test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

19,311 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

I would be very surprised if Matic is gone while Cesc and Chalobah stay. Conte prefers him over both of them

He prefers him in certain styles of matches 100%. But say theoretically we sign Bakayoko who is the same player as Matic. Would Matic want to stay? Chalobah feels to me like the new Mikel, Will always be around and a squad player. Fabregas has more than earned my respect for his professionalism and play this year, plus he offers something Matic/Bakayoko/Kante dont.  

I would love to keep Matic but Conte seems to want a new CM option and Matic might be the odd man out.

My preferred summer:

Lukaku - I think he'll fit this Chelsea team better than Morata but Morata would be a decent choice too. (If Costa leaves)

Bernardo Silva or Sanchez (if Willian leaves)

Loftus-Cheek, Baker and Chalobah hopefully to be given a more significant role next season. I hear Conte is big on Baker but if he's not ready for Chelsea just yet -- I wouldn't mind Ross Barkley either in the mean time as I hear Conte is big on him too. 

Maybe a Dasilva bump to reinforce the wing back positions? But that might be reaching too much. 

Christensen to return. Ake most likely out.

Loan out Tammy to a top flight team. He's too good for the second division.

Cahill isn't going anywhere. He's staying as a starter and will be our captain. I don't see our back 3 changing next season. Christensen is probably going to be groomed to take over Luiz one day.

No to Bakoyoko. Overrated, bandwagon, impulsive summer target. 

Unless Azpi and/or Zouma is leaving I don't really see why we need Van Dijk. Our back 3 has been amazing - will Van Dijk improve it? I don't think so.

Break the bank on Lukaku and Silva/Sanchez in my opinion and promote and groom youth. That's my idea of a great summer. 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:10 AM, DYC. said:

^^ I find Van Dijk's ball-playing ability to be overrated but I guess that's just me. He's a good defender but a 60 mil CB? Never. He's not better than David Luiz and he was half the price.

Preach. Ball playing ability vastly overrated because he was dribbling past some Scottish farmers a few seasons ago. No disrespect to Scotland obviously, I'd say the same about the Dutch league.

Think we should go for Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer, especially if we don't manage to pinch Alexis from Arsenal and sign another RF. Best young English talent out there that can actually contribute well to the squad. Could play at RWB imo.

priorities this summer are keeping Hazard and Courtois here at all costs to fend off Real Madrid and co. , then i would sign another Defender, and Sanchez and also Nainggolan if possible, i strongly believe they will add that extra dimension to our midfield and attack that we need, specially in the Champions League. We´ll see what unfolds in the summer, but first let´s finish this season on a high note, then we will worry about possible transfers. Cheers

10 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Preach. Ball playing ability vastly overrated because he was dribbling past some Scottish farmers a few seasons ago. No disrespect to Scotland obviously, I'd say the same about the Dutch league.

Scottish farmers, haha. Bants.

@Blue-in-me-Veins Van Dijk has always been getting forward btw. He used to get flack for his Beckenbauer impression as a youngster. He's actually become less attacking now.

10 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Think we should go for Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer, especially if we don't manage to pinch Alexis from Arsenal and sign another RF. Best young English talent out there that can actually contribute well to the squad. Could play at RWB imo.

Oxlade-Chamberlain would be brilliant, he'd be able to fill so many holes in this team.

Do you think there's any chance that we have a shot for him?

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

he was dribbling past some Scottish farmers a few seasons ago. No disrespect to Scotland obviously,

No need to apologise that's pretty accurate :D. Does make me laugh that Scotland wants independence but so many of them want Rangers and Celtic to play in England.

The Skipper likes this

13 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I love him as a player.  He has so much passion too.  There's been a few times he's gotten really frustrated at the lack of effort from his fellow Arsenal players.  He wants to win.

I see more as a CM though.  I think that's his best position.  But I am not sure if he would fit in the best in our current formation there.  I just think he could be limited at RWB, although I think he could be good there.  

What are your thoughts about him as a CM?  And do you think he would be too limited as a RWB?

I love him as a player.  He has so much passion too.  There's been a few times he's gotten really frustrated at the lack of effort from his fellow Arsenal players.  He wants to win.
I see more as a CM though.  I think that's his best position.  But I am not sure if he would fit in the best in our current formation there.  I just think he could be limited at RWB, although I think he could be good there.  
What are your thoughts about him as a CM?  And do you think he would be too limited as a RWB?

He isn't good enough with the ball whilst under pressure, which was shown against Bayern. Another Pedro type of option would be the best bet (RW-RWB).

I'd take Lukaku if we could as 3rd choice / 2nd choice if needed but I do like Batshuayi.

Then if we loose Courtois or Begovic I'd go for Keylor Navas or De Gea. 

sanchez  fabinho  vandijk     come oooooooooooooon !!

Lukaku bakayoko bernardsilva  fuck off !

On 3/29/2017 at 7:59 PM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

*runs out of thread*

A real talent. New age all-round midfielder. A move to Chelsea would be bad for his development though. But maybe Chelsea can scoop him up like they did with so many Belgians in the past and loan him out. Buy Fabinho and loan Tielemans to Monaco?

I'll come back to earth now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/30/neymar-brazil-barcelona-santos-transfer

"Abramovich had not given up wooing Neymar either. Michael Emenalo, Chelsea’s director of football, flew to Santos to try again. He met Neymar and proceeded to deliver one of the best sales pitches Motta had ever heard. “It was the very first time that I saw Neymar’s father listen to someone for more than 30 minutes without looking at his mobile,” Motta said."

What could have been :(

Also, seems like Emenalo is not as bad as some would say.

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/30/neymar-brazil-barcelona-santos-transfer

"Abramovich had not given up wooing Neymar either. Michael Emenalo, Chelsea’s director of football, flew to Santos to try again. He met Neymar and proceeded to deliver one of the best sales pitches Motta had ever heard. “It was the very first time that I saw Neymar’s father listen to someone for more than 30 minutes without looking at his mobile,” Motta said."

What could have been :(

Also, seems like Emenalo is not as bad as some would say.

If we got Neymar, possibly we wouldnt have Eden since both play same position. 

Im happy how it turned out.

27 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If we got Neymar, possibly we wouldnt have Eden since both play same position. 

Im happy how it turned out.

Agreed.