely agree but its funny both have won world cup and played super important roles there.

That said I will always prefer no nonsense CB like Godin or Barzagli over Ramos, Hummels, Pique etc...

Hummels is probably CB Im most dissapointed as I thought will become best CB in world but is making mistakes almost every game nowdays.

1 hour ago, Rmpr said:

I was going to post real life is not FIFA, but not even on FIFA you can't sell that many high wage players in a single transfer window :lol:

I mean, how do you realistic expect us to get rid of all our experienced CBs, plus several midfield options, PLUS all bench strikers within 2 months? Not that I disagree with the players you want out, but its just not going to happen.

Guys like Ivanovic, Terry, Fabegras, Remy and Falcao are definite names that must leave. However, I wouldnt mind keeping the likes of Cahill, Mikel, Oscar and Pedro. Signing new players is something expensive and as long as they arent required to play every week, there is indeed space for them to offer something.

The real problem we have is buying the right individuals for the right positions. Not necessarily selling that many players. For instance, if we only get rid of the players I mentioned, we could go into next season with "only" a new CB, LB/RB, CM, CAM and backup ST. So, of the 5 hypothetical transfers, 3 are expensive (CB, CM and CAM), but 2 not so much. Which is whitin realms of reality imo.

Fair enough mate.

Though i have a bit different thinking about the bench players. First of all,getting rid of Iva, JT, cesc, Pato and Falcao wont fetch us anything. Simply free our wages. Considering how our board has been working, we will be spending what we earn. Now coming onto the bench players like Oscar, Pedro, Mikel, Cahill. I just dont see the point of keeping them around. Infact, I would sell them and keep JT, iva, Cesc if given an option. These players not only have a good market value and fetch us good amounts, but also, these are the players who make us the most mediocre.

Oscar can be replaced with Baker (considering we shift to 4-3-3 so we are just looking at CMs not no.10) and perform a better role.

Pedro for me has been one of the worst performers. Again if we play 4-3-3, then we have hazard, willian, cuadrado for wing position. Give the 4th spot to Kenedy/musonda.

Cahill is simply not good enough. Another one who can get us some fee. If the option for the 4th CB spot is between GC and JT then I would much rather have JT. For the 3rd CB position (zouma and new CB being the 1st 2), I would definitely have Andreas. Cahill is not good enough to be the 3rd choice.

Mikel has been a great servant. But we need him to leave. Irrespective of who else we are keeping, Mikel needs to go. He simply is not good enough.

I dont play Fifa. My kids do though. But i can get the analogy. Is not what has happened this season also Fifa-ish (I think you mean unrealistic by that). I am not advocating buying 10 new players, but simply replacing half of them with our youth while the other half with some high profile signings.

My dream team for next season:

Goalkeepers: Courtois, Begovic

Defenders: Bonucci, Stones, Zouma, Terry -- Azpilicueta, Ake, Baba

Midfielders: Pjanic, Nainggolan, Kante, RLC, Baker

Attackers: Willian, Pedro, Traore, Costa, Hazard, Griezmann/Dybala

On loan: Christensen, Musonda, Solanke, Kenedy, Miazga.

Sell: Salah, Cuadrado, Oscar, Mikel, Matic, Cesc, Cahill, Ivanovic, Remy

10 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Fair enough mate.

Though i have a bit different thinking about the bench players. First of all,getting rid of Iva, JT, cesc, Pato and Falcao wont fetch us anything. Simply free our wages. Considering how our board has been working, we will be spending what we earn. Now coming onto the bench players like Oscar, Pedro, Mikel, Cahill. I just dont see the point of keeping them around. Infact, I would sell them and keep JT, iva, Cesc if given an option. These players not only have a good market value and fetch us good amounts, but also, these are the players who make us the most mediocre.

Oscar can be replaced with Baker (considering we shift to 4-3-3 so we are just looking at CMs not no.10) and perform a better role.

Pedro for me has been one of the worst performers. Again if we play 4-3-3, then we have hazard, willian, cuadrado for wing position. Give the 4th spot to Kenedy/musonda.

Cahill is simply not good enough. Another one who can get us some fee. If the option for the 4th CB spot is between GC and JT then I would much rather have JT. For the 3rd CB position (zouma and new CB being the 1st 2), I would definitely have Andreas. Cahill is not good enough to be the 3rd choice.

Mikel has been a great servant. But we need him to leave. Irrespective of who else we are keeping, Mikel needs to go. He simply is not good enough.

