Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 hours ago, Robguima said:

That'd be more CM deals than we ever done - glad someone can see the obvious.

This. How is it possible that a club this big hasn't been able to replace Ballack. And I mean, he left us 6 years ago...

Think about it. The last time we had a world class box-to-box CM, Instagram hadn't been invented yet. Ever since, we've had Meireles (not true box-to-box), broken Essien and Ramires who was never good enough in the first place apart from few special goals.

We need a new first team squad, simple as. Today's result is a big reality check, our players ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Give Conte a fucking war chest and let the man buy the players he wants. Emenalo also needs to be sacked/killed after this season ends, or else we might see a repeat of last summer.

26 minutes ago, the wes said:

what players would u get rid off??

Matic, Oscar, Cahill, Pedro, Ivanovic (If he doesn't want to stay as a backup CB), Remy, Pato and Falcao. We have too many players that aren't at the required standards for Chelsea FC, most of our first team players are average at best. A big rebuild project in the Summer of 2016 is a must, especially if we want to challenge TOP 4 next season.

I just want Conte to sign fighters. Our midfield has been consistently overrun by average teams this season because players like Mikel, Matic and Fabregas are way too lethargic.

So I'm glad we're being linked with players like Nianggolan and Vidal, but I would like players of that sort in a younger bracket as well. Kante would be amazing.

Why not sign Kante and Vidal/Naingolan?

Im pretty sure that Conte is going to play 4-3-3, he wont play Fabregas in a two men midfield. Vidal-Kante-Cesc looks great to me. With Willian, Hazard and Costa/X up top.
I like Matic but he looks like shit all season, im not sure we should count on him.

And a CB like Bonucci or Marquinhos, and a striker like Lacazette to compete/replace Costa.

41 minutes ago, nadavTKL said:

Why not sign Kante and Vidal/Naingolan?

Im pretty sure that Conte is going to play 4-3-3, he wont play Fabregas in a two men midfield. Vidal-Kante-Cesc looks great to me. With Willian, Hazard and Costa/X up top.
I like Matic but he looks like shit all season, im not sure we should count on him.

And a CB like Bonucci or Marquinhos, and a striker like Lacazette to compete/replace Costa.

It's far too sensible and way too much funds needed to deploy your proposition.

Idealy 

1.) A top B2B or two if Matic leaves. Idealy Kante and Vidal/Nainggolan/Matuidi

2.) A top CB. No idea who though, I would prefer experienced over young one.

3.) Striker back up for Costa, this time someone good enough to even be a starter if we deploy two striker formation. Should we play two strikers regulary, Griezmann without doubt as first choice.

4.) LB/RB depending where will Azpi play for rest of his career. I like his defending more on left side, but from right he is better in attack (not by much tho). But I think I would keep him on left and bring RB like Aurier if available. *If Baba improves, no need then.

5.) Potentialy CM if Cesc is sold by Conte. Pjanic/Gundogan.

First three points are a must, idealy three top players that will improve us instantly. 4. and 5. are optional, probably impossible this summer. But three top players, considering we will also offload some, should not be a problem for us.

Idealy 

1.) A top B2B or two if Matic leaves. Idealy Kante and Vidal/Nainggolan/Matuidi

2.) A top CB. No idea who though, I would prefer experienced over young one.

3.) Striker back up for Costa, this time someone good enough to even be a starter if we deploy two striker formation. Should we play two strikers regulary, Griezmann without doubt as first choice.

4.) LB/RB depending where will Azpi play for rest of his career. I like his defending more on left side, but from right he is better in attack (not by much tho). But I think I would keep him on left and bring RB like Aurier if available. *If Baba improves, no need then.

5.) Potentialy CM if Cesc is sold by Conte. Pjanic/Gundogan.

First three points are a must, idealy three top players that will improve us instantly. 4. and 5. are optional, probably impossible this summer. But three top players, considering we will also offload some, should not be a problem for us.

The problem will be attracting these top players. We have no CL football and the board is in disarray. Not to mention we have the media breathing down our neck. If Conte does get hired, raiding Serie A for players would make the most sense cause they probably know the most about him.

3 minutes ago, iseah100 said:

The problem will be attracting these top players. We have no CL football and the board is in disarray. Not to mention we have the media breathing down our neck. If Conte does get hired, raiding Serie A for players would make the most sense cause they probably know the most about him.

IMO Conte could bring couple top players. Vidal recently even said that anything is possible and he would follow Conte in war (reference to Conte words from few years ago). However I dont buy too much into it, I think its not as impossible.

I agree we cant get Pogba,Veratti, Modric or others that are wanted by every club today. But lets say either Griezmann, Vidal, Aurier, Marquinhos would not be impossible but we would have to offer them shitload of cash too. 

Target players who are not 100% with their current club or have some good relationship with Conte.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO Conte could bring couple top players. Vidal recently even said that anything is possible and he would follow Conte in war (reference to Conte words from few years ago). However I dont buy too much into it, I think its not as impossible.

I agree we cant get Pogba,Veratti, Modric or others that are wanted by every club today. But lets say either Griezmann, Vidal, Aurier, Marquinhos would not be impossible but we would have to offer them shitload of cash too. 

Target players who are not 100% with their current club or have some good relationship with Conte.

The £64,000 question is this - how much is the Board willing to spend on players?

My sceptical self tells me that the net spend will be the same or even lower than last summer ( less than 10 million pounds) and it's very likely that we will spend it on more Papys and washed-out former superstars on loan (Robinho anyone?).   

I do not believe for even a minute that the Board will buy any player in that list above  although they will make a pretense of bidding for top players with initial derisory bids  which eventually end up with zilch.  At least they tried which is their planned message to gullible fans.

Hence, there will be no shitloads of cash spent but there will be massive shit on the pitch when the new season begins with the same Defence and Midfield starting (minus Terry, Hazard and maybe Costa) and the club battles relegation. 

But hey, at least the balance sheet looks healthy.  

I hope Conte refuses to sign if he's not promised a massive transfer kitty.

Griezmann absolutely loves Atletico. I would not want Vidal's alcoholic ass here. And he's only getting older. We could possibly get one of Marquinhos/Veratti. But not both, PSG wouldn't be willing nor would the club. One of them would cost £50m+. So maybe Marquinhos, Naigolaan and a second tier dm. That would be sufficent imo. With the loanees we have (Christensen, Ake, Baker, solanke, Bamford) the youth players could turn this team around.

I foresee no Chelsea future for any of the last three on that list. Especially not the two Bs.

Maybe not Bamford. But Baker has a shot. Nailed on starter at Vitesse, more chances created than any other U-21 player in the Eredivise. Not bad.

22 minutes ago, iseah100 said:

Maybe not Bamford. But Baker has a shot. Nailed on starter at Vitesse, more chances created than any other U-21 player in the Eredivise. Not bad.

I confess that I am guilty of 'abandoning' a player when I don't believe in them. So, for example, I'm not watching Bamford or any of the Vitesse contingent any more because I've decided that only Solanke has any hope with Chelsea and even that is a very, very slim hope. This means that if such players have a surge in form I don't tend to be aware of it until I read about it here. What you've told me about Lewis is therefore news to me. I'm pleased for him and maybe I should check him out again but the truth is, although form comes and goes, I don't believe he has the required quality to be a Chelsea player. I'll let you know if I watch him and start to change my mind.

With Bamford, although I have watched him from time to time, the truth is I wrote off his Chelsea chances before he even went on his first loan to MK Dons. I've seen nothing since which encourages me to revise that view. On the other hand, I watch every minute I can of Musonda because there, I do have belief. I've also been following Christiansen, Pasalic, Boga and Ake.