I dont play Fifa. My kids do though. But i can get the analogy. Is not what has happened this season also Fifa-ish (I think you mean unrealistic by that). I am not advocating buying 10 new players, but simply replacing half of them with our youth while the other half with some high profile signings.

Well, like I said before, I agree with your evaluations. I just dont think its nearly as easy to offloads those players as you think.

JT, Pato and Falcao are execptions as their contracts end. However, all other players are hard to get rid off. In order to sell players of the caliber of Oscar, Fabregas, Pedro and Cahill; we would need to find a club who can afford their wages and transfer fee and, at the same time, is atractive enough for them to accept the move. They all have families, etc. Its not simple!

Replacing players is complicated too. There are numerous expenses to count for: juridical, medical, traveling and housing for the first few months, agent fees, etc. Its easier to just stay with the current players imo. They already have their routine in place and so on. Not to count the fact those individuals are not too bad for bench options. I mean, which bench player in England is better than Cahill or Mikel? Apart from City, which bench midfielder is better than Oscar or Pedro? 

Also, Chelsea has a hard enough task by signing at least top 3-4 players. Imagine having to do that plus filling in bench options. It will only  unnecessary deviate the board from its true objective...

EDIT: In resume, what I am trying to say is that I believe CFC should try to first do the basic. Lets sign the key pieces we need and then use the new season to reevaluate our current squad. Who knows, maybe some of them regain form with Conte, but if they dont, they will not be first options anyways.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

On loan: Christensen, Musonda, Solanke, Kenedy, Miazga.

I love your midfield I doubt we could get griezmann or dybala tho Lacazette would be perfect and wouldn't be hard to sign as well and I rather bring back Christensen than sign stones 

54 minutes ago, the wes said:

I love your midfield I doubt we could get griezmann or dybala tho Lacazette would be perfect and wouldn't be hard to sign as well and I rather bring back Christensen than sign stones 

Oh I agree that it would be nice to have Christensen back next season already but I've read multiple rumours that Gladbach are negotiating to make him stay another year. Also, Stones might be available for a slightly reduced price due to his lack of form this season so it might be a gamble worth taking. If he doesn't perform up to the level everyone expects, we could just sell him somewhere else and replace him with Christensen in the following season.

Juventus seem to value many of our players including Cuadrado and Oscar, so I guess there is a very small chance that we could be able to negotiate a transfer for Dybala in exchange for multiple players. The lad is still very young and Premier League teams can easily pay twice or three times as much as Juventus can. Would he want to move to a team that doesn't play in the Champions League for at least one season? Who knows. Di Maria didn't seem to mind when he made his decision to move to ManU. Also, Conte seems to value Dybala and considering the respect Serie A players in general have for Conte, I bet we might have a chance. 

We won't try and pull Dybala from Juventus until he is in another league pulling up trees. If we want players like Dybala we have to be prepared to pay massive amounts, and I don't think our board have it in them anymore to pay massive amounts for a player now. The mind set has to move away from penny pinching like last summer if we want these players. Turning heads with big cash, not just cash but without the CL is all the more difficult, we will need to offer big bucks for nigh on every top player we go for, that's if we go for them at all. 

6 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

On loanChristensen, Musonda, Solanke, Kenedy, Miazga.

Bold names I am not sure will be here next year as theyll be sold or loaned.  Cesc and Cuadrado along with Ivanovic definitely will. 100%

I can see perhaps Stones or Manolas for CB.   Nainggolan and Perisic or Pjanic in midfield.  And Cavani upfront or someone like Higuain.   That'll probably be our business done then incoming (apart from youngsters), depending who goes

25 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We won't try and pull Dybala from Juventus until he is in another league pulling up trees. If we want players like Dybala we have to be prepared to pay massive amounts, and I don't think our board have it in them anymore to pay massive amounts for a player now. The mind set has to move away from penny pinching like last summer if we want these players. Turning heads with big cash, not just cash but without the CL is all the more difficult, we will need to offer big bucks for nigh on every top player we go for, that's if we go for them at all. 

I think this summer we will move away from penny pinching and selling to buy.  Conte has to be backed massively, and be allowed to bring in what he wants if the club have any plans to challenge next season

What do you guys think of Rakitic?

IMO he is not having the best season with Barca and despite brilliant last one, he never realy suited them and replicated his sevilla form.

Im almost certain he will be available in summer and for relatively small amount if barca goes for another CM. 

Problem is he isnt fast or dynamic midfielder (and I dislike such players) but he could be perfect to set up counter attacks. He has that mentality of a winner and usualy performs well despite those physical flaws. He is still miles more useful in bigger games than Cesc. 

I usualy dont want any player from barca, except for those that dont suit them from the begining like Yaya, Alexis, Rakitic, Ibra etc...because they usualy play alot better in teams that play opposite stlye than barca. 

If there will be no better alternatives, I think Rakitic could be one to at least observe before sticking to Cesc for another season.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Considering our performance this season together with the massive amounts of money every PL team is getting, I'd say we are going to spend big this summer. Add that with the Yokohama deal and CFC definitely has the resources to pull off 2-4 major transfers this summer, especially if players like Oscar, Matic etc. are leaving.

We need 2 centrebacks and 2 midfielders, probably a goalscoring winger/striker so I believe we are going to witness the busiest summer transfer window in recent memory.

Rakitic's not having his best season, but man, last season he was world class (imo).

He is always telling the media how much he adores Messi and loves to put in the hard work for them.

Barca ain't stupid, they know how much they need guys like him, especially when the squad is as thin as today.

I would love seeing Rakitic here, but it would require a massive amount of money and i can't see the board pulling it off.

We'll buy Nainggolan and 2-3 other guys for in today's game normal prices.

We ain't the top dog anymore.

Prem will be fun next season!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

Rakitic's not having his best season, but man, last season he was world class (imo).

He is always telling the media how much he adores Messi and loves to put in the hard work for them.

Barca ain't stupid, they know how much they need guys like him, especially when the squad is as thin as today.

I would love seeing Rakitic here, but it would require a massive amount of money and i can't see the board pulling it off.

We'll buy Nainggolan and 2-3 other guys for in today's game normal prices.

We ain't the top dog anymore.

Prem will be fun next season!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I actualy think they will go for someone like Pogba and sell Rakitic/Turan to finance the deal.

27 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Maybe they offload Turan, but in my view not Rakitic.

I hope we're not in for Turan, not worth the hustle, imo.

I wouldnt rate Turan based on his barca days because he plays wrong position and not regulary, but yeah his age and possible lack of fitness, not to mention price; we shouldnt get near unless he would be ~15m. 

Biglia is also one of underrated CMs out there, but for 30 y.o. Lazio price of 30m is plain stupid.

On 4/21/2016 at 7:57 AM, Rmpr said:

Well, like I said before, I agree with your evaluations. I just dont think its nearly as easy to offloads those players as you think.

JT, Pato and Falcao are execptions as their contracts end. However, all other players are hard to get rid off. In order to sell players of the caliber of Oscar, Fabregas, Pedro and Cahill; we would need to find a club who can afford their wages and transfer fee and, at the same time, is atractive enough for them to accept the move. They all have families, etc. Its not simple!

Replacing players is complicated too. There are numerous expenses to count for: juridical, medical, traveling and housing for the first few months, agent fees, etc. Its easier to just stay with the current players imo. They already have their routine in place and so on. Not to count the fact those individuals are not too bad for bench options. I mean, which bench player in England is better than Cahill or Mikel? Apart from City, which bench midfielder is better than Oscar or Pedro? 

Also, Chelsea has a hard enough task by signing at least top 3-4 players. Imagine having to do that plus filling in bench options. It will only  unnecessary deviate the board from its true objective...

EDIT: In resume, what I am trying to say is that I believe CFC should try to first do the basic. Lets sign the key pieces we need and then use the new season to reevaluate our current squad. Who knows, maybe some of them regain form with Conte, but if they dont, they will not be first options anyways.

You make great points there, especially the link with wages, which is something people forget often.

Ironically, that's one of the couple things you've missed: you propose a false dilemma in that we need to find a bench player to replace our bench players. Even if it were true, it doesn't really matter because the likes of PSG and other top sides have just so many options that it becomes unfair, as it has been. BTW, liverpool has Cam and Lucas, both far better players than Mikel (I'd even take Allen to be honest), but again I digress.

Point being that at around 75k and 95K weekly, I am sure Wanyama or any other midfield/defender from mid or smaller sides in the PL would suffer through sitting on our bench. Also, this idea of having bench warmers who accept their role as such is something very unique with us, and not common in other top sides: competition is important! Often I feel our players could use more competition - they look way too comfortable. And why do you say England? Are we not planning on competing in Europe anymore? There are good players all over the place and we have the expensive scouts to find them.

Accepting the status quo is accepting defeat. Even if I admit that Oscar may not cut it at chelsea, which disappoints me, I cannot understand why people still want players who have proven over and over again, over many years, that they are not good enough to make us competitive against the top sides. Should we take a loss with them? we've done it before